PDA

View Full Version : Add and Adjective: Liberty Paul, Smarmy Romney, etc.

presence
01-19-2012, 09:58 AM
I say that as we mention the candidates from here forward in our forum discussions and video comments we always add an adective before their name.

For the language skills impaired:

"In grammar, an adjective is a 'describing' word; the main syntactic role of which is to qualify a noun or noun phrase, giving more information about the object signified." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjective

I don't remember which thread I first picked up "smarmy" from... but I'm going to use it from here forward for our dear friend Smarmy Romney! I think it would be great if we could brand this particular adjective into the collective conscience; it has a good ring... and it is very well earned.

(oh... edit: it was here... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?350396-Can-this-be-made-into-an-anti-romney-ad&highlight=smarmy thanks, freneticentropy)

Ingratiating and wheedling in a way that is perceived as insincere or excessive; unctuous.
revealing or marked by a smug, ingratiating, or false earnestness <a tone of smarmy self-satisfaction
A certain attitude often accompanied by a squinty look and a superior smile that makes you instantly hate a person. Similar to snobby.
www.merriam-webster.com%2Fdictionary%2Fsmarmy&ei=FDwYT9S3MqXd0QGKwOm_Cw&usg=AFQjCNHt5GxWVvIMaPp3eDIL0JonDxsBew&cad=rja
www.urbandictionary.com%2Fdefine.php%3Fterm%3Dsmar my&ei=FDwYT9S3MqXd0QGKwOm_Cw&usg=AFQjCNFfszhWsykGbw0m-PMEuBjM2K8vQQ&cad=rja

"santorum" Santorum of course alreay has a well attached adjective...

Not that we need to all stick to one specific adjective for each candidate... but I think making a habit of attaching an adjective helps in "giving more information about the candidate signified."

This thread would make a great place to catalog adjectives for the major candidates... including vainglorious Obama... though I have yet to find one both fitting and with a substaintial ring for NWO Captain Glob-al-amatron.

I also recently heard the phrase, which works well for a 3rd party campaign:

Goldman Obama vs.
Goldman Romney vs.
Liberty Paul,
You Choose!

Hopefully we can get the media... or at least some of our grassroots sign makers to pick up some of our suggestions!

for our friend in cause, Liberty Paul,

presence