PDA

View Full Version : Okay. With Santy winning IA, Mitt winning NH, (possibly) Newt winning SC....

wgadget
01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
How could it be a viable option for Romney to NOT debate Ron Paul when Santy and Newt drop out because of lack of money?

It will NOT be obvious that Romney is the nominee if the wins are meted out to three different people. It will come down to a money game, and it would be outright WRONG to dismiss Ron Paul.

What do you think? How will it play out?

brandon
01-19-2012, 09:21 AM
If Newt wins SC he is not going to drop out or have any problems with money.

Cody1
01-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Santorum maybe, Newt has more money than we do.

I was under the impression that Santorum was finally raising money as well.

wgadget
01-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Newt and Santy aren't even on all the ballots.

01-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Worked for McCain why wouldn't it work for Romney. It's more or less standard practice for the MSM presumptive winner not to debate anymore.

Cody1
01-19-2012, 09:24 AM

I don't think the American people care. Either they will write them in or vote Romney due to lazyness. There are no free votes when it comes to Ron Paul, sorry dude! I'm as optimistic as the next but we have to earn our keep around here.

wgadget
01-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Worked for McCain why wouldn't it work for Romney. It's more or less standard practice for the MSM presumptive winner not to debate anymore.

But "presumptive winner" is presumptuous.

GHoeberX
01-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Santorum maybe, Newt has more money than we do.

Source????

No way: his campaign abilities is being vastly overrated by the media.

He was in DEBTS with no money on hand at the end of Q3, while Ron Paul campaign never had any debts and always held cash on hand. Now in Q4 Ron Paul raised more money than Newt Gingrich. The only possibility of Newt having more cash than Ron Paul campaign is if he didn't spend anything in Q4 (which clearly isn't the case).

Although if you take into account the superPACs, he might have more money I guess.

wgadget
01-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Aren't the Q4 stats out? Seems like they should be.

wgadget
Source????

No way: his campaign abilities is being vastly overrated by the media.

He was in DEBTS with no money on hand at the end of Q3, while Ron Paul campaign never had any debts and always holds surplusses. Now in Q4 Ron Paul raised more money than Newt Gingrich. The only possibility of Newt having more cash than Ron Paul campaign is if he didn't spend anything in Q4 (which clearly isn't the case).

Although if you take into account the superPACs, he might have more money I guess.

Oh, yeah. Newt has that AIPAC billionaire behind him. Adelson is the name, I believe. He donated $5 million.

MsDoodahs
If Newt wins SC he is not going to drop out or have any problems with money.

He may not have problems raising money (which, evidently, is the thing that drives him). But he will have trouble winning. Newt can win in SC and in GA, not sure about anywhere else, though. Newt is the "home" candidate in SC because he's from neighboring GA. There are some who will not entertain the thought of voting for a northeasterner....

Cody1
I was considering PAC's too

01-19-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't think the American people care. Either they will write them in or vote Romney due to lazyness. There are no free votes when it comes to Ron Paul, sorry dude! I'm as optimistic as the next but we have to earn our keep around here.

At least Virginia doesn't allow write ins.

But "presumptive winner" is presumptuous.

I agree, but it's looking really bleak right now. Candidates are dropping like flies and Romney is running with it, GOP voters don't seem to be moving to Ron. :confused:

I'd love to see a drop out and third party run after SC with huge, ballsy, bold predictions that Romney can not beat Obama without Ron and immediately start a national campaign against Obama.

But the campaign and Ron have been smart and have done unbelievably well to this point. They will do what's best.

wgadget
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
At least Virginia doesn't allow write ins.

I agree, but it's looking really bleak right now. Candidates are dropping like flies and Romney is running with it, GOP voters don't seem to be moving to Ron. :confused:

I'd love to see a drop out and third party run after SC with huge, ballsy, bold predictions that Romney can not beat Obama without Ron and immediately start a national campaign against Obama.

But the campaign and Ron have been smart and have done unbelievably well to this point. They will do what's best.

How can Romney "run with it" when he did NOT win Iowa, and when he says he is planning to skip future debates? He has so many "conservatives" against him, too. I don't see how that would fly.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM

Newt Gingrich’s campaign didn’t file paperwork in time to get him on the ballot for the Virginia and Missouri primaries. Rick Santorum is not on the ballot in Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Barrex
01-19-2012, 09:37 AM
This is getting complicated.
Newt is getting some momentum and money is not problem for him. Maybe that "share me" story will finally knock him out.

Cody1
01-19-2012, 09:40 AM
How can Romney "run with it" when he did NOT win Iowa, and when he says he is planning to skip future debates? He has so many "conservatives" against him, too. I don't see how that would fly.

You're forgetting about the general electorate, you know, that family down the street whom you've never spoken too? They don't care about politics, they vote because they feel the need to. They will vote for Romney or whomever else. We can't forget about this fact! Thus far we have only been dealing with self proclaimed groups of people, not the quiet American electorate that will vote also. I have plenty of extended family members that could give two shits about politics but still vote because of their American duty. And yes, ive been hammering away at them. Once can only do so much before people get pissed off.