PDA

View Full Version : Romney's Salary and Ron Paul

zeloc
01-19-2012, 09:19 AM
It's all over the news today that Romney has millions in offshore account and an estimated fortune of $250 million. We need to emphasize that Ron Paul has publicly stated that he will take the median American salary of about $39,000. We need to publicize this fact, it is a breath of fresh air, and I haven't heard any presidential candidate say anything like this. It is also a sharp contrast to the wealth of Gingrich and Romney who are so far removed from the common person.

Cody1
01-19-2012, 09:26 AM
It's all over the news today that Romney has millions in offshore account and an estimated fortune of $250 million. We need to emphasize that Ron Paul has publicly stated that he will take the median American salary of about $39,000. We need to publicize this fact, it is a breath of fresh air, and I haven't heard any presidential candidate say anything like this. It is also a sharp contrast to the wealth of Gingrich and Romney who are so far removed from the common person.

You would think that this would ring true. I remember when the Paul camp released the Restore America Now Plan and the presidential salary part was in the news, the MSM played it as trivial. The people don't care.

deputydon
01-19-2012, 10:11 AM

I've always said that Ron Paul can't bring it up himself. If he does, it'll look like he's only taking that much for purely political reasons. Now if they allowed the audience to ask questions, and they stated it like, "Romney, congressman Paul has said that if he were president he would cut his salary to just under 40k a year. If you became president, would you be willing to cut your salary to that amount as well? If not, then why? And if so, can we hold you to that if you win the presidency?"

HigherVision
01-19-2012, 10:33 AM
No he should bring it up along with the fact that he's the only one that served in the military. People relate to things like that, it's not just about ideas it's also about demonstrating that you're a person of virtue. I think that Ron has been negligent on the latter because he's always about teaching people the liberty philosophy, but it's important.