PDA

View Full Version : CNN reporting that Perry suspended Campaign!!!!

Tyler_Durden
01-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Just now reported

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/19/breaking-perry-to-drop-out-thursday/

texasbelle
01-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Wow..I was just coming here to post this..

moonbat
Yeah, I just heard it on CSPAN too. :)

wgadget
LOL...His buddy Erick Erickson was hinting that his campaign was DOA.

Varin
Good for Mewt.

wgadget
Ah. I guess that might put RON last in SC? Imagine the headlines...

wgadget
01-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Erickson said Perry could be a Kingmaker. LOL Who will he endorse?

pauliticalfan
4 person debate!!!!!!

matt0611
Surprising, I wonder why he's dropping so close to SC. I guess he doesn't want to look bad coming in last?

Cinderella
I hope this helps Dr. Paul's numbers during the primary!! And it should be interesting how much time he'll get during tonight's debate?

orenbus
01-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Gong indeed...

http://superradnow.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/genz600span.jpg

RPES1
01-19-2012, 08:17 AM
I hope this helps Dr. Paul's numbers during the primary!! And it should be interesting how much time he'll get during tonight's debate?

Hows it gonna help his numbers? All 3 of perry supporters come over?

ShaneEnochs
Why the hell do people keep dropping out right before debates? I wonder what Mitt offered him to drop out and endorse him (I know, he hasn't yet). I bet it's probably something big considering Perry seems to have a great hatred for Mitt.

mport1
Haha, see ya buddy. More time for Ron next debate. Let's hope whatever Newt's ex said sinks Newts campaign today too. Mittens vs. Frothy vs. Ron.

UtahApocalypse
4 person debate!!!!!!

Yes!!!

Liberty74
01-19-2012, 08:18 AM
4 person debate!!!!!!

Perry got scared of the free for all debate tonight where CNN is going to let them go at it. He knows he's done while using this strategy to push Ron down to last place in SC to stop any potential momentum.

mport1
Surprising, I wonder why he's dropping so close to SC. I guess he doesn't want to look bad coming in last?

Yeah, his massive ego would have been hurt. He probably figured he would bail so he wouldn't get embarrassed for the 3rd time.

UK4Paul
And then there were...

http://healthandrunning.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/j0385754.jpg

MsDoodahs
01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
And then it was 4 but....just now on CNN Wolf didn't even mention Ron.

Saying it will help Newt and Santy.

LinuxJedi
I think Perry may face some issues in Texas if he does not endorse the other Texan running, personally.

Cinderella
Hows it gonna help his numbers? All 3 of perry supporters come over?
Hey that'll be 3 more votes for Dr. Paul then...seriously the newbie sarcasm is getting old..

orenbus
01-19-2012, 08:22 AM
WHEN YOU GO AND TALK TO THE PERRY SUPPORTERS MAKE SURE TO SHOW COMPASSION WHEN YOU LET THEM KNOW THERE IS ANOTHER CANDIDATE THAT REPRESENTS TEA PARTY VALUES AND NOW THE ONLY ONE IN THE RACE THAT IS A VETERAN.

Tyler_Durden
01-19-2012, 08:23 AM
4 Person Debate = More time for Everyone Else!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Except Paul

ShaneEnochs
I dunno, I think there is a lot of crossover support for Perry. Next to Paul, I find him the least dangerous of the bunch.

rp2012win
Perry only had about 5% in the polls so give gingrich probably 2.5% of that and the rest will spread out most likely.

ghengis86
01-19-2012, 08:24 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/19/breaking-perry-to-drop-out-thursday/

Brett85
01-19-2012, 08:25 AM
He's doing this because Red State and other conservative sites told him to do this.

Krugerrand
01-19-2012, 08:26 AM
I think Perry may face some issues in Texas if he does not endorse the other Texan running, personally.

As a non-Texan, I have a hard time believing Perry didn't already kill his political future. His campaign for president forced him to open his mouth too much.

UK4Paul
I dunno, I think there is a lot of crossover support for Perry. Next to Paul, I find him the least dangerous of the bunch.

Perry sounded quite constitutional, which was good.

On the other hand, he wanted to go back into Iran. (And he went to Bilderberg... not that that appeared to do him much good this time round :) )

No Free Beer
took long enough

RonPaulGangsta
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM
http://f.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13075/13388926.jpg

ShaneEnochs
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Perry sounded quite constitutional, which was good.

On the other hand, he wanted to go back into Iran. (And he went to Bilderberg... not that that appeared to do him much good this time round :) )

Iraq you mean.

Either way, I'd still vote for him over Gingrich, Romney, or Santorum.

SilentBull
01-19-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm sure we will get at least some of his supporters, no?

brooks009
01-19-2012, 08:28 AM
This may just give us Texas :D

and Texas is a big state to win.

Tyler_Durden
01-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Perry needs to Endorse the Guy who inspired him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qKQV-Y6Qq4&sns=em

Cinderella
01-19-2012, 08:31 AM
http://f.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13075/13388926.jpg

Lol awesome! +rep for you!

smithtg
of anyone who has underperformed this year its been Perry. He had all the tools, all the big Bush family donors, all the 'story' in TX with jobs, growth, states rights, but a liar like Newt and a bigger fake in Romney ended up doing better than him. He was a dufus in those debates though and that killed him. Im not a Perry fan, just making an observation.

Don't worry the media will continue to ignore Ron Paul (even though they insist they give him equal coverage).

A big bombshell would be if Perry would endorse Ron, but I imagine he will "get in line" and endorse Romney just like Johnny Huntsman did. Maybe romney can some of his illegal housekeepers to help Rick out or send them to one of Rick's sanctuary cities!

The PPP Texas poll was dismal. :(

MrGoose
01-19-2012, 08:33 AM
The PPP Texas poll was dismal. :(
You're dismal! :D

Dianne
01-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Fox saying Perry will endorse Newt.

dancjm
01-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Perry is endorsing Newt. What a fool.

RonPaul101.com
01-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Ah. I guess that might put RON last in SC? Imagine the headlines...

We HAVE to beat Santorum.

Tyler_Durden
01-19-2012, 08:35 AM

Idiot. Better than endorsing mitt IMO.

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2012, 08:36 AM

So Newt offered Perry the VP slot or Cabinet position to try and overshadow the scandal news today with Perry dropping out?

MrGoose
01-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Source on Newt?

MsDoodahs
01-19-2012, 08:37 AM
He's doing this because Red State and other conservative sites told him to do this.

You're assigning FAR too much power to that nimrod at redstate.

Dianne
01-19-2012, 08:38 AM
If you think about it, Perry would serve himself well to endorse Ron Paul; a fellow Texan. Perry's popularity is on a nose dive in his own state, so would be an excellent pr move for him.

RonPaul101.com
01-19-2012, 08:38 AM

There may be a big shift going on with the MSM and the establishment. It seems as if they may want to all get behind Newt. Today's headlines include: "Romney 15% Tax Angers Many", "Santorum Real Winner in Iowa", "Romney parks Millions Off Shore", "200 Page Document of all Things Mitt Released"...

I think it would be very good for us if Romney fades away and we face off with Newt one on one in the end. Newt is an easier target.

dancjm
01-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Source on Newt?

Just heard it on C-Span.

Johnnybags
They want to nip Romney in SC with Newt, heck Romney only won his home turf. Santorum will be gone in FLA. Conservatives will go to Newt, then Newt will implode like Cain with tales of being the first member of the woman haters club.

brushfire
Newt files
Santorum IA win
Perry dropout
SC Debates
SC Primary

Timing is very interesting. Looks like things are boiling down very quickly this past 24 hours. Just in time for the debates. This one's going to be critical. The whole thing is probably going to revolve around NDAA, SOPA, and Iran.

Bruno
01-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Yesterday still adamantly in the race. Politicians find lying too easy, why bother asking them questions?

RonPaul101.com
01-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Hey Ricky... GONG!!!!

It's like he was here today, Gong tomorrow...

Dsylexic
01-19-2012, 08:42 AM
why the heck couldnt these losers shut shop right after NH

giovannile07
01-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Just got it from Politico Breaking News!

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry will end his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday and endorse Newt Gingrich, POLITICO has confirmed. An announcement is scheduled for 11 a.m. in South Carolina."

Can't believe he's endorsing Newt Gingrich, I hope all the negative reputation on Perry goes to Gingrich...

MsDoodahs
So Newt offered Perry the VP slot or Cabinet position to try and overshadow the scandal news today with Perry dropping out?

I think that could be the case, for sure.

Tyler_Durden
Newt files
Santorum IA win
Perry dropout
SC Debates
SC Primary

Timing is very interesting. Looks like things are boiling down very quickly this past 24 hours. Just in time for the debates. This one's going to be critical. The whole thing is probably going to revolve around NDAA, SOPA, and Iran.

And no Dr. Paul scandal. He quietly creeps up in the Primary (praying)

Bruno
01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Hey Ricky... GONG!!!!

It's like he was here today, Gong tomorrow...

Need a pic for that caption. :)

A. Havnes
01-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Just got it from Politico Breaking News!

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry will end his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday and endorse Newt Gingrich, POLITICO has confirmed. An announcement is scheduled for 11 a.m. in South Carolina."

Can't believe he's endorsing Newt Gingrich, I hope all the negative reputation on Perry goes to Gingrich...

If the interview is the bombshell it promises to be, then even a Perry endorsement shouldn't carry Gingrich too far. Perry doesn't have too many supporters (he polls quite low), and the ones he does have aren't so die-hard as to flock to Gingrich if they think his baggage will kill his electibility.

I think we need to worry more about Santorum than Gingrich right now. If Gingrich leaves, the media will pumpp Santorum like no tomorrow!

RDM
4 Person Debate = More time for Everyone Else!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Except Paul

Hey...this might be the debate where we might actually see Ron in the Parking Garage.

MsDoodahs
Interesting....MSDNC talking about how Santy will react to Perry taking all the wind out of his "hey I really did win IA" sails.

Calling it a very bad day for Ricky.

EBounding
01-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Perry's the only one I could see endorsing Paul. The scenario is still really unlikely. I'll eat my hat if he endorses before the SC Primary.

It's obvious that Perry never really wanted to run for President. He just did it because people told him to so he could be the anti-Romney. He thought it would be a cakewalk.

MrGoose
01-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Perry's the only one I could see endorsing Paul. The scenario is still really unlikely. I'll eat my hat if he endorses before the SC Primary.

It's obvious that Perry never really wanted to run for President. He just did it because people told him to so he could be the anti-Romney. He thought it would be a cakewalk.I will remember this quote until later in the day. ;)

Sublyminal
01-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Another one down, another one gone, another one bites the dust... And then there was four.

ShaneEnochs
01-19-2012, 08:50 AM

It's obvious that Perry never really wanted to run for President. He just did it because people told him to so he could be the anti-Romney. He thought it would be a cakewalk.

Perry endorsed Gingrich.

Please take video of said hat eating.

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2012, 08:51 AM

What kinda sauce you putting on the hat? can you tube it? Perry is endorsing Newt to help try and cover up the scandal news from getting much media.

wgadget
01-19-2012, 08:51 AM
LOL...GINGRICH? Wow.

Anyway, I bet tonight's debate will end a FULL HALF-HOUR early.

Now, I'm off to lurk at RedState, and see which way the Perry circle-jerkers are running.

Edit: Aw, hell...join me if you want.

http://www.redstate.com/aarongardner/2012/01/19/ for-the-despondent-perry-supporters/

EBounding
01-19-2012, 08:53 AM
What kinda sauce you putting on the hat? can you tube it? Perry is endorsing Newt to help try and cover up the scandal news from getting much media.

Well I meant endorse Paul. Crap.

*boils hat*

slamhead
01-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Well I think accusing Turkey of being a terrorist state pretty much sealed his fate. I stuck up for Perry once saying that I don't believe he is not a smart man but after hearing him accuse a friend of the United States of being a terrorist I take it all back.

Dsylexic
01-19-2012, 08:55 AM
now Paul can definitely call the rest of them CHICKENHAWKS. just use that term for all Iran questions.

giovannile07
01-19-2012, 08:55 AM
If the interview is the bombshell it promises to be, then even a Perry endorsement shouldn't carry Gingrich too far. Perry doesn't have too many supporters (he polls quite low), and the ones he does have aren't so die-hard as to flock to Gingrich if they think his baggage will kill his electibility.

I think we need to worry more about Santorum than Gingrich right now. If Gingrich leaves, the media will pumpp Santorum like no tomorrow!
Yeah, I'm hoping the interview annihilates him. Also, yeah I realize Perry's numbers are low, so that's why I'm kind of hoping that this negative reputation makes Gingrich go low too haha. Yeah, I don't really see Perry voters moving to Gingrich.

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2012, 08:57 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping the interview annihilates him. Also, yeah I realize Perry's numbers are low, so that's why I'm kind of hoping that this negative reputation makes Gingrich go low too haha. Yeah, I don't really see Perry voters moving to Gingrich.

On CNN Roland Martin just said that they would have been focusing the whole day on the Newt Scandal, but Perry dropping out has changed the narrative. Basically admitted that this was a well played move by Newt and wondered what he had offered Perry.

mwkaufman
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
@ppppolls:

Perry was running behind Colbert in our SC polling last night

Because of the changing situation in South Carolina we're just going to go ahead and release our results from last night this AM

giovannile07
01-19-2012, 09:15 AM
On CNN Roland Martin just said that they would have been focusing the whole day on the Newt Scandal, but Perry dropping out has changed the narrative. Basically admitted that this was a well played move by Newt and wondered what he had offered Perry.
Wow bull, big whoop he dropped out and endorsed Gingrich, that's all we need to know, get on with the story... >_<

LinuxJedi
01-19-2012, 09:32 AM

Texans can be fiercely loyal to fellow Texans if you tap into it...

Dianne
01-19-2012, 09:57 AM
There may be a big shift going on with the MSM and the establishment. It seems as if they may want to all get behind Newt. Today's headlines include: "Romney 15% Tax Angers Many", "Santorum Real Winner in Iowa", "Romney parks Millions Off Shore", "200 Page Document of all Things Mitt Released"...

I think it would be very good for us if Romney fades away and we face off with Newt one on one in the end. Newt is an easier target.

Oh gosh, yesterday they were ripping into Romney all day with the "out of touch" , can't relate to working people, super rich in his 10 million dollar home... CNN was on him all day. They are going for Newt, so Obama will have an easy second term.

Dianne
01-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Wolf said a little while ago, there is no way Perry will endorse Paul. Even though they are from the same State; they don't really know each other and don't really like each other.

AdamT
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Wolf said a little while ago, there is no way Perry will endorse Paul. Even though they are from the same State; they don't really know each other and don't really like each other.

Flashback!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/goodnight.jpg

Back In Black
01-19-2012, 10:22 AM
At the end of the day, Romney wins.

acptulsa
01-19-2012, 10:47 AM

It would seem that someone wants all of the Faux Fools to settle on one idiot and concentrate their votes on him (or her--ha ha).

Texans can be fiercely loyal to fellow Texans if you tap into it...

We did not manage to do that last time, though we were trying to think of ways to. As with so many things, we have to overcome the brainwashing before things like this rise to prime importance.

And, of course, they have to know the man's in the race...