PDA

View Full Version : Santorum Wins Iowa by 34 Votes

Mark37snj
01-19-2012, 06:05 AM
Just 2 days before the South Carolina primary, we've now learned that there's a new top vote-winner in the Iowa Caucuses from January 3rd.

The Des Moines Register is reporting this morning that Rick Santorum won with a 34-vote advantage over Mitt Romney.

The original count indicated that Romney beat Santorum by 8 votes.

Yet, GOP officials admit there were inaccuracies in 131 precincts and results where missing from 8 precincts and are declaring the vote 'unresolved.'

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/gop-candidate-rick-santorum-wins-iowa-two-weeks-af/nGTb6/

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2012, 06:09 AM
HUGE news. Iowa and the MSM have lost ALL credibility now.

ronpaulfollower999
01-19-2012, 06:12 AM
lawl...MSM- You guys suck.

opinionatedfool
01-19-2012, 06:13 AM
I want to know Ron Paul's new numbers.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-19-2012, 06:16 AM
So it's official. Cant wait to hear what spin they will put on this.

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2012, 06:18 AM

TOTALS
Rick Santorum: 29,839
Mitt Romney: 29,805
Ron Paul: 26,036
Newt Gingrich: 16,163
Rick Perry: 12,557
Michele Bachmann: 6,046
Jon Huntsman: 739
Others: No preference, 147; Herman Cain, 45; Sarah Palin, 23; Buddy Roemer, 17; Fred Karger, 10; Gary Johnson, 8; Donald Trump, 5; Paul Ryan, 3; Condoleeza Rice, 2; Roy Moore, 2; Ben Lange, 2; Mike Huckabee, 2; Rudy Giuliani, 2; Tim Pawlenty, 2; Scott Walker, 1; John McCain, 1; Ralph Nader, 1; Pat Buchanan, 1; Robert D. Ray, 1; Jared Blankenship, 1.

jsgolfman
01-19-2012, 06:19 AM
If the vote is unresolved, how do you declare a winner?

Kords21
01-19-2012, 06:23 AM
I'll tell you how it's going to be spun. 1)santorum surge part 2 2)Newt's ex-wife torpedoes his campaign
On Friday, the media paints Santorum as the clear-cut anti-Romney since Newt will be unviable (depending on the interview) Paul and Perry will be relegated to fringe status with several pundits across the media suggesting they drop out since in their eyes it'll be a santorum/Romney race.

brandon
01-19-2012, 06:25 AM
Inconsequential. This is exactly why Iowa has a caucus system, because popular elections are nothing but a clusterfuck.

openfire
01-19-2012, 06:27 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif

Student Of Paulism
01-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Is it any shock? We already knew about the missing truck, the lights going out, some citizen saying only 2 people voted for Mitt in his caucus, yet 22 got reported (i guess the party will say someone hit an extra '2' :rolleyes:

Ron won this state, people, plain and simple. Combine the above with the media blitz on Frothy, along with the GOP's fear and loathing of Paul winning the state and blatantly admitting they would 'resort to something' in tons of interviews. Ron Paul won IA and for lack of a better term, he basically got fucked over by our lovely and honest government. People said he had an unreal ground game there, even other candidates admitted it. There is just no way he lost that state, and if he had won it, his support would have been a lot better right now. They didnt want that snowball of his to get any bigger.

Our elections, sadly, are no different that what communist countries have going on.

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Just worked out the new numbers. Everyone went down in total votes. Romney went down the most:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/Ron%20Paul%20-%202012/IowaNewData.png

J_White
01-19-2012, 06:38 AM
lol !
its time for Iowa GOP to say "oops".
does not change much in term of delegates, but it destroys the media and establishment meme that Romney won Iowa AND NH, which is seen as a very rare thing.
thankfully there is more time before MSM declares Romney as the inevitable savior of the GOP against Obama.
get to work !!

phill4paul
01-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Is it any shock? We already knew about the missing truck, the lights going out, some citizen saying only 2 people voted for Mitt in his caucus, yet 22 got reported (i guess the party will say someone hit an extra '2' :rolleyes:

Ron won this state, people, plain and simple. Combine the above with the media blitz on Frothy, along with the GOP's fear and loathing of Paul winning the state and blatantly admitting they would 'resort to something' in tons of interviews. Ron Paul won IA and for lack of a better term, he basically got fucked over by our lovely and honest government. People said he had an unreal ground game there, even other candidates admitted it. There is just no way he lost that state, and if he had won it, his support would have been a lot better right now. They didnt want that snowball of his to get any bigger.

Our elections, sadly, are no different that what communist countries have going on.

With 1700+ districts it would only have taken an error of 2 in each to suppress Paul's numbers.

Paul or not at all
01-19-2012, 06:41 AM
This is good for Mitt Romney, this also means we will get 4th in SC unless they are under-polling us like in NH....

Liberty74
01-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Honest mistake or was the fix in for the establishment pick, Romney?

We know the media was in for Santorum to make sure Paul got knocked out of the top spot which he was in.

pinkmandy
01-19-2012, 06:42 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif

Lol. Me, too.

This will at least alter the perception of Romney's momentum and the assumption he will be the nominee. Santorum might do really well in SC but he's not even on the VA ballot and his extreme religious views won't favor him in many states. Now, if Santorum were on the VA ballot he'd definitely do better than Romney (imo) and if the perception is out there that Romney can be defeated I think Paul will pick up even more anti-Romney votes in VA. I just don't see Santorum garnering broad support. This is good for us I think.

Rick Santorum is not on the ballot in Virginia, Ilinois and Washington D.C.. He did not qualify for all of the delegates in Ohio and Tennessee
http://www.thestate.com/2012/01/10/2108414/romney-and-paul-national-candidates.html

Liberty74
01-19-2012, 06:43 AM
This is good for Mitt Romney, this also means we will get 4th in SC unless they are under-polling us like in NH....

They did not under poll us in NH. Polling was pretty accurate. The Huntsman surge attempt by the media fizzled.

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2012, 06:46 AM

We know the media was in for Santorum to make sure Paul got knocked out of the top spot which he was in.

I hope a real investigation is done. Seems that a Paul supporter was the first to bring this to light when his precinct showed Romney as 22 when there had only been 2. I want to know when the other 20 votes were added; was it when they phoned it in? was it by who entered the numbers? was it sometime later? who? what? when? where? and why?

The most important part of this story has not even come out yet........ I honestly feel that the GOP may be forced to force IGOP to no longer be first after this. This could become a HUGE impact as 2016 comes into play.

pinkmandy
01-19-2012, 06:47 AM
The cynic in me says they know Newt is about to plummet in the polls and this is a way to surge frothy to take second over Paul.

Student Of Paulism
01-19-2012, 06:48 AM

No doubt about it. That media of humping of Santorum took votes away from Paul, and it was proven the demographics of the 2nd to last polls by PPP and a couple others when compared to their final polls, where Ron lost a good 7-8% of his 18-29 range and 30-49 range. Most of them went to Santorum, and some of Bachmann's support went to him too. All the newsletter crap and other lame smears were also going around at the time as well. If none of this happened, Ron finishes ahead of Mitt easily, and Santorum never would have had more than 15-17% of the vote.

Bern
01-19-2012, 06:49 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4hhG5klgfUs/TnyRkY-TcBI/AAAAAAAAAWM/0JCoJKyZ4UM/s1600/inconceivable-1.jpg

SilentBull
01-19-2012, 06:50 AM
This will make Santorum get third in SC, and the media knows it.

Student Of Paulism
01-19-2012, 06:50 AM
I hope a real investigation is done. Seems that a Paul supporter was the first to bring this to light when his precinct showed Romney as 22 when there had only been 2. I want to know when the other 20 votes were added; was it when they phoned it in? was it by who entered the numbers? was it sometime later? who? what? when? where? and why?

The most important part of this story has not even come out yet........ I honestly feel that the GOP may be forced to force IGOP to no longer be first after this. This could become a HUGE impact as 2016 comes into play.

Here is all you need to know, Bev Harris explained IA and also talks about the upcoming SC primary. She explained what happened with the '22' vote debacle. Still, it should have NEVER happened and still leaves qns to be answered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LcpfmgPs8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvxh8mzt_8

MMXII
01-19-2012, 06:52 AM
TOTALS
Rick Santorum: 29,839
Mitt Romney: 29,805
Ron Paul: 26,036
Newt Gingrich: 16,163
Rick Perry: 12,557
Michele Bachmann: 6,046
Jon Huntsman: 739
Others: No preference, 147; Herman Cain, 45; Sarah Palin, 23; Buddy Roemer, 17; Fred Karger, 10; Gary Johnson, 8; Donald Trump, 5; Paul Ryan, 3; Condoleeza Rice, 2; Roy Moore, 2; Ben Lange, 2; Mike Huckabee, 2; Rudy Giuliani, 2; Tim Pawlenty, 2; Scott Walker, 1; John McCain, 1; Ralph Nader, 1; Pat Buchanan, 1; Robert D. Ray, 1; Jared Blankenship, 1.

There really is NOT much difference here between the top 3 vote getters.
The Message is working, even though the msm ran "the newsletters" hack job non stop.

WINNING.

Kords21
01-19-2012, 06:53 AM
This will make Santorum get third in SC, and the media knows it.

I wouldn't be surprised if got second. Depending on Newt's bombshell he might even have a shot at first

Dary
01-19-2012, 06:56 AM
What will really be funny is Iowa announcing at the convention a win for Paul. Their gonna hafta 'splain themselves all over again.

goldpants
01-19-2012, 06:57 AM
They did not under poll us in NH. Polling was pretty accurate. The Huntsman surge attempt by the media fizzled.

I disagree, Huntsman's numbers were inflated to persuade voters to make their desires a reality. Same as Santorum in Iowa, only they succeeded far better there.

goldpants
01-19-2012, 06:58 AM
The cynic in me says they know Newt is about to plummet in the polls and this is a way to surge frothy to take second over Paul.

Seems sadly logical

Student Of Paulism
01-19-2012, 07:08 AM
I disagree, Huntsman's numbers were inflated to persuade voters to make their desires a reality. Same as Santorum in Iowa, only they succeeded far better there.

Yea, the thing is, Romney had a sure fire win in NH. No one was going to beat him based on all the polls. The GOP and MSM are only going to pull stunts when they know Ron has a chance of winning the state, otherwise, they will just ignore/marginalize him and give him whatever his percentage is. They wont bother taking risks if there is no need to based on what polls show and what public opinion is. But at anytime he is in a close second place, in ANY state, you can bet they are going to pull something, whether it be fraud, other candidate leg humping crap, smear tactics, etc.

MSM could have gotten Huntsman much higher if there had been more time in NH. Hell, they got him to 17% from like 11 in just a week or so :rolleyes:

angelatc
01-19-2012, 07:11 AM
They interviewed the guy who reported the inaccuracy to the officials last night, and he's a Ron Paul supporter who was there specifically to watch the vote.

wgadget
01-19-2012, 07:17 AM
The media DID screw Ron in NH with their YouTube "ad" lies.

unknown
01-19-2012, 07:33 AM

He won.

ShaneEnochs
01-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Just worked out the new numbers. Everyone went down in total votes. Romney went down the most:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/Ron%20Paul%20-%202012/IowaNewData.png

So Ron got 22.6% instead of... what?

The_Ruffneck
01-19-2012, 08:01 AM
what if this was just to propell Santorum that extra 3-4% that he will need to go to 3rd in front of RP in SC??
I don't put anything past these creeps.

Mark37snj
01-19-2012, 08:02 AM
They just said on Faux that 8 precincts votes just disapeared and may never be found. What an absolute disgrace!

Student Of Paulism
01-19-2012, 08:06 AM
They just said on Faux that 8 precincts votes just disapeared and may never be found. What an absolute disgrace!

What do you mean by that? 8 TOTAL PRECINCTS? Or just 8 people's votes? If it's the former, that's uhhh...pretty f'ing terrible i'd have to say.

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2012, 08:06 AM
The next question (which won't be answered this year): Will Iowa still be "first in the Nation" in 2016 or will the GOP be foreced to have them change it?

Freedom Patriot
01-19-2012, 08:09 AM

So how many votes disappeared? approximately? 800 votes?

Bruno
01-19-2012, 08:11 AM
What do you mean by that? 8 TOTAL PRECINCTS? Or just 8 people's votes? If it's the former, that's uhhh...pretty f'ing terrible i'd have to say.

8 total precincts ans the votes from those precincts. The current vote totals show Santorum won, but because those other votes are missing, the real totals will never be known.

cajuncocoa
01-19-2012, 08:15 AM
I'll tell you how it's going to be spun. 1)santorum surge part 2 2)Newt's ex-wife torpedoes his campaign
On Friday, the media paints Santorum as the clear-cut anti-Romney since Newt will be unviable (depending on the interview) Paul and Perry will be relegated to fringe status with several pundits across the media suggesting they drop out since in their eyes it'll be a santorum/Romney race.yup

pinkmandy
01-19-2012, 08:15 AM
8 total precincts ans the votes from those precincts. The current vote totals show Santorum won, but because those other votes are missing, the real totals will never be known.

wth?

Does anyone know which precincts? And who was in charge of each one?

blazeKing
01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Well the corporate whore media says Romney had a historic sweep...anyone really think they will retract that?

wgadget
01-19-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm guessing Herman Cain will be endorsing Santy, then. They BOTH have press conferences scheduled today...joint, perhaps?

cajuncocoa
01-19-2012, 08:21 AM
At what point can we say for certain that the GOP ptb won't find 34,000 yet-unreported NH primary votes for frothy in the back of someone's car?

pinkmandy
01-19-2012, 08:43 AM
After listening to speakers plug the various candidates, registered Republicans attending the various caucuses are handed blank sheets of paper. Voters write the name of their preferred candidate on the paper, which is then collected. Every vote is hand-counted by the caucus chair and secretary in front of the caucus. The results are recorded on an official form (Form e) provided by the Republican Party of Iowa and are announced to the caucus.

A "caucus reporter" is chosen to report the results to the Republican Party of Iowa. And within fourteen days of the caucus, certified results are released, breaking down results for all caucus votes that were cast by precinct.

The Des Moines Register reports that Form Es are missing -- and may never have existed -- for eight precincts. And the paper says more than 100 of the Form Es didnít comply with the partyís instructions. In some cases, the forms were not signed by the caucus chair and secretary; and in other cases, the vote counts were not recorded on official forms.

The vote certification also was complicated by party officials having to hunt down the vote totals from dozens of missing precincts.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/final-count-iowa-santorum-34-votes-over-romney-8-precincts-will-never-be-counted

I haven't found which 8 precincts yet. I'm also curious about the forms that didn't comply- did they just toss those votes? I think they should be disclosing which precincts they are and who the caucus chairs were because they had a fairly simple yet important task to accomplish. I don't want to make accusations but it's difficult not to question such things when actual data and information isn't easily found.

Iowa SoS website w/voting info:
http://sos.iowa.gov/

I don't see anything there yet.

Verad
01-19-2012, 09:01 AM
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/final-count-iowa-santorum-34-votes-over-romney-8-precincts-will-never-be-counted

I haven't found which 8 precincts yet. I'm also curious about the forms that didn't comply- did they just toss those votes? I think they should be disclosing which precincts they are and who the caucus chairs were because they had a fairly simple yet important task to accomplish. I don't want to make accusations but it's difficult not to question such things when actual data and information isn't easily found.

Iowa SoS website w/voting info:
http://sos.iowa.gov/

I don't see anything there yet.

From http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2012/01/19/register-exclusive-2012-gop-caucus-count-unresolved/

THE EIGHT MISSING PRECINCTS
* Cerro Gordo County’s Mason City Ward 2, Precinct 3
* Emmet County’s Estherville Ward 2
* Franklin County’s Geneva-Reeve
* Lee County’s Fort Madison 4A
* Lee County’s Fort Madison 4B
* Lee County’s Franklin-Cedar-Marion
* Lee County’s Washington-Green Bay-Denmark
* Pocahontas County’s Center-South Roosevelt-North Lincoln

kylejack
01-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Mittens loses his honor of being the only non-incumbent to ever win both Iowa and New Hampshire.

rprprs
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
yup

nope. Perry is now WAY beyond fringe...lol.

EndTheFed
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
How had RP done in those areas or surrounding areas?

RockEnds
01-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I wonder how long it will take for Strawn to be ousted.

Shane Harris
01-19-2012, 09:22 AM
my god who cares. its less than a percent lead. for delegate purposes it doesnt matter

Cinderella
01-19-2012, 09:24 AM
It's all about the delegates :)

wgadget
01-19-2012, 09:26 AM
No, it's all about MOMENTUM and MEDIA PUSH. Mitt already got it.

But the real story in a perfect world ought to be the INEPTNESS and CORRUPTION of the media and the IA GOP.

RockEnds
01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
No, it's all about MOMENTUM and MEDIA PUSH. Mitt already got it.

But the real story in a perfect world ought to be the INEPTNESS and CORRUPTION of the media and the IA GOP.

Exactly.

RockEnds
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
The worst possible outcome is that Iowa is discredited, loses the caucus, and instead of simply changing the order of states, the parties switch to a national election. There's been a push for all states to vote simultaneously, and that would completely eliminate candidates who do not enter the race with powerful, corporate backers. I hope if Iowa loses the first in the nation status, another small state is given the spot. I think it's very important that candidates are vetted by the voters in little coffee shops as opposed to large, meaningless debates broadcast by media giants.

kpitcher
01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
131 precincts? Now there is a list of names that should never be allowed to serve in politics again. It's too easy to just wonder if they didn't like the outcome so messed up on purpose.

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
This issue has been here on this forum for over a week. Over two weeks of "money, momentum and media" for Mitt Romney, effecting voting in New Hampshire, North Carolina and Florida (many people in Florida have already mailed in their ballots):

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?349575-Did-Mitt-Romney-really-win-both-Iowa-and-New-Hampshire/

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-19-2012, 11:24 AM

;)