PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Gingrich steals Dr. Pauls message of returning to the Gold Standard

Constitutional Paulicy
01-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Good god how can this man live with himself. He's starting to sound like a parrot at a Ron Paul rally....

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1400682003001/the-benefits-of-a-return-to-the-gold-standard/?playlist_id=87011

Constitutional Paulicy
01-19-2012, 12:35 AM
I posted video a few days ago on Ron Paul's principals of returning to a gold standard. Here is the video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwo13S0VK-Y&feature=channel_video_title

Jean
01-19-2012, 01:00 AM
He did not steal it he just barrowed it for one night, long forgotten now

Constitutional Paulicy
01-19-2012, 04:32 AM
He did not steal it he just barrowed it for one night, long forgotten now

I hear ya. Bait and switch. He will use it to try and get elected and then conform to the staus-quo. Too bad for him he wont get elected. Slimy SOB.

Raudsarw
01-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Ron Paul does not own the idea of a gold standard. You can't own an idea. It's good that the position has become mainstream once again, take this as a victory.

BigByrd47119
01-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Pop quiz! Does anyone know if there is a form of currency anywhere in the world that is gold or silver backed? I honestly don't know and can't seem to google it for some reason...

Constitutional Paulicy
01-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Ron Paul does not own the idea of a gold standard. You can't own an idea. It's good that the position has become mainstream once again, take this as a victory.

Da. I'm not saying he owns the Idea. I said his "message" I'm sure your not that slow. He is switching positions because Dr, Paul has garnered support for his monetary policy which he has been preaching for decades. Gingrich has never mentioned this until now. In other words he is trying to steal RP's thunder. He has no intention of making this his true passion in the White House. He just wants to get elected by saying whatever people will approve of. It's mainstream once again due to the efforts of Dr. Paul, but do you really believe Gingrich would follow through on his rhetoric?

Constitutional Paulicy
01-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Pop quiz! Does anyone know if there is a form of currency anywhere in the world that is gold or silver backed? I honestly don't know and can't seem to google it for some reason...

I saw a documentary not long ago about gold as a currency. I think there is an island off of the UK that uses gold as its currency. If I remember the name I will post it.

Bern
01-19-2012, 06:59 AM

No. That's what Bretton Woods and Bretton Woods II was all about.

Ron's recent post-debate comment that "We're all Austrians now." was a rebuttal to "We're all Keynesians now". (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_are_all_Keynesians_now)