PDA

View Full Version : General Stephen Colbert: Rally With Herman Cain In South Carolina On Friday

Lishy
01-19-2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/stephen-colbert-to-hold-rally-with-herman-cain-in

From Colbert's "campaign"

FOR IMMEDIATE catch & RELEASE

STEPHEN COLBERT ASKS SOUTH CAROLINA TO

“ROCK ME LIKE A HERMAN CAIN!”

Attention world, particularly the South Carolina part:

NEW YORK CAROLINA -- For a week now, Stephen Colbert has been calling on South Carolinians who share his values to vote for Herman Cain during this Saturday’s historic GOP primary. Actually, he hasn’t called on all South Carolinians yet; he’s only up to “Brabham” in the Charleston phonebook.

Jr. Exploratory Committee Chairman Stephen T. Colbert said of Cain: “Herman is the only former candidate who truly shares my values. It’s like our values were separated at birth. And our ethics are at least first cousins.”

In support of their non-candidacies, this Friday, January 20th at 1:00 P.M. at the Cistern in front of historic Randolph Hall at the College of Charleston, Colbert and Cain will co-hold “THE ROCK ME LIKE A HERMAN CAIN: SOUTH CAIN-OLINA PRIMARY RALLY." The area will open to guests starting at noon.

Together, these two unique voices will declare that they are the same man. Indeed, if you close your eyes and don’t listen, they are hard to tell apart.

“As with all my appearances on college campuses, I expect to receive an honorary degree,” said the Peabody Award-winning Grammy winner. “This time, I’m hoping for a Masters of Bachelors.”

Colbert said he wants “all undecided voters to vote for Cain,” adding, “9-9-9.”

Please direct all questions to Yahoo Answers. They always know everything.

http://answers.yahoo.com/

Heard on the show, then I google.

I wonder what's going on. I really respect Colbert, but is he serious about Cain himself?

Bruno
01-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Maybe this is Cain's unconventional endorsement?

ShaneEnochs
01-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Maybe this is Cain's unconventional endorsement?

Seems like it. He's going to endorse himself, thus endorsing Colbert.

wgadget
01-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Cain is supposed to be on WSB Radio later this morning around 8am to endorse someone and then there is supposed to be some special announcement about Cain himself. Prolly a new show or something...Fox gig? Wonder if he will endorse Newt? LOL

helmuth_hubener
01-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Mr. Herman Cain, C.E.O. is the most epic troll of all time.

dan5430
01-19-2012, 12:28 AM
I used to think I liked Colbert....now I don't know what to think

Dreamer
01-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Relax. This is satire. If you're worried that he is taking away votes from Ron Paul (same central fanbase), anyone who is voting for Colbert via Cain isn't a serious or protesting. In other words, they wouldn't be voting for Ron Paul in the first place as they their only motivation is for the lulz.

Lishy
01-19-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm just curious why Cain of all people, since he's a fed insider, and he's flip-flopping on Iran.

However, I've like to hear Cain's opinion on the NDAA and SOPA. Anyone know?

BamaAla
01-19-2012, 12:46 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/stephen-colbert-to-hold-rally-with-herman-cain-in

Heard on the show, then I google.

I wonder what's going on. I really respect Colbert, but is he serious about Cain himself?

Nah, I wouldn't think so.

Does anyone recall seeing Colbert out of character at any time? The only one I know of is the "it get's better" thing, but other than that, I'm blanked.

Lishy
01-19-2012, 12:51 AM
I dunno what to expect from Colbert at this point. I've always called him "Chaotic Neutral" so *shrug* xD

toast
01-19-2012, 01:15 AM
I wonder what the people who supported Herman Cain way back when are feeling like right now.

PaleoPaul
01-19-2012, 02:12 AM
I wonder if Cain will quote the great poet Pokemon again.

helmuth_hubener
01-19-2012, 02:17 AM
I wonder if Cain will quote the great poet Pokemon again. I feel completely certain that he will.

One of these days, maybe the nation will get the joke. Until then, he's going to keep pushing the envelope. :D:D:D

dbill27
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM
If there's a rally with thousands of young people being told to vote for cain as a joke vote, it seems like it would be a great time and place for paul grassroots to go and convince these kids to vote for the only anti-war candidate. Convince them the paul vote is a much better protest vote.