PDA

View Full Version : Opposition to Ron Paul Presidency

PaulStandsTall
01-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Today I spoke with my sister about a roommate of hers that she is trying to convert to Dr. Paul. When she asked him what he didn't like about RP he mentioned two specifics.

1) Foreign Policy
2) "Too much radical change"

The foreign policy was a perceived weakness due to a number of things. Firstly RP's imperfect oral delivery of the constitutional platform (in 30sec clips during debates) and also the campaign's lack of a serious ad to tackle the misconceptions. This, as we all know, must be addressed as it is quickly become a general consensus and therefore a reason to not vote for RP!

"Too much radical change"
He said that with Obama his world didn't change much, and he liked that. He sees RP and can tell that he is calling for an overhaul of the federal government and correctly predicts that with those changes he will be effected. The only thing is he thinks the effect will be negative.

Most people don't understand economics and how Obamacare, bailouts, (enter other wasteful govt spending here) affects businesses and in turn, businesses affect their own lives.

I gave her some talking points to point out to him. It's unfortunate that there are people out there have such a shallow thinking process; he can't see past his own nose!

nayjevin
01-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Actually, there is a Foreign Policy ad from the campaign, it's one of the very first ones they made.

I'd say her friend needs to do some personal research before coming to conclusions.

BamaAla
01-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Actually, there is a Foreign Policy ad from the campaign, it's one of the very first ones they made.

I'd say her friend needs to do some personal research before coming to conclusions.

Therein lies the problem.

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell

ryanmkeisling
01-19-2012, 01:03 AM
I have know comment on foreign policy, Ron Paul is who he is and I love him for it.

Radical change is what is going to happen if this guy doesn't vote for him.

Dsylexic
01-19-2012, 01:56 AM
LOL. dont want radical change? well,sounds like the turkey who thinks its human masters are so kind and nice.feeding him and fattening him daily for many months... until it is thanksgiving day and then ...
you'll get the radical change you dont want,you take it consciously or you can have it forced on you.

tttppp
01-19-2012, 02:13 AM
Today I spoke with my sister about a roommate of hers that she is trying to convert to Dr. Paul. When she asked him what he didn't like about RP he mentioned two specifics.

1) Foreign Policy
2) "Too much radical change"

The foreign policy was a perceived weakness due to a number of things. Firstly RP's imperfect oral delivery of the constitutional platform (in 30sec clips during debates) and also the campaign's lack of a serious ad to tackle the misconceptions. This, as we all know, must be addressed as it is quickly become a general consensus and therefore a reason to not vote for RP!

"Too much radical change"
He said that with Obama his world didn't change much, and he liked that. He sees RP and can tell that he is calling for an overhaul of the federal government and correctly predicts that with those changes he will be effected. The only thing is he thinks the effect will be negative.

Most people don't understand economics and how Obamacare, bailouts, (enter other wasteful govt spending here) affects businesses and in turn, businesses affect their own lives.

I gave her some talking points to point out to him. It's unfortunate that there are people out there have such a shallow thinking process; he can't see past his own nose!

Just curious, could he actually tell you what Ron Paul's foreign policy was? The reason I ask is because the media constantly says Ron Paul can't be president because of his foreign policy, but they almost never state what his foreign policy is. I believe the majority of people who are against Paul, do so because of his foreign policy and yet have no clue what his foreign policy is. Another factor is his electability. The media constantly says he's unelectable but never gives a reason for it. This is another major reason people don't support Paul.

Unfortunately most weak minded people are afraid of change. The same goes with people in a company who are all the sudden being held accountable for their results. People don't want to hear that they have to compete. They want stuff for free.

PaulStandsTall
01-20-2012, 10:18 AM
The foreign policy thing is a perception thing. When 4 other candidates are about as hawkish as one can be, the one old man that proposes a golden rule and peaceful solutions just looks fringe.

The guy literally said, "He just doesn't seem like he could handle it."

This could be attributed to his sometimes stumbling delivery (because he speaks from the heart not rehearsed beforehand paragraphs) or his age maybe? Idk. Anyways, she gave him the Superbrochure pdf and he was cured minutes later. But the point here is his perception is somewhat widespread as evidenced by seeing some other thread with others with the same type of experience.

It wouldn't hurt to run the foreign policy ads more than the others as it seems to be the issue where our support is missing.