PDA

View Full Version : This nation is INSANE! Sober Diabetic Man Tasered, Accused of DUI!

Menthol Patch
11-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Here is an article about how an an innocent man who had a diabetic attack was found pulled over on the side of the road. The police proceeded to taser him multiple times and then arrested him. In addition, they claimed he was drinking and driving but he did not have any alcohol in his system.

Alabama: Sober Diabetic Man Tasered, Accused of DUI

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/20/2062.asp

I've read tons of stories like this one lately. Innocent people being harassed, arrested, threatened, tasered, or attacked by law enforcement. To be blunt, it's disgusting! And you know what? Even when the TRUTH is revealed the THUGS involved get a slap on the wrist from their superiors!

This is why we need to elect Ron Paul as president.

Or will you and your wife one day be arrested and tasered for speeding to the hospital while she is giving birth? Will the cops taser your new born child?

It's very possible! This nation is insane.

We must elect Ron Paul into office!

Please donate today!

Dlynne
11-11-2007, 12:25 AM
While I agree this is disgusting, Paul's election is no way a solution here. This is a state issue, and people need to hold their state authorities accountable for these kinds of atrocities.

Cowlesy
11-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Menthol --- Good article, but this is definitely not a "Grassroots Central" post --- can you move it to General Politics - Other?

I wouldn't bother throwing up a post but the board has been uber-cluttered lately with stuff posted in the wrong threads.

Menthol Patch
11-11-2007, 12:29 AM
This is a perfect example of why we need Ron Paul.

This entire nation is insane. It is insane from top to bottom.

We cannot expect SANITY to happen at a local level until we get some SANITY at the top!

That is why we need Ron Paul to become President!

BTW: It is stuff like this that motivates me to support Ron Paul more than anything else.

ronpaulfan
11-11-2007, 12:41 AM
BTW: It is stuff like this that motivates me to support Ron Paul more than anything else.

I agree with you. I didn't become a die-hard supporter until my YouTube account got deleted for just DESCRIBING a police brutality incident in a video. Someone posted the raw footage of a police beating, then a local news station claimed the footage as theres and viciously forced YouTube to suspend every single account that reposted the video. The incident happened on September 14!! I bet no-one here has even heard of it.

Here is the video I made just describing the incident. It caused two of my accounts to get deleted (because the video kept becoming the #1 rated video on YouTube.....the 3rd time I posted it, it didn't have the legs).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIf6W-veSos

honkywill
11-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Hey! This is my town.

OZ PD's finest.

honkywill
11-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Here is a write up from our local paper: http://www.dothaneagle.com/gulfcoasteast/dea/local_news.apx.-content-articles-DEA-2007-11-09-0006.html

If what the officers are saying is true I don't know, but it could just be the good ol' boy system at work.

johngr
11-11-2007, 01:54 AM
While I agree this is disgusting, Paul's election is no way a solution here. This is a state issue, and people need to hold their state authorities accountable for these kinds of atrocities.

The culture of liberty that Ron Paul will bring, which steels up state residents to say, we're not taking this shit anymore, is a solution of sorts.

freelance
11-11-2007, 02:51 AM
This is a perfect example of why we need Ron Paul.

This entire nation is insane. It is insane from top to bottom.

We cannot expect SANITY to happen at a local level until we get some SANITY at the top!

That is why we need Ron Paul to become President!

At the top, we can stop militarizing America. Tasers are lethal and being sold to America as non-lethal.

PatriotG
11-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I beginning to think tasers should not be used by law enforcment and rent a cop security forces.
The taser gives them the luxury to use the device without assesing a situation, and making the best snap judgement.

Since its not lethal it has become to easy to "shoot first ask questions later.'

If they are only carrying a gun, they are forced to think twice before using it.

They are supposed to be professionals, they can make these types of judgements if they have to.

PatriotG

ladyliberty
11-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Florida is already a Police State! Now Alabama is becoming one too? If Hillary becomes Prez I am packing my bags and my survival gear and heading for the hills!