PDA

View Full Version : Calling All LDS! Please join "LDS for Ron Paul Coalition"

helmuth_hubener
01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
I have just sent off my endorsement questionnaire to the campaign, joining the LDS for Ron Paul Coalition. It is a very easy process. Send an e-mail to hq.coalitions@ronpaul2012.com , stating that you'd like to join. He will send you the questionnaire.

If you know any other Saints who would be willing to join, please get them on board, too. Perhaps especially useful would be more prominent members, such as stake presidents, celebrities, authors, etc. This will help us in Nevada.

If anyone knows of has any contact with either of the Skousen boys (Joel or Mark), please get a hold of them. Skousen is a big name that many members are familiar with, and both Joel and Mark are strongly pro-liberty and would probably be willing to publicly endorse Ron, I think.

Even if you are not LDS, if you know anyone who is LDS, please try to recruit them for this endorsement coalition. Again: this will help us in Nevada.

Thank you!

For more info, see:

http://www.facebook.com/LatterDaySaintsForRonPaul?sk=wall&filter=2
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/01/18/ron-paul-nevada-team-names-new-%E2%80%98lds-for-ron-paul%E2%80%99-nationwide-coalition-members/

Get your name in a press release! Maybe! Join today!

helmuth_hubener
01-18-2012, 06:29 PM
For all you non-Mormons:

Can you help? Yes!! If you know any Mormons at all, here is what you can do. Ask them:

"You're a latter-day saint, right?"

They will be happy to confirm this, and glad you remembered, and glad you are bringing it up, giving them permission to pursue the topic and hopefully convert you, LOL! So things are off to a great start. Then ask them something like:

"You guys are big on the Constitution, you believe that it was inspired by God and whatnot, right?"

You bet that's what we believe and your friend or acquaintance will certainly confirm that. Then you just segway into Ron Paul in your own personal style, perhaps something like:

"So I've been looking into this candidate for President Ron Paul. Did you know he's been in Congress strictly voting in accordance with the Constitution since the 1970s? It's pretty amazing, actually, to see his voting record. Well, this made me think of you and that you probably are big into the Constitution, being a latter-day saint and all, so I'm wondering if you support him."

Maybe you will get good news and they do already support Dr. Paul! In that case, you can please direct them to send an e-mail to hq.coalitions@ronpaul2012.com and join LDS for Ron Paul (also to come join you at your local meetup or whatever you have going on). If not, you've planted the seed and you can direct them to look up Ron Paul on Youtube and learn more about his positions. Many Mormons will come around, and are already coming around. We just have to get the word out there.

helmuth_hubener
01-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Helping this thread ascend back up to the highest degree of Grassroots Central glory.

sirgonzo420
01-18-2012, 09:51 PM
What about LSD for Ron Paul?

helmuth_hubener
01-18-2012, 10:04 PM
That will help in Greenwich Village! But this will help in Nevada, which comes first on the schedule. :D

The Bavarian
01-18-2012, 10:06 PM
What about LSD for Ron Paul?

Is it wrong for me to have read the topic title as such as well?

Now I'm disappointed.. :(

helmuth_hubener
01-18-2012, 10:10 PM
What would "LSD for Ron Paul" even mean?

ryanmkeisling
01-18-2012, 10:15 PM
What would "LSD for Ron Paul" even mean?

A magical journey to the depths and heights of Freedom and Liberty. duh....:D:p

Mckarnin
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
A magical journey to the depths and heights of Freedom and Liberty. duh....:D:p

hehe

On a serious note I'll mention it to a LDS friend of mine who is on the fence.

helmuth_hubener
01-18-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm just thinking either it's raising funds to buy LSD for Ron Paul, that is, to give to Ron Paul, which, umm, I'm pretty sure he doesn't need, or it's using LSD on his behalf, in order to help further the movement. Somehow...

Either way, it certainly makes me laugh.

iamse7en
01-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Joel's email is editor[at]worldaffairsbrief[dot]com. Mark Skousen is actually a Romney supporter. He's a FreedomWorks conservative posing as a "libertarian."

helmuth_hubener
01-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Please let's try to make this as big as possible! It will help in Nevada, and Arizona also. Probably a little in Colorado, too.

helmuth_hubener
02-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Bump for Nevada!

PolicyReader
02-02-2012, 01:52 AM
It will also help in Idaho (and bump ;) )

hillertexas
02-02-2012, 08:42 AM
bump