PDA

View Full Version : My Incredible Story of the day.

mavtek
11-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Today I went to a church festival, mostly for my 2 year old because they had a bounce house and a train ride. As always when not at work I had both my Ron Paul shirt and button on. I talked with as many people as I thought I could get away with without annoying anyone. As I was walking through the crowd a man sitting at a table eating with his kids said "Hey, that's the guy I'm voting for". I stopped and said "really that's great news, that's what I love to hear". I said he really is the best candidate isn't he, he replied "yes he really is". I started with he's got the right ideas pro-life, secure the borders, no entitlements". He looked at me and said "actually I don't agree with any of those positions, really I'm not sure I agree with him on half of what he says".

My eyes opened widely and my head reared back in shock. I asked him why he supports Ron Paul then. His answer was 2 words "The Constitution". A warm feeling surged through my body, this amazing realization sent a jolt of joy whizzing around my brain. 2 simple words of a patriotic person made him an avid supporter of Ron Paul. Simply Amazing.

He had further advice for me as if I could reach Dr. Paul with a simple phone call. I had to tell him I'm an enthusiastic volunteer with no connection to the campaign but, I'd do whatever I could to get his message to the campaign. He told me that Dr. Paul could get another 5% of the vote if he just talked about "Family Rights" as he put it. Apparently he was talking about everything from home schooling, to equal gender rights in the case of Divorce. Oh well I hope you all enjoy this story.

tnvoter
11-10-2007, 11:53 PM
that's awesome!!

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Excellent. I also think a certain % of people will be attracted to Dr. Paul simply because he is an honest man in the least honest city in the world.

texasbelle
11-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Thats a great story! I agree about the home school issue. I have talked to several about his stance and they all respond very positively. I find that a lot of home schooling parents really want the establishment out of their lives and Ron Pauls message resonates well with them.

Edward
11-10-2007, 11:56 PM
He's catchin on...

Dorfsmith
11-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Good story.

Today I went to visit some relatives who have not shown any interest in the Ron Paul information I have sent them. My goal was to at least explain why I support him. When I left they were very interested in him and could not believe how close he was to their views. I just got an email from my Uncle saying he is seriously considering Ron Paul now. Not bad considering he watches Hannity all the time :D I'm always amazed at how fast people warm up to the good Dr. once they give him a chance. :cool:

schmeisser
11-11-2007, 12:06 AM
The beauty of the message is that it taps into something in almost everyone. Freedom tends to do that.

nbhadja
11-11-2007, 12:07 AM
awesome! though if the guy truly cared about the constitution, he would agree about secure borders...........just saying.......

SlapItHigh
11-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Apparently he was talking about everything from home schooling, to equal gender rights in the case of Divorce. Oh well I hope you all enjoy this story.

If you see him again, let him know that Ron Paul does speak out about homeschooling - http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070727.htm .

We had a huge Fall Festival here with 40,000+ in attendance. We had TONS of literature on every topic under the sun in our Ron Paul booth. The two most popular papers that people took were:

1. RP on foreign policy
2. RP on homeschooling

Apparently, two big issues for him.

Alabama Supporter
11-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Great story!

Next time, give out the Ron Paul hotline 877-RON-PAUL . This is a new resource that I'm not sure alot of people know about. They are encouraging people to call with their questions and concerns rather than email.

Freedom
11-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks for sharing; that was a great story.

He told me that Dr. Paul could get another 5% of the vote if he just talked about "Family Rights" as he put it. Apparently he was talking about everything from home schooling, to equal gender rights in the case of Divorce.

Ron Paul has said numerous times in speeches that we don't have "group rights", such as "gay rights", or "womens rights", or "family rights". We only have individual rights, and those rights are granted to us by our Creator. The rights that have not been granted to the federal government in the Constitution are reserved to the individual or the state, respectively.

PathIveMade
11-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I have a story too.... He's catchin on I tell ya! :)

I was at the post office today and a gentleman pulled in behind me and stopped. When I got out of my car, he said, " Excuse me sir"... now I'm thinking my pos car has something hanging off of it or something... but he said, " I just want you to know it's good to see that Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car." I told him it was good to see another supporter in the area. The revolution is spreading!

Syren123
11-11-2007, 12:32 AM
OMG all ABOUT home schooling:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/home-schooling/

Print it out, tweak it any way you want into some kind of small handout, and have AT THE READY for all your home school question needs!

There is no issue the Dr has not addressed thoroughly and thoughtfully.

Syren123
11-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Ron Paul has said numerous times in speeches that we don't have "group rights", such as "gay rights", or "womens rights", or "family rights". We only have individual rights, and those rights are granted to us by our Creator. The rights that have not been granted to the federal government in the Constitution are reserved to the individual or the state, respectively.
Exactly. I stress that in every speech I have to give to groups with special issues.

Divorce also brings up another very important RP point: contract. Legal contracts between people are NOT the business of the govt, but of the courts and the states. Divorces are dissolutions of marriage contracts: 100% states issues.

People have a hard time wrapping their heads around the concept at first, but after ruminating the thought for a while, most people do understand the concept of contracts and the personal nature of them, and the role of the courts in enforcing the legality of contracts. NOT the govt.

Richandler
11-11-2007, 12:41 AM
We should perhaps hand out constitutions at events too? Ron needs to provide a constitution pamplet so that they can see directly how his philosophy match up and that so every single american is insure they have a copy of it.

PathIveMade
11-11-2007, 12:45 AM
We should perhaps hand out constitutions at events too? Ron needs to provide a constitution pamplet so that they can see directly how his philosophy match up and that so every single american is insure they have a copy of it.

I've been getting my pocket constitutions here: http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/ciru.html

People have been appreciative!