PDA

View Full Version : SOPA will come up at the debate!

Esoteric
01-18-2012, 04:22 PM
And they will ALL say they oppose SOPA.

Ron should have something prepared to zing all of them .. something that calls them out for only taking this position because it's politically expedient, and that he's been fighting against these types of regulations for years in congress.

EaSy
01-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Sanatorium is not against SOPA.

Tyler_Durden
01-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Ron should have something prepared to zing all of them .. something that calls them out for only taking this position because it's politically expedient, and that he's been fighting against these types of regulations for years in congress.

I predicted with it's unpopular momentum, the other candidates will be "against it" now.

Do we know their positions prior to today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5iY5Sll72k&sns=em

UK4Paul
01-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Given that Romney supported NDAA, it wouldn't surprise me if he LOVES SOPA :)

swissaustrian
01-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Given that Romney supported NDAA, it wouldn't surprise me if he LOVES SOPA :)
I guess he will say something like this:
"Corporations are people, my friends. Their intellectual property must be protected"

EaSy
01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
He would definitely enjoy shutting down the networks. ;)

Babylon
01-18-2012, 04:45 PM

SOPA is irrelevant to the campaign.

The demographic that makes up the Republican Primary voters couldn't care less about it.

Nor do they care about the Patriot Act or the NDAA.

His issue is the economy.
When he deviates from it (and starts talking about bin Laden, the 4th amendment, and the Fed) he loses votes.

His problem is that, in his mind, you can't talk about the economy without mentioning the Fed, overseas military spending, and liberty issues.
He's correct.

But, when he tries to link together all this stuff in a one-minute response, he just sounds crazy, unfocused, and rambling.

Alas, what we have is what we have.

He's not going to change.

BrittanySligar
01-19-2012, 08:13 PM
yep.

cindy25
01-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Santorum sided with Hollywood; career ender?

BrittanySligar
01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Santorum sided with Hollywood; career ender?

Looks like he'll be the next to "hear the gong"!

Drex
01-19-2012, 08:18 PM
SANTORUM WOULD BAN TEH P0RN