PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levin fans have written hundreds of 1 star reviews of RPs books over last 2 days

LysanderSpoon
01-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Please go to Amazon and write good reveiws to bring his ratings back up.

LawnWake
01-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Yeah, didn't see this sort of blowback coming at all.

wgadget
01-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Gee, I'm flattered.

Can't they come up with something of their OWN?

Maximus
I flagged some as inappropriate

Paulitics 2011
Hmm...Does Mark Levin write any books?

* Mischievous grin

TexAg09
Does it go against anything to report all of those 1-stars as abuse?

Alamais
01-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah, didn't see this sort of blowback coming at all.

i take it some of the more outgoing paul supporters did the same to Levin's books?

Paulitics 2011
01-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Someone should probably report this to Amazon as well. It's kind of obvious that there was a planned spamming of negative comments when all the negative reviews are one stars, left on the same date, and have very similar content.

Why again doesn't Amazon restrict reviews to people who have purchased the item?

BKom
i take it some of the more outgoing paul supporters did the same to Levin's books?

They did. They shouldn't have. And this is to be expected.

thoughtomator
Nobody should be doing this, it's fraud and it's wrong.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-18-2012, 03:40 PM

* Mischievous grinHe writes novels, not books.

afwjam
01-18-2012, 03:40 PM
not sure how they planned to win this one...

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I fully support perpetual war with Mark Levin. Having met him personally, he's about a twat in person, and on the microphone.

twomp
01-18-2012, 03:42 PM
hmmm Mark Levin huh?

ShaneEnochs
01-18-2012, 03:43 PM
I went through all the one stars and thumbed down the ones that were written in the past couple days. I also reported the ones that were ad hominem, and the ones that were by people who clearly didn't read the book, which was about 99% of them.

But yes, this was to be expected. Those who participated in attacking Levin's book brought this on Paul. They should have known better, and they should know the concept of blowback works both ways. I'm disgusted by them.

afwjam
01-18-2012, 03:47 PM
but this is a war we could easily win. If we escalated we could show them what blowback really is.

LysanderSpoon
01-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Me either...but as of now, it appears they are winning. Page after page of 1 star reviews for every single one of RP's books. If anyone hasn't already written good reveiws, please do so today.

William R
01-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Blowback folks. That's what it's called

schiffheadbaby
Please tweet about this to get back Mark Levin, he is the scum of the earth.

ShaneEnochs
but this is a war we could easily win. If we escalated we could show them what blowback really is.

Good grief. You're using the same logic as neocons.

We attack them, they attack us, and then we attack them even harder to make sure they never attack us again.

Leave it be. Write good reviews for Paul if you guys wish, but don't be stupid and run over to Levin's books.

schiffheadbaby
01-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Blowback will be when I vote for Obama in 2012 if RP doesn't get nomination just to piss off the neocons

Giuliani was there on 911
01-18-2012, 03:51 PM
got a link to the negative reviews ?

TexAg09
01-18-2012, 03:52 PM
I just realized I can check out all the reviews by someone. A lot of them are supporting Mark's one book and downgrading all of Ron's. Those are the ones I'm flagging.

Brian4Liberty
01-18-2012, 03:54 PM

I flagged some as inappropriate

I went through all the one stars and thumbed down the ones that were written in the past couple days. I also reported the ones that were ad hominem, and the ones that were by people who clearly didn't read the book, which was about 99% of them.

That's the appropriate response. Check "no", that the review wasn't helpful, and report it as abuse.

There seems to be about 80 of them since yesterday on Liberty Defined.

Don't go over to Levin's book and do the same thing to him (unless you actually read the book and have real critiques).

seapilot
01-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Blowback will be when I vote for Obama in 2012 if RP doesn't get nomination just to piss off the neocons

The neo cons love Obama's foreign policy. The bankers win if people vote for any establishment candidate.

Brian4Liberty
01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
got a link to the negative reviews ?

This should take you there:

hxxp://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Defined-Essential-Issues-Freedom/product-reviews/145550145X/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

afwjam
01-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Gorilla warfare was key to winning the Revolution.

Ronulus
01-18-2012, 04:01 PM

King Kong was the mastermind of it all.

Having two groups give 1 star reviews to each other isn't really the same as guerrilla warfare.

Paulitics 2011
01-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Guess I was about as informed as a neocon on this one. I thought they just started doing it spontaneously.

matt0611
01-18-2012, 04:05 PM
This is blowback-was expected. I hope you all learned a lesson

They would do this no matter what. They're not doing this because we did it to them, they just noticed that it was a good idea and copied it.
I didn't participate in this so it wasn't my doing anyway.

Anyway, everyone go to Ron's page and give a good review and report their reviews as abuse.

hammy
01-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Here's how I feel: if someone listens to Mark Levin and takes him seriously as a human being, seriously enough to purchase something written by him, a one star rating will hardly deter them.

giovannile07
Yeah, the Liberty Defined book got trampled with it, I've never read it and I know for a fact the people who gave it one star didn't read it... It's obvious too, who would buy a book from someone they think is a lunatic? Yeah, I hate this guy so much he's never going to be president, but I'm going to read his book...

fisharmor

No, it wasn't.
French involvement, a guy named Von Steuben, some key military victories, and British apathy were key to winning the Revolution.
The guerrilla warfare was insignificant almost right after it started.

TexAg09
01-18-2012, 04:07 PM
I've never rated any products online, butt I'm working my but off trying to report all of these as abuse. Apparently, all these people that claim to have read it, seemed to have read all of Ron's other books today.

That's not real obvious.....

01-18-2012, 04:08 PM
This should take you there:

hxxp://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Defined-Essential-Issues-Freedom/product-reviews/145550145X/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar
wow after seeing that I'm starting to agree with the people who say we should hit back.

ShaneEnochs
01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
They would do this no matter what. They're not doing this because we did it to them, they just noticed that it was a good idea and copied it.
I didn't participate in this so it wasn't my doing anyway.

Anyway, everyone go to Ron's page and give a good review and report their reviews as abuse.

Levin told them to in response of RP supporters doing it to him.

ShaneEnochs
01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
wow after seeing that I'm starting to agree with the people who say we should hit back.

Resist the urge.

01-18-2012, 04:10 PM
we don't have to "one star bomb" them. We could write legitimate objective reviews about how terrible his books are.

reagle
01-18-2012, 04:11 PM
golden rule

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 04:18 PM
I wrote good reviews but what we have to do is write to Amazon asking them to delete reviews from the last two days after Levin's broadcast saying 'if I were vindictive I would have you vote down his books' after which his listeners did. clearly Amazon knows they didn't sell that many books and those two days are inundated with fake reviews. Amazon will have to clean it up, and we have to ask them to do it.

ShaneEnochs
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
I wrote good reviews but what we have to do is write to Amazon asking them to delete reviews from the last two days after Levin's broadcast saying 'if I were vindictive I would have you vote down his books' after which his listeners did. clearly Amazon knows they didn't sell that many books and those two days are inundated with fake reviews. Amazon will have to clean it up, and we have to ask them to do it.

Then Levin is going to come back saying that we did the same thing to him. Bill O'Reilly could also say the same thing.

Liberty74
01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
I just went through 15 pages of crappy reviews on The Revolution book.

I reported abuse for all one stars in those 15 pages. Took about 10 minutes. Do the same. The more reports of abuse Amazon gets, maybe they will remove those "crackpot" reviews.

Another reason Ron needs to go NUCLEAR on these brainwashed fake conservatives and RUN INDEPENDENT. This is war and this is about saving the country, not a fucking "Party" that doesn't care about this country or it's people.

roho76
01-18-2012, 04:25 PM
For a man who favors preemptive war he's kinda late to the game.

Liberty74
01-18-2012, 04:31 PM
golden rule

I think wanting to treat others as you would like to be treated only goes so far. When Levin, Hannity, Rush, Beck, O'Reilly, etc launch a WAR against the most honest person in politics with smears and lies (including his supporters), there is only so much one can take. It starts with them and their hate. Those talk show hosts are complete SHILLS for the globalists and the "Party" for the NWO. They are there to "herd" people and make sure they don't sway off the path.

And no, I don't support knocking down anyones books. I rather Ron Paul run Independent and watch all those fuckers scream because Romney (the establishment's pick) will not win. In a 3 way race with Ron and Barack, Romney only gets in the 30 percentile as of now.

ropo
01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
I hate people who abuse the review system. Don't know why our people did it either

PastaRocket848
01-18-2012, 04:51 PM
that seems like an act of war to me. he does know we own the internet, right?

libertybrewcity
01-18-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm not surprised. RPers shouldn't have written anything about Ron Paul in the negative reviews. Also, don't forget to click "no" on if their 5 star reviews were useful.

AlexG
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
You protest by not buying a product and encouraging others not to buy the product. You are breaking Amazon's review policies, misleading others into thinking you're giving a fair review, and most importantly you are creating blowback to Ron Paul. Civil libertarians dont believe in misleading or creating falsehoods. The truth wins out in the end.

heavenlyboy34
01-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Just wanted to say again that random 1-star bombing people's books is a piss-poor strategy. People ignore reviews that aren't constructive and articulate anyway. (I know I do)

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm not surprised. RPers shouldn't have written anything about Ron Paul in the negative reviews. Also, don't forget to click "no" on if their 5 star reviews were useful.

Why do you assume that wasn't entirely to plant it on Ron Paul supporters? Like the fake hacking of twitter accounts and the Huntsman video and the 'stop Ron Paul' group trying to set up a fake KKK rally?

At this point, I assume something that obvious to draw blow back is NOT one of us.

Clem Kadiddlehopper
01-18-2012, 05:03 PM
If you think Ron Paul, himself, would deliberately sabotage another person's book reviews, then go ahead and do it.

libertybrewcity
I think a better idea might be to get Ron Paul a five star review for all of his books. That might be more constructive.

steph3n
Why are people here wasting their time on this petty crap? It is not productive and impacts nothing, in fact all the attention helps Levin to sell more because he points to it and says go bomb them with reviews, its stupid for both sides and an utter waste of time that gets you no where with undecided or changing minds.

ShaneEnochs
01-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Why do you assume that wasn't entirely to plant it on Ron Paul supporters? Like the fake hacking of twitter accounts and the Huntsman video and the 'stop Ron Paul' group trying to set up a fake KKK rally?

At this point, I assume something that obvious to draw blow back is NOT one of us.

Mainly due to the fact that there were threads on DP encouraging and organizing it.

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 05:12 PM

Hiding behind Ron while you shoot so he takes the return fire is pretty low.

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Mainly due to the fact that there were threads on DP encouraging and organizing it.

We have been hit by trolls. I just banned a couple. But they have to be recognized. Has anyone long term tried to instigate such a thing? If it happens please report it.

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 05:13 PM
If you think Ron Paul, himself, would deliberately sabotage another person's book reviews, then go ahead and do it.

Exactly. WWRPD

everlasticity
01-18-2012, 05:15 PM
I noticed this in comments to news posts as well. There is suddenly an entire host of anti Paul comments that seems very strange and out of place. They seem well scripted and designed for one purpose: discrediting Ron Paul.

libertybrewcity
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
If you want to give RP a five star review, here are the links to his books:
Revolution
http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/product-reviews/0446537527/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Foreign Policy
http://www.amazon.com/Foreign-Policy-Freedom-Commerce-Friendship/product-reviews/0912453001/ref=sr_1_2_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

End the Fed:
http://www.amazon.com/End-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/B004IEA4DM/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326928543&sr=1-3

Liberty Defined:
http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Defined-Essential-Issues-Freedom/dp/145550145X/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326928543&sr=1-4

A Case for Gold:(has only two stars)
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Gold-Ron-Paul/dp/B000XG8T40/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326928543&sr=1-5

Pillars of Prosperity:
http://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Prosperity-Markets-Private-Property/dp/1933550244/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326928543&sr=1-6

ShaneEnochs
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
We have been hit by trolls. I just banned a couple. But they have to be recognized. Has anyone long term tried to instigate such a thing? If it happens please report it.

Trolls from where? Levin listeners? That doesn't make sense. That would be like us posting at a Levin forum trying to get them to one-star Liberty Defined in order to incite a reaction from other RP supporters.

LibertyEagle
01-18-2012, 05:20 PM
They did. They shouldn't have. And this is to be expected.

Exactly.

I don't see why people can't figure out that this type of thing falls directly into the hands of those calling Ron Paul supporters, whack jobs. It all hurts Ron Paul, so why do it? Don't you think participating in the Phone-from-Home program would be a lot more constructive in helping Dr. Paul?

I run into people all the time who think RP supporters are downright scary. It is not helping Ron Paul's cause.

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 05:20 PM
If you want to give RP a five star review, here are the links to his books:
Revolution
http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/product-reviews/0446537527/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Foreign Policy
http://www.amazon.com/Foreign-Policy-Freedom-Commerce-Friendship/product-reviews/0912453001/ref=sr_1_2_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

End the Fed:
http://www.amazon.com/End-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/B004IEA4DM/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326928543&sr=1-3

Liberty Defined:
http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Defined-Essential-Issues-Freedom/dp/145550145X/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326928543&sr=1-4

A Case for Gold:(has only two stars)
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Gold-Ron-Paul/dp/B000XG8T40/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326928543&sr=1-5

Pillars of Prosperity:
http://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Prosperity-Markets-Private-Property/dp/1933550244/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326928543&sr=1-6

I did that but while I wrote one a bunch of one liner 'it's a waste of money!' type of one star reviews came up. Mine shows that I actually bought his books, and I mentioned in my review that the one star ones were on the same dates because they were spurred by a radio host with a grudge.

Omnica
01-18-2012, 05:21 PM

Bingo. But people are not elephants, they forget, the memory hole takes over, and the commercial break ends...

Omnica
01-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Exactly.

I don't see why people can't figure out that this type of thing falls directly into the hands of those calling Ron Paul supporters, whack jobs. It all hurts Ron Paul, so why do it? Don't you think participating in the Phone-from-Home program would be a lot more constructive in helping Dr. Paul?

I run into people all the time who think RP supporters are downright scary. It is not helping Ron Paul's cause.

They believe that RP supporters are scary because they listen to the television smears

and newspaperadio libel-slanders and misinformation MSM internet articles.

I don't buy it. I have never met a scary RP supporter in person. I think the neocons are the truly scary ones.

We have already established that neocons are pretending to be RP supporters

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Trolls from where? Levin listeners? That doesn't make sense. That would be like us posting at a Levin forum trying to get them to one-star Liberty Defined in order to incite a reaction from other RP supporters.

They come here asking us to do destructive stuff that will create blowback against us and Ron, like suggesting we down vote Levin's book. And if you think it makes no sense, what do you think the Huntsman video was about or the 'stop Paul' group planning to pretend to be KKK 'Paul supporters'. That is what a troll does.

steph3n
01-18-2012, 05:38 PM
They come here asking us to do destructive stuff that will create blowback against us and Ron, like suggesting we down vote Levin's book. And if you think it makes no sense, what do you think the Huntsman video was about or the 'stop Paul' group planning to pretend to be KKK 'Paul supporters'. That is what a troll does.

Or come to chat and insist people go one star Levins book and have no sense of logic or reason, then claim 'you lost a voter over not doing what I say' when they leave. Don't fall when the door hits ya. We don't need 'supporters' like you anyway (which I doubt they are if they have no sense of logic or reason)

ShaneEnochs
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM

I still don't understand what was wrong with the Huntsman video. I mean... yeah, he speaks chinese. He makes no secret of it. Yeah, he adopted a daughter from there. But what was the big fuss?

And the Stop Ron Paul group wouldn't be losing anything from what they're doing. If it's Levin supporters encouraging us to one-star his books, that would be them hurting the guy they support. It would be like us hurting Ron (on purpose).

I dunno. Maybe I just can't wrap my head around such things.

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 06:35 PM
It is Ron's books being 1 starred, not Levins. BECAUSE Levin thinks we one starred his.

TheLasersShadow
01-18-2012, 06:38 PM

* Mischievous grin
LOL yea seems a new one of his just came out .....

CaptainAmerica
01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
TOO BAD you didn't link the book?

jeffreylayne
01-18-2012, 06:44 PM
On the bright-side, negative publicity is still publicity. Without a doubt, at least a small percentage of these "reviewers" are going to pick up the book and read it, even if it's for the purpose of loading up their arsenal of attacks. And when they do, they will likely be humbled when they find out how reasonable, historical, and patriotic Ron Paul's argument is.

Peace&Freedom
01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
The point of the Levin spam pan-reviews, Huntsman video, bunny ranch endorsements, et al, is to keep Paul supporters distracted or demoralized, instead of on task, focused on getting Paul to as many primary victories as possible. The point was and is to turn his campaign and movement into a sideshow, instead of the new emerging political mainstream we are trying to achieve.

It's an old technique---I remember back in the early nineties, when Hillarycare debate was at its height, and Rush Limbaugh (in its better days) was one of the only effective places to find effective talking points against it, a lot of silly personal attacks were raised against Rush from several directions. Rush theorized on air it was an attempt to derail him in minor controversies, so that he would move off attacking health care reform, and he was right.

ShaneEnochs
01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
It is Ron's books being 1 starred, not Levins. BECAUSE Levin thinks we one starred his.

So you're telling me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Ron Paul supporters did not write these reviews?

http://www.amazon.com/Ameritopia-Unmaking-Mark-R-Levin/product-reviews/1439173249/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

runamuck
01-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Seriously... who gives a flying fuck? Not me.

LysanderSpoon
01-18-2012, 09:19 PM
I doubt most RP supporters even knew who Mark Levin was until he started viciously attacking Ron on his show. Check these out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooMRfV40FyM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIV_V_G71Cw

cdc482
01-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Amazon's review system is pretty fair. I don't think there's anything to be done. But I agree, personal attacks like this are stupid, and I was wrong for participating in them.

Mini-Me
01-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Argh. I hate when people crap on books they haven't actually read.

vechorik
01-18-2012, 09:27 PM

Just mark them as "not being helpful" and mark the good review as being "very helpful." --- or better still, don't play that game.

Brick-in-the-Wall
01-18-2012, 09:31 PM
I won't lie, if we did this, it was very stupid on our part.

You don't win anybody over to your side doing this. Yeah, it's fun to do if you're an outsider going up "against the man." The thing is, we're no longer outsiders but running with mainstream Republicans on our side. We're winning polls that just a few years ago we were a minority in.

It's time to put the childish bullshit aside and do things that help promote the campaign, not drag it down into silly little slap fights.

BrendenR
01-18-2012, 10:19 PM
I have read three of Paul's books.

I never had any incentive to write a review on Amazon. I just got it.

If you have actually read his books, write a real review, give the book five stars. This is the way to give the finger to the Levin hacks.