PDA

View Full Version : Debbie Hopper - Be a Ron Paul Delegate!

TexMac
11-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Yes, I know the video isn't the best. Just listen! She made me tear up today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKvMFwgQC0

ross11988
11-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Good I thought I was the only one tearing up because of her

Man from La Mancha
11-11-2007, 12:07 AM
We need that kind of emotional feeling because what she said is true this could be our last peaceful chance of bringing back to our chidren a country of the truely free.

me3
11-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Tex, you guys have a great platform to the Ron Paul community at LRC. Please keep hammering this home. We need RPR, LRC The DP etc to get the word out, I'm really concerned that the few people who keep hammering it here (walt, myself, foo) aren't reaching enough people and conveying how absolutely urgent and necessary this is.

Lois
11-11-2007, 05:10 AM
I'm really freaked out about the Delegate Situation. That's why she was so emotional -- how much you wanna bet we don't have anywhere near enough delegates. But you never hear that word mentioned. It should be synonymous with Ron Paul. "Ron Paul for President - Become a Delegate"

austin356
11-11-2007, 05:17 AM
Its damn easy to become a delegate to become a delegate so whats the problems around the country?

Nefertiti
11-11-2007, 06:41 AM
It costs a lot of money, and time, to be a delegate. You may have to travel to a state convention first, and then to Minn., where you have to pay for your hotel for a week plus the registration fee, which is apparently about $500. Perhaps we need to start chip-ins to help individual delegates cover their expenses and then people would be more willing to do it. I would have considered it if I knew that I could afford it and had the time. Fortunately, we have a full slate in my district already.

ladyliberty
11-11-2007, 06:48 AM
It costs a lot of money, and time, to be a delegate. You may have to travel to a state convention first, and then to Minn., where you have to pay for your hotel for a week plus the registration fee, which is apparently about $500. Perhaps we need to start chip-ins to help individual delegates cover their expenses and then people would be more willing to do it. I would have considered it if I knew that I could afford it and had the time. Fortunately, we have a full slate in my district already.

I agree it is quite expensive. Are there any Ron Paul Supporters out there who work for any of the hotel chains who can get rooms at or near convention sites at a discount rate?

How about people with frequent flyer miles who can contribute a plane trip to the state and natioinal convention?

I am a firm believer in the adage "Where there is a Will - There is a Way!"

Nefertiti
11-11-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm sure where there is a will there is a way. But I think we need to put the incentive out there first for people to take the plunge.

ladyliberty
11-11-2007, 07:01 AM
I have too many health problems to be a delegate but I am willing to take a Ron Paul Supporter who wants to be a delegate to the airport! I live in Central Florida and I would be happy to give that person a ride to TIA or Orlando or Sanford!

TexMac
11-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Tex, you guys have a great platform to the Ron Paul community at LRC. Please keep hammering this home. We need RPR, LRC The DP etc to get the word out, I'm really concerned that the few people who keep hammering it here (walt, myself, foo) aren't reaching enough people and conveying how absolutely urgent and necessary this is.
I don't know what more we could do at LRC. It's wall to wall Ron Paul already.

I volunteered to be a delegate several weeks ago, but I( haven't heard back about it. We do have a person coordinating this in New York, so I hope we're doing ok here.

westmich4paul
11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
I too signed up to be a delegate but was told it wouldn't help me in this years primary's because i was too late. But i proceeded to do it anyway because it is important. Does anyone know where Debbie is from because I could have sworn I met her after the rally at a service station on the turnpike. We talked for a bit but because of the video's bad resolution i cannot figure out if it was her or not.

Bryan
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
There is no question the heart came out here with Debbie. It was beautiful.

The delegate process is state specific- for Texas it is very complicated (I've studied it a bit). The group Ron Paul Friends USA, headed by one of Ron's friends, is working to organize and educate others on the delegate process- visit their website (not the best but it gets the job done) shown in my signature. (RPF USA is not associated with any other agenda!)

Here are a few other links:

http://www.republicansource.com/primaries.htm
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-DSVE.phtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)_presidential_prim aries,_2008

djahn
11-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Its damn easy to become a delegate to become a delegate so whats the problems around the country?

It may be damn easy in some states, but the requirements vary from state to state. Some do require excessive fees that many of our supporters can't afford. I believe New Jersey may be one of those.

We need to get as many delegates as we can especially in the states with less oppressive selection processes.

David Jahn