PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Bob Casey (D) Co-sponsor of SOPA.. Top Campaign Contributor: Comcast..

JasonC
01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
So... I called my Reps. today and spoke with aides of theirs. In short, Bob Casey's aide told me he was a co-sponsor (I won't get into the convo much)of SOPA. After the call I decided to look up Casey's top contributors. According to the source below, Casey's top contributor is Comcast... yeah.. big surprise. I am thinking of writing letters to some local newspapers discussing this and informing the public about SOPA.

I was hoping my fellow RPFers could give me some ideas of what to write about, mainly on the subject of Comcast being his top contributor. "How does Comcast benefit from SOPA?"; this is the part I am having the most trouble thinking of what to write about. Any help would be appreciated, for I do not have much spare time to research information. I'll check back on this thread later tonight.

Source: http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00027503&cycle=2012#fundraising

123tim
01-18-2012, 01:50 PM
I have no good ideas, but I certainly will give you a bump.

I will say that I'm saddened to hear this:

Sen. Bob Casey (D) Co-sponsor of SOPA

123tim
01-18-2012, 01:56 PM
I may have found part of your Comcast question.
Look at the tangled web of what Comcast owns and controls:
http://arstechnica.com/media/news/2009/12/what-exactly-does-comcast-already-own-heres-a-list.ars

JasonC
01-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Thank you... Any of you media lurkers out there should expose this sort of thing. Maybe Judge Nap can do a quick story on this..

123tim
01-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Another bump.

Just wanted to mention that I voted for Bob Casey Jr. to be part of the "landslide" that "ousted" Rick Santioum.
Who do I vote for now? :(

Since I'm unable to talk right now I didn't call anyone. However, I did go to Craigslist and hit every email list that I was eligible for. I don't know how effective this was.

By the way...What is the proper title for a state rep anyway? I used "Mr," but I'm sure that wasn't correct.

bkreigh
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Another bump.

Just wanted to mention that I voted for Bob Casey Jr. to be part of the "landslide" that "ousted" Rick Santioum.
Who do I vote for now. :(

Since I'm unable to talk right now I didn't call anyone. However, I did go to Craigslist and hit every email list that I was eligible for. I don't know how effective this was.

By the way...What is the proper title for a state rep anyway? I used "Mr," but I'm sure that wasn't correct.

Who cares what the proper title is for them. They were voted in and they work for you. You can call them whatever you want IMO and they better be calling you Mr., Ms., or Mrs.

I guess i dont get why they deserve X amount of respect. They all blew who they needed to blow to acquire their position. Big fucking deal.

cindy25
01-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Santorum could probably win his old seat back if he supports Ron for President, and agrees to oppose SOPA

Root
01-19-2012, 08:03 AM
Comcast is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA and employes several thousand people throughout the state. They also control Universal Studio's entire media library.