PDA

View Full Version : CNN "Republican Debate of the Year Tomorrow" - Will let them "just go at it"

Havax
01-18-2012, 01:15 PM
On front right of Drudge. Ron MUST be ready to interject his voice in the debate and look like the adult in the room. Expose them as a bunch of status quo politicans arguing over style not substance and he's the only real change. I hope he's ready because if not Romney-Newt will get 75% of the speaking time.

PastaRocket848
01-18-2012, 01:21 PM
sometimes that is for the best. frankly the last debate would've been better for him had they ignored him the entire last hour.

silverhandorder
01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
I would say 25% of speaking time in 5 man debate is a good thing :D.

Nubraskan
01-18-2012, 01:30 PM
sometimes that is for the best. frankly the last debate would've been better for him had they ignored him the entire last hour.

That's easy to say about a war mongering crowd booing our peace candidate. But if he was afraid of booing I may not have ever heard his message in the first place.

Havax
01-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I would say 25% of speaking time in 5 man debate is a good thing :D.

Not when your 25% is divided up amongst Santorum and Perry.

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 01:55 PM
sigh...

Ron just has old fashioned good manners. He simply doesn't like interrupting people.

Clem Kadiddlehopper
01-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Let's hope they don't choose to just put the candidates around a table without a moderator, or something along that line. RP is such a gentlemen, and so non-aggressive. He'd probably be little more than a spectator like the rest of us.

Bern
01-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Ron just needs to focus on speaking clearly and coherently. If he avoids rambling, he'll be fine. He would be well served to learn how to use a pause for emphasis and dramatic effect.

zach
01-18-2012, 02:00 PM
This is good, I can bring some popcorn and beer as I watch Santorum attack Mitt who attacks Newt who attacks Ron ... and then I can just watch Perry as an outsider. :D

Edward
01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Let's hope they don't choose to just put the candidates around a table without a moderator, or something along that line. RP is such a gentlemen, and so non-aggressive. He'd probably be little more than a spectator like the rest of us.

I though Ron was very strong in this round-table debate....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o038RvQW90

szczebrzeszyn
01-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Ron just has old fashioned good manners. He simply doesn't like interrupting people.

Whatever the reason, this is just not his thing. People were praying and screaming for that in '08 during the debates, but he just stood there waiting for his turn. If he could be as agressive as the rest of the pack, he would be polling distant #1. The debates moderation is a joke and one has to fight for his time. Ron won't do it, unfortunately. Anybody who was around in '08 should know that already.

Clem Kadiddlehopper
01-18-2012, 02:15 PM

That debate had a moderator. You must have misread my comment.

Natural Citizen
01-18-2012, 02:17 PM
The statesman would do well to transist foreign policy with education. Particularly science. That's how you truly tackle foreign policy.

Edward
01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
That debate had a moderator. You must have misread my comment.

I did miss the "without". Sorry. This one is to be moderated by John King. (Be nice to Dana Bash tomorrow.)

alucard13mmfmj
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Ron just needs to focus on speaking clearly and coherently. If he avoids rambling, he'll be fine. He would be well served to learn how to use a pause for emphasis and dramatic effect.

yeah. even in english classes and public speaking classes they teach you to instead of saying "umm" or "uhhh" just dont say anything as a place holder. pausing is much better than umm or uhh.

Xenophage
01-18-2012, 02:21 PM
The debates are circuses. Just a reality TV special dressed up in patriotic themes. It's really stupid and depressing. The Idiocracy is here.

GHoeberX
01-18-2012, 02:22 PM
On front right of Drudge. Ron MUST be ready to interject his voice in the debate and look like the adult in the room. Expose them as a bunch of status quo politicans arguing over style not substance and he's the only real change. I hope he's ready because if not Romney-Newt will get 75% of the speaking time.

The most important thing to realize for Ron Paul is to speak with periods!! He has to make his debating responses no longer then 60 to 90 seconds.

Maximus
01-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Paul is actually better when things get testy. Don't mind this at all.

Edward
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Paul is actually better when things get testy. Don't mind this at all.

Yep. It allows his passion to show through and it is genuine. People can tell the difference between that and the claptrap spouted by the others.

Student Of Paulism
01-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Eh...have to agree with others about this. Ron may wind up looking like the guy/girl no one pays attention to and who stands in some corner at a big party, and goes unnoticed. He just doesn't have the soul for this kinda thing and is too good natured to put people down and get in their faces. Santorum and Newt will probably dominate something like this.

As much as i hate Santorum, hes done VERY well in the last few debates. The 1st of the ones before NH, he went right after Mitt immediately, attacked Ron tons of times, and then again in the last one, he made Mitt look bad several times. I just wish Ron would snap out of it and call these fuckers out and just go off on them rather than being Mr Nice Guy. He probably thinks it would make him look bad, but thats the farthest thing from the truth. People WANT to see this. They want to see a guy get fired up and fight hard for his goals. It is the simple mob mentality of the 'gladitorial games'. This was exactly why Newt blew up in the polls months ago (until people looked at his record more and seen what a goblin he is).

Clem Kadiddlehopper
01-18-2012, 02:37 PM
SC is a state full of rednecks. Intellectual arguments go right over their heads most of the time. You have to remember that SC is like 2nd to last in education. RP can be himself, but he does have a strong side and he needs to let it show if he wants a decent finish in the primary.

Publicani
01-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Ron Paul should spend time explaining why he's going negative. Bush lied with foreign and domestic policies when he was running (small gov), Obama lied. "You fooled me once..." how many times you want to be fooled? Look at the record of people who are running not at what they are saying now based on polls and focus groups. The media doesn't help you. That's why I am making my ads.
I use their own records. Their own votes. Their own words.
None of the rest is for the small gov.

Bruno
01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Confident he is being prepped for this debate format and how and when to interject.

PastaRocket848
01-18-2012, 03:14 PM
That's easy to say about a war mongering crowd booing our peace candidate. But if he was afraid of booing I may not have ever heard his message in the first place.

news flash: we're running in the primary of a warmongering party. sure 46% of republicans aren't warmongers according to recent polling, but all of the ones that matter to the electoral process are.

Flirtnwitdisaster
01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
If Romney's income tax filings come up again, Ron Paul should say "If we were to go to a zero percent income tax, as I have suggested, we wouldn't need to see anyone's income tax forms."

Southron
01-18-2012, 03:32 PM
If it's going to be another WWE crowd, he needs to practice one liners about the Constitution and things like national sovereignty.

Vet_from_cali
01-18-2012, 03:34 PM
INB4 hes on the very end and doesn't get much speaking time the whole night. The last perofmrance they had he got a whole 1 minute of speaking time in the first 30 minutes of the debate. If he seriously wants to win this he is going to have to be more aggresive and jump in more. Sitting on the sideline isn't going to win him votes.

doctorfunk
01-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Confident he is being prepped for this debate format and how and when to interject.
I hope so, but I doubt it.

Evangelical_Protestant
01-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Seeing that Ron Paul is a true man of God, and not just pandering like the rest of the "Christian" candidates who desire to "kill america's enemies", I think he would do good to emphasize the principles of Jesus. He has the ace of spades to instantly convert most Christians to his side, but he never uses this card. I think maybe his strategy is that he doesn't want non-believers to be put off by him, but I think non-believers only despise hypocritical christians, not the true Christians who actually practice the message of piece, goodwill, and love. I actually think that non-believers ADMIRE Christians who truly radiate goodness and gentleness in obedience to the Word. C'mon Ron, you got this brother.

tuggy24g
01-18-2012, 10:52 PM
According to drudge report a source came out about the Cnn debate on Jan 19 that "WE ARE GOING TO LET THEM JUST GO AT IT'"

Now I am not sure what it really means, but just thought I let you all know about this. So this might be the chance were Ron Paul can finally get time and speak his mind. Also get his views and ideas go plus bash the others at the same time.

PaleoPaul
01-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Ron Paul had BETTER be prepared!!! This is his CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kusok
01-18-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't understand WHY they have these debates. The debates are an embarrassment, what is the point? is it ratings? income from ads? What exactly is the point? Does GOP think this helps Romney beat Obama???

01-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Maybe jello wrestling? That's how much of a joke this race and these debates have become. :(

virginiakid
01-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Sounds like it is going to be a real cat fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoWC6qwdS88&feature=related

clint4liberty
01-18-2012, 11:31 PM
This just chime in on every question. I have not had an equal time in the first x number of the debates. I paid for the microphone and this debate is going to be different. We are at a debate trying make a crucial decision on who is going to be the next President not a contestant on American Idol.

dfalken
01-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Seeing that Ron Paul is a true man of God, and not just pandering like the rest of the "Christian" candidates who desire to "kill america's enemies", I think he would do good to emphasize the principles of Jesus. He has the ace of spades to instantly convert most Christians to his side, but he never uses this card. I think maybe his strategy is that he doesn't want non-believers to be put off by him, but I think non-believers only despise hypocritical christians, not the true Christians who actually practice the message of piece, goodwill, and love. I actually think that non-believers ADMIRE Christians who truly radiate goodness and gentleness in obedience to the Word. C'mon Ron, you got this brother.

Out of the people I know, the most screwed up ones (liars, adulterers, egomaniacs, corrupt, etc) tend to be the biggest bible thumpers. I think it is an inner struggle to pretend to be good while being totally fucked up.

jacmicwag
01-18-2012, 11:36 PM

Never happen my friend.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Out of the people I know, the most screwed up ones (liars, adulterers, egomaniacs, corrupt, etc) tend to be the biggest bible thumpers. I think it is an inner struggle to pretend to be good while being totally fucked up.

Beware of a fox in sheep's clothing

BamaAla
01-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Hopefully the crowd will be better. I have 5 friends that are going, so that's about 5 more pro liberty folks than last time!

ETA: I hope they aren't really going to just let them go at it. Ron will not excel in that arena; he will get run over by the more boisterous candidates. A 76 year old man doesn't just wake up one day with a totally different personality and style.

Tod
01-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Here is RP's chance to show leadership and turn the free-for-all into an organized, fair debate by claiming ownership over the network.

LIKE A BOSS

BigByrd47119
01-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Hopefully he is starting to get really pissed off at the world (like I am, you know what I am talking about) and lets it show on the stage. Its time to make demands. Think of it as good practice should the campaign not win the nomination outright and has to go to plan B...

nasaal
01-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Wish we could get a rally together to get him pumped up. Have them cheer him on before the debate and push him to smash these guys. Ron Paul has fire, I've seen it many times. He just tries to keep it under control, time to let out the beast.

Barrex
01-19-2012, 01:30 AM
Hopefully the crowd will be better. I have 5 friends that are going, so that's about 5 more pro liberty folks than last time!

ETA: I hope they aren't really going to just let them go at it. Ron will not excel in that arena; he will get run over by the more boisterous candidates. A 76 year old man doesn't just wake up one day with a totally different personality and style.

What are you talking about?
He went after Santorum....and kicked his ass. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi12aVa3psc)
He went after Perry....and kicked his ass. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzKZH7Uip48)
He went after Bachman....and kicked her ass. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW9-RRRD14I)
He went after Newt.....and kicked his ass. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6drYuIRErY)(my favorite)

When time is right Ron will show what he can:
http://gamersguild.co/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/drive_me_closer_i_want_to_hit_them_with_my_sword.p ng

nicname
01-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Yep. It allows his passion to show through and it is genuine. People can tell the difference between that and the claptrap spouted by the others.

Exactly! Most all of my favorite RP debate clips are when he seems a bit agitated and speaks with a stern tone of voice. It is in these moments where he rarely stumbles, rambles or loses the attention of the average audience member/ voter.

ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAK1Gyb6ra0

affa
01-19-2012, 02:28 AM
Ron Paul won over all of us... speaking exactly as he does.
Ron Paul gets called a 'rockstar' by the media for the crowds he gathers... speaking exactly as he does.
Ron Paul has popularized criticism of the Fed... speaking exactly as he does.

And on and on and on. He's not going to change now. Silly to expect him to. All we can hope is he gets riled up and lays the smack down.

ord33
01-19-2012, 02:42 AM

That was definitely the best environment for him. It was hosted by Bloomberg and focused on economic issues and monetary policy. It was right in his sweet spot for sure! He made Cain look like a fool...twice!

cindy25
01-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Newt will be on defense all night because of his execs interview; Romney because of the Caymans; Newt is a great debater on offense but on defense he gets nasty and whiny; Romney looks guilty when he is on defense.

and SOPA changed the world since the last debate.

noxnoctum
01-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Hopefully he goes off like he did on the Morton Downey show.

alucard13mmfmj
01-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Ron Paul needs to get angry... He seems to have a lot of passion when angry. He really glows and talk with a lot of confidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epvmNF-uaus

Jester6193
01-19-2012, 03:00 AM

+1 I agree wholeheartedly