PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Ad on Foreign Policy

SamuraisWisdom
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
The thread about the rewrite in MSNBC regarding Paul's first class flights got me thinking about an ad idea to convince people to at least consider Ron's foreign policy. People have been complaining that TRUST is one of the biggest issues with government officials and that greed and corruption ruin the governmental process. Well, what if we were to create an ad that highlighted Ron's consistency (particularly on fiscal issues, like the first class plane tickets) and then segmented into something like "Paul proves he is trustworthy and honest. He will not sway, will not pander, and will not tell you what you WANT to hear. He will tell you what you NEED to hear, which is why when it comes to foreign policy, Paul is the one to trust..." then it continues on from there. Now, I am no ad expert and have no idea if this will work, but it sounded pretty good and I'd like some feedback on how to make it better. Your thoughts?

SamuraisWisdom
01-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Shameless self promotional bump

cartemj06
01-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Just my .02.

Judging by the general public and their inability to see the connections between economics and foreign policy as well as Mitt's political past I see two issues. the first is that no one knows the candidates' back-stories, their records or their platforms they seem to get most of their info from political talk pundits and the debates themselves. The general disconnect in the economic vs foreign policy issues and not realizing the implication and relationships leads me to believe that they won't translate trustworthiness in one area to another. The end result I see would be a well made ad with a good message that will have little to no real impact at poll time.