PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Boo Ron Paul's Mention Of Golden Rule

TomL
01-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Rick Perry has been saying that we need to get Barack Obama out of the White House because he would turn this country into something we won't be able to recognize. I already don't recognize it.

When a mere mention of the Golden Rule is booed in an Evangelical Christian Republican crowd as it was in the Republican debate in South Carolina, on FOX, Monday night, January 16, shows that this country is already unrecognizable, at least to me.

When I was growing up, no matter what the crowd was, even liberal Democrats would not have booed the Golden Rule. Religious or not, people have always respected the Golden Rule. Apparently Republicans don't anymore.

If we would only practice the Golden Rule, individually and nationally, many of the problems we have probably wouldn't exist. What if Congress would treat others the way they want to be treated? Would they be spending us into oblivion? Would they pass laws that force people to buy insurance?

What if we treated other nations as we want to be treated? We probably wouldn't have all the enemies we have and wouldn't have been in all the wars we've been in since World War 2, wars that only drained our resources in treasure and people. And that is all Ron Paul has been saying, yet he got a round of boos just for mentioning the Golden Rule.

One of the reasons I am a Republican is because in recent history, the Republican Party has respected the Christian religion. Now, I hear Republicans booing the mention of the Golden Rule which indicates that is no longer the case.

Rick Perry also mentioned the way Barack Obama is attacking Christianity. But, where was he when a bunch of unruly Republicans booed Ron Paul for mentioning the Golden Rule, a foundational tenet of Christianity. And, for that matter, where was Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich both of whom claims to be a Christian, yet remained silent when the Golden Rule came under attack by Republicans. They could have at least said, "I disagree with Ron Paul's application of the Golden Rule, but to boo when the Golden Rule is mentioned is just wrong." But none of them even said that. And Mitt Romney was a missionary for his church. Where was he when the Golden Rule was being attacked?

Philhelm
01-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Fascism. American Flag. Cross. You know the score.

TomL
01-19-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't believe there is much hope for the Republican Party. It's dying.

First, they boo Ron Paul's mention of the Golden Rule at the FOX debate this week. Tonight at the CNN debate they cheered Newt's defense of his infidelity.

After this primary season, I'm done with the Republican Party. It seems the grassroots, especially in South Carolina is just as corrupt as the RNC, and the Iowa State Republican Party.

By the way, have you heard that Ron Paul was the actual winner in Iowa. But the Iowa Republican Party conveniently lost votes from precincts in areas that went strongly for Ron Paul. The IRP stole the election from Ron Paul and gave it to Romney, at least at first. Now they are giving it to Santorum, and they are ignoring the effect their incompetence had on Ron Paul. But I think that was by design.

In my opinion, it's time for the Republican Party to be replaced.