PDA

View Full Version : DailyPaul blacks out over SOPA

Agorism
01-17-2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/

DailyPaul blacks out for SOPA protest

Emptyeternity
01-18-2012, 02:07 AM
i respect that they are doing this, but its F@#$ annoying that you can't read a post!!!!

menoname
01-18-2012, 02:14 AM
The youtube still works on there. lol

DamianTV
01-18-2012, 02:17 AM
i respect that they are doing this, but its F@#$ annoying that you can't read a post!!!!

You can still read it. You have to drag your mouse cursor over the text so it "Selects" the text. It is just Black Text on a Back Background. Highlighting it makes the text the opposite color.

Also, Wikipedia has gone into blackout mode as well.

Kluge
01-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Heh. It's supposed to be annoying and make users question "what would the Internet be without this information?" English Wikipedia currently uses JS to prevent people from reading articles. In a pinch, you can try hitting the "stop loading" button on your browser after an article loads, but before the screen changes -- or just disable JavaScript on your browser. Even Google's changed their logo specifically for this political message, which is unprecedented AFAIK.

LibertyRevolution
01-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Firefox with noscript and adblock makes wiki load normal.
I don't see a single message about SOPA anywhere, accept for at the top the Ron Paul Forums (becuase I allow all of this page).

brandon
01-18-2012, 11:02 AM
In a pinch, you can try hitting the "stop loading" button on your browser after an article loads, but before the screen changes -- or just disable JavaScript on your browser.

Even easier way - just press escape before the SOPA banner loads