PDA

View Full Version : National Review website excluding Ron Paul from Who Won the Debate Poll

jemuf
01-17-2012, 11:30 PM
NationalReview.com is excluding Ron Paul from the poll on it's homepage: "Putting aside Paul, who won the debate"

Newt "Pelosi's Right Hand Man" GINGRICH is ahead with 31% and Rick "Al Gore's Texas Cheerleader" PERRY is behind at 6%.

Saying you're going to exclude someone doesn't make it right.

Schiff_FTW
01-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Who cares, that's neocon central, if we just ignore them they'll continue to fade away into obscurity.

thoughtomator
01-17-2012, 11:33 PM
they also moderate sensible and polite comments out of existence if they refute neocon tenets of faith

goldwater's ghost
01-17-2012, 11:58 PM
sad. there was a time, in the heyday of william f buckley when that magazine was great. its gone to the dogs in the last two decades. this was intelligent conservatism not the flag waving, get er done, jesus hates muslims, make the world safe for freedom fries variety we get today as a poor substitute. i disagreed with buckley often but his arguments were intelligent and made you really think

paul is great here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VIvqyrxbL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JeNIX2x9j8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bejkvS9Ol4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZH9j_d-WUw&feature=related

Edward
01-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Voted Perry to FU their results.

toast
01-18-2012, 12:21 AM
hahaha holy sh*t

hxxp://www.nationalreview.com/

Scroll down just a bit, it's in the center column... not really surprising I guess. But still.

Paulistinian
01-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Why would you break the link and not share the results here?

MJU1983
01-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Anytime Paul isn't a choice I vote for the worst choice...Perry it is!

moonbat
01-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Not much of a choice there...

bricklayer
01-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Yea, I voted Perry, too. GMTA?

pappy
01-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Wow!

The stink of fear is overwhelming! Putting aside Paul!

These people are like little kids putting their fingers in their kids in there ears chanting, Lalalalalalalalal! I cant hear you! I cant hear you!

Just Wow!

:-)

pappy

JJ2
01-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Everyone vote for Perry!!! Show them they can't get away with things like this!

ShaneEnochs
01-18-2012, 12:51 AM
My vote for perry doesn't seem to go through.

Sullivan*
01-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem that for every 10 irrationally stupid neocons who comment on that article, there may be one or two (who are against Paul) who actually make logical arguments with valid points? I think what I've been seeing a little bit too much lately is a lot of my fellow Paul supporters disparaging the rest of the Republican party for being loose-lipped neocons. At the end of the day, isn't the beef we have with the media and Fox News that they generalize us to the point of condemning the whole for the actions of a very vocal minority? Seems to me that there's a general lack of distinction between these subgroups.

I would caution our movement to recall that famous rallying cry of our base: we're a Republic, not a democracy! Dissent is the bedrock of liberty. We should stop being antagonistic - that's Ron's job. It's his campaign, and ultimately his responsibility for his message. What we should be doing is fostering a climate for real debate, not putting people on defense. It's not only our job to sway public opinion in favor of our founding principles, but to avoid steeling the minds of our fellow patriots against the cause of liberty but for the ramblings of a few. I hold myself to be among those who I would admonish, because I am guilty of the same as much or more than others.

And at the same time that I put forward my thoughts for discussion, I remind myself that I am, again, but one among many, and hold my own thoughts and beliefs only to myself. After all, I've only been here since October, and I hold no illusion as to how much my participation in this cause has meant, which is to say, very little.

Lucille
01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
AmConMag tweet:

@amconmag Want to divide the GOP and give Obama 4 more years? Go ahead - mock Ron Paul. bit.ly/zwPIdS

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/2012/01/18/ignoring-ron-paul/

[The reader's comment follows:] Yeah, let’s “put aside” Paul, but not put aside the guy who got less than 1% in N.H. (Perry), the guy who got 4th place in Iowa and N.H. (Gingrich), and the fifth place finisher in NH (Santorum). No, they are all viable. Paul — the guy who got 20% plus in both — he’s not viable.

I tell you what, while Romney will likely win the nomination, Ron Paul could single handedly put a wrecking ball to the GOP’s chances in 2012. He holds the key to so many enthusiastic supporters. If these folks at NR and others in the GOP establishment want to snicker and make fun of the man garnering significant support in the primaries, they do so at their own peril. Paul, unlike any other primary challenger, won’t fall into line so easily (remember, he didn’t endorse McCain in ’08).

They want to divide this party and give Obama 4 more years? Go ahead — mock Ron Paul. See how that works for you.

puppetmaster
01-18-2012, 01:23 PM
stop giving them traffic guys

sailingaway
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
stop giving them traffic guys

this. We reward those who treat us well. Let them dry up and blow away.