PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get more money donated on the 16th

justinc.1089
11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
I have seen some topics talking about ways to bring in more donation money on the 16th so I figured I would make a thread to include all the ways we think of. Here are some I know off the top of my head, but I know there are more, so as you name them I will add them to the list:

1. Donate your own money of course. Donate as much as you can from the money you don't absolutely need for bills and such.

2. Ebay! Lets auction off everything but our left arm. Afterall, we need that to pay for gas and income tax lol! Then you can add the money you make off of your ebay auction/sales to the donation you were already able to make.

3. Get other people to donate! Try to talk 6-7 people into donating that you know like Ron Paul. Out of that many, you will probably get 2 or 3 I would think, especially if you say something like "There's going to be a record setting historic fundraising push for Paul on the 16th so you should buy a bumper sticker and a yard sign that day! It will count as a donation so you will be part of it and get some cool Ron Paul stuff."

4. Promote! If you're one of those special internet talented people do that stuff. If you're not talented but use the internet go through sites like myspace and facebook where you can communicate with lots of people by sending out friend requests and such. If you don't like the internet get with your local meet.com group for Paul and find out what they're going to do. Printing off fliers on your computer and handing them out to let people know whats happening will help too. Or you can call news media to get their attention on the subject. You could also take an add out in a local paper for the Dec.16th event including Ron Paul's name, the teaparty07.com site, ronpaul2008.com, the BTP theme, and whatever else is important that I missed lol.

justinc.1089
11-11-2007, 12:20 AM
bump, this is important I think

terlinguatx
11-11-2007, 12:22 AM

Flirple
11-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Tell your friends and family to donate to Ron on the 16th instead of giving you Christmas presents. Just tell them to put the confirmation number in a Christmas card for you and call it good!

Jobarra
11-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Don't forget Group Yard Sales on Dec 15th. Kill two birds with one stone. You drive people to a house with Ron Paul supporters talking about him and you also make money to donate. Wish someone would sticky my thread or at least put a link to it in the ideas section of a Dec 15th sticky thread :(

Paul4Prez
11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Here's an idea:

Quit smoking for the next month, and donate the money you save. You might even kick the habit!

Non-smokers can cut back on over-priced coffee drinks.

cien750hp
11-11-2007, 02:31 PM
or cut back on drinking, stop going to the movies, sell any giftcards you have laying around online, don't buy bottled water, there is a million things you could do, even just cutting back a lttle on multiple things could save you a ton of money

Paul4Prez
11-11-2007, 02:42 PM
More money saving ideas:

Brown bag your lunch for a month (4 days a week out of 5 would save a lot)

Walk/bike to work to save on gas

Find a better job?

Find a cheaper cell phone plan, if you can get out of the one you have.

Move to a cheaper apartment.

Man from La Mancha
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Don't forget the number one thing is PR, 100 million people have to know it is happening and why, then we will get the 1 million to give $100 for $100 mil.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2926/brighton5mj7.gif (teaparty07.com)

..copy and paste in emails and more

Wayne Hammond
11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Don't forget the number one thing is PR, 100 million people have to know it is happening and why, then we will get the 1 million to give $100 for $100 mil.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4121/brightron2tt6.gif (www.teaparty07.com)..copy and paste in emails and more

Can 'ya slow that animation down a bit? :eek:

I'd use it if my old eyes could read it that fast, but it's a bit too fast :(

Wayne Hammond
11-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Here's an animated gif that you might want to use:

http://www.jackhyles.com/SlideShow.gif