PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul = A Constitutional Veto: Use this Argument

Gumba of Liberty
01-17-2012, 09:35 PM
A great method for convincing undecided voters that Dr. Paul is the right choice for president is to emphasize the "Constitutional Veto". People who like Dr. Paul but do not agree with him on everything (translation: understand the concept of liberty) often make statements like:

"I like Dr. Paul but he has never been successful in congress. How could he possibly make a difference if no one in congress agrees with him?"

or

"Ron Paul is great in theory but it would never work in the White House."

or

"He only passed one bill in congress, he really gets things done!"

I think a great way to combat this thinking is to say something along the lines of, "Hey I think your right. I think what Dr. Paul wants to do is in large contrast to the corrupt system we see in Washington today. Will Ron Paul be able to pass everything in his proposals? No. The reason I am voting for Dr. Paul is that he will in effect be a Constitutional Veto on our criminal gang of 535. He is the only one principled enough to stand up for the American People and our Rights. Do you trust Romney or Obama to protect our Rights when they both support NDAA? It is easy to follow the crowd. I would rather vote for an individual brave enough to vote alone."

I think selling Ron Paul as a "Constitutional Veto" will help people see how he can be an effective leader. With well informed politicos I would add his power over executive orders into the conversation.

If people don't like that argument your rebuttal can always be "Don't you like the Constitution?" They get pretty flabbergasted.

Try this out and let me know if it works.