PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Policy Video could change everything

Xelaetaks
01-17-2012, 08:59 PM
It's not so hard notice many of the talking heads sometimes say how they agree with everything but Foreign Policy with Ron Paul.

Before when I noticed Sarah Palin on Hannity I watched for a few minutes and saw her and Hannity basically saying you can't alienate Ron Paul's supporters but that the people don't agree with RP on his foreign policy regardless of what you want to call it.

So with that said I think a snappy 2-3 minute campaign video on foreign policy could really be a game changer. Something that says we could be the safest country in the nation even without always being at war.

Don't know if the campaign has something planned but the ball is in their court on this one, I know many here have spoken out about this too. I guess time will tell if they do something related to this to get the mainstream talking about this.

Also he did address this well in the beginning of last night's debate but it seems the media will probably ignore that like they often do with the Ron Paul r3voltuion.

coffeewithchess
01-17-2012, 09:03 PM
They need to call it, "To the right of Obama..."

Compare how President Obama is continuing the policies of President Clinton, with nation building, and how the Republican party left it's message, and RP has stuck with it.
Show how RP is running to the right of President Obama, with the Constitution being to the right, and all the other candidates aligned left with President Obama.

Lavitz
01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Ron already did this after one of the earlier debates (I think it was the one where he was booed for quoting Bin Laden) and yes, it was ignored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoYGAxF-zWE

Xelaetaks
01-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Ron already did this after one of the earlier debates (I think it was the one where he was booed for quoting Bin Laden) and yes, it was ignored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoYGAxF-zWE

I mean something with the production of the campaign ads. Something hard hitting that makes people think and can convince people that you can have strong defense without endless war, etc...

Lavitz
01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
I mean something with the production of the campaign ads. Something hard hitting that makes people think and can convince people that you can have strong defense without endless war, etc...

I see. If the campaign did do something like that, I'd imagine they'd do it in the style of the serial hypocrisy ad: 2-3 minute version goes up online, media talks about it, airs clips from it, builds up buzz, then the campaign would release an abridged one minute version for use as a TV ad. I really don't see why they would make a 2-3 minute version and leave it at that since they'd have already invested the money in producing it, and there's a much higher risk with this type of video that the media would completely ignore it, since it would require an intelligent discussion of Ron's foreign policy.

It's actually not a bad idea, but it seems we're still not getting any regular ads on electability or the social security transition from the campaign, let alone an extended foreign policy ad. One can hope though...

thoughtomator
01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKfuS6gfxPY

pass it around - this one is aimed to conservatives, soft libertarians, and intellectuals