PDA

View Full Version : I just went to Mexico yesterday morning...

Matt Collins
11-10-2007, 10:39 PM
... and let me tell you I feel VERY fortunate to be living in the United States!

Sir VotesALot
11-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Close the border now!

Matt Collins
11-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Open borders and unsecured borders are not one in the same.

Lord Xar
11-10-2007, 11:40 PM
cool.. just wait.... in another 5 years, you can come here - california, and be in Mexico.....
Then you can say "goodness I live in Oregon'....

Matt Collins
11-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Lol

Mortikhi
11-11-2007, 05:16 PM
... and let me tell you I feel VERY fortunate to be living in the United States!
...for now.

kylejack
11-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Citizen, you live in the North American Union, which now includes Mexico. Stand by for body cavity search.

Pete Kay
11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I used to live on the border at El Paso, Texas and I'll tell anyone that Mexico is the biggest dunghole that I have ever seen. I'm talking aout urine soaks streets and garbage everywhere and this is in the tourist part of town! I have never even set foot in the slums but the endless shanty towns were clearly visible from the US side of the border. I have travelled all over the world and I have never seen such a run down country like Mexico. And to think that Mexico is our next door neighbor.

xao
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
this is yet another reason why american people want their borders secured.

CodeMonkey
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM

I've been here on business for a week and a half and I whole-heartedly agree...

PatriotG
11-11-2007, 06:53 PM
this is yet another reason why american people want their borders secured.

Ill drink to that!

PatriotG

nathanmn
11-11-2007, 06:59 PM
I used to live on the border at El Paso, Texas and I'll tell anyone that Mexico is the biggest dunghole that I have ever seen. I'm talking aout urine soaks streets and garbage everywhere and this is in the tourist part of town! I have never even set foot in the slums but the endless shanty towns were clearly visible from the US side of the border. I have travelled all over the world and I have never seen such a run down country like Mexico. And to think that Mexico is our next door neighbor.

I've seen beautiful pictures of parts of Mexico full of mansions and nice houses. I bet if a Mexican's first impression of the United States was St Louis or New Orleans they might think America was a crap hole too. There is a lot of poverty in Mexico, but there are also real nice areas.

AdoubleR
11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I've seen beautiful pictures of parts of Mexico full of mansions and nice houses. I bet if a Mexican's first impression of the United States was St Louis or New Orleans they might think America was a crap hole too. There is a lot of poverty in Mexico, but there are also real nice areas.

And its very likely that American Foreign Policy has a lot do do with Mexico's poverty???

constituent
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM

yep.

fascism is the problem. we'll be driven to it eventually if we're not careful, with or without the mexicans.

ChooseLiberty
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Mexico is still run by the same group of Spaniards (and now some Lebanese) that conquered it in the first place.

The have a government of men, not laws. That's one of the reasons illegal Mexicans can't understand why they can't just beg their way to legality in the US. So far anyway. Of course we know which way America is going.

Matt Collins
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
I bet if a Mexican's first impression of the United States was St Louis or New Orleans they might think America was a crap hole too. There is a lot of poverty in Mexico, but there are also real nice areas.
I used to do some volunteer work in the homeless part of some major cities, and let me tell you that Nuevo Laredo reminded me very much of the US urban slums. However I would say that Mexico was actually worse. And that is the norm. The nice parts you speak of are very much the exception.

Matt Collins
11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
I used to live on the border at El Paso, Texas and I'll tell anyone that Mexico is the biggest dunghole that I have ever seen. I'm talking aout urine soaks streets and garbage everywhere and this is in the tourist part of town!That was my experience as well.

My first thought was "what a dump". Even just 1 block across the border it was nasty like a US inner city slum. And this was the TOURIST AREA!

I had 6 people come up and try to sell me everything from hookers, to a donkey show, to drugs (prescription and other). It was very uncomfortable because EVERYONE in town was looking at the lone white boy who spoke no Spanish was walking the streets of a Mexican town.

And of course I couldn't take my knife with me "just in case" because any weapons found on an American over there means a straight trip to jail.

It was a very uhhh...err... educational experience.

OURPLAN
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I got so sick in Mexico once from ordering ICE in my drink.
Never a good idea.
By the time I got back to Cali, it kicked in.
I was dehydrated, hospitalized, and given three I-V's!!
At the time, I really didn't think
I was going to make it.

Oh, but man, those fruity chick-lets RULE!

Tsoman
11-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I doubt that border towns are an accurate representation of the entire country.

Man from La Mancha
11-11-2007, 09:51 PM
The one reason that Mexico is they way it is, Jesuit Vatican Catholic Church supporting the ruling oligarchy and they supporting the Vatican. (please note this is not towards the normal catholic priests or lay people that are as much dupes as everyone else)

General Lafayette, 1799 Aide to Washington........ Romanism: A Menace to the Nation

"It is my opinion that if the liberties of this country - the United States of America - are destroyed, it will be by the subtlety of the Roman Catholic Jesuit priests, for they are the most crafty, dangerous enemies to civil and religious liberty. They have instigated most of the wars of Europe."

President John Adams - ."John Adams, letter to Thomas Jefferson, May 5, 1816

"Shall we not have regular swarms of them here, in as many disguises as only a king of the gypsies can assume, dressed as painters, publishers, writers, and schoolmasters? If ever there was a body of men who merited eternal damnation on Earth and in Hell it is this Society of Loyola's

General Porfirio Diaz - Reversed the heretical treason of Benito Juarez and restored the great Jesuit repression of Mexico 1876-1911. In 1914 the 2nd cleansing of Mexico was arranged by the Jesuit General while the world was focused on WWI. The cleansing lasted 30 years and killed more than a million Mexican heretics.

-- John Adams, letter to Thomas Jefferson, June 20, 1815
The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles?

Corydoras
11-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Tangential: Ironically, John Adams attended Catholic masses on very rare occasions and remarked to his wife on their splendor.

Matt Collins
11-11-2007, 11:41 PM
I doubt that boarder towns are an accurate representation of the entire country.So you think the rest of the country is better than the border towns?

Matt Collins
11-11-2007, 11:54 PM
I got so sick in Mexico once from ordering ICE in my drink.
Never a good idea.
By the time I got back to Cali, it kicked in.
I was dehydrated, hospitalized, and given three I-V's!!
At the time, I really didn't think
I was going to make it.

Oh, but man, those fruity chick-lets RULE!
Yeah - every little 9 year old in town was trying to sell me chicklets. Kinda strange.

And if you read the State Department website they tell you not to drink the water or ice down there.

Call me when you get a chance, let's talk about this :p

Tsoman
11-12-2007, 01:15 AM
So you think the rest of the country is better than the border towns?

yea, definitely, in some respects.

Is the interior safer? I don't know.

But the major cities are pretty modern (especially when you compare them to a lot of the other countries in the world)

When I lived in Bogota Colombia for a little while (which I think is poorer than Mexico) it definitely wasn't as bad as how we generally perceive Latin America ... of course there were slums such as Ciudad Bolivar and others. As long as you stay away from those places, it's a pretty nice place to be.

seapilot
11-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Bogota is nice in the Rosales area, nice malls just as good as anything in USA. They are starting to turn things around there now. Interesting History with Simon Bolivar, temporarly united Venezuela, Colombia and Ecuador to be one country like the United States in the early 1800s. Too bad it fell apart. Oh and Colombians still are not happy that the USA took Panama when they built the Panama Canal. Teddy Rooselvelt was a bit of an interventionist.

Matt Collins
11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh and Colombians still are not happy that the USA took Panama when they built the Panama Canal. Teddy Rooselvelt was a bit of an interventionist.Yeah - the Roosevelts really were very bad people. The rest of the world doesn't "hate us because we are free" they hate us because we have dictated to them, taken their land, and screwed them over and over again purely for our own interests. :mad: