PDA

View Full Version : From the " I cannot believe it is not an Onion article" bin......

phill4paul
01-17-2012, 05:01 PM
VA AG Fears DC Law May Relocate Rat 'Families' to Virginia

"(CNSNews.com) -- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli says he is worried that a new District of Columbia law that governs how pest control operators must handle rats may result in entire rodent “families” being relocated across the Potomac River into Virginia by D.C. pest control personnel."

More insanity here....

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/va-ag-fears-dc-law-may-relocate-rat-families-virginia

KCIndy
01-17-2012, 05:05 PM
The law does not allow pest control professionals “to kill the dang rats,” Cuccinelli told CNSNews.com. “They have to capture them--then capture them in families. [Not sure] how you’re going to figure that out with rats. And then you have to relocate them.

Gaaahh!!

"Double facepalm" doesn't even *begin* to cover it.... Un. Freakin'. Believable.

Revolution9
01-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Do the grinch and the mannequin have any family?

Rev9

kill the banks
01-17-2012, 05:13 PM
newt could adopt them .. he's a rat

specsaregood
01-17-2012, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't want politician families being relocated into my state either.

phill4paul
01-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Do the grinch and the mannequin have any family?

Rev9

Get outta my head, man. First thing I thought.

phill4paul
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Still, perhaps we insult the rat when comparing them to D.C. trash...

Icymudpuppy
01-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Most states bar the relocation of nuisance wildlife. So the pest control operators in DC are going to find themselves in a tough situation. They can't kill them or release them in DC, and they can't release them in VA or MD either. So, they'll have to figure out some other way of dealing with pests. Not just the rats, but the Raccoons, Skunks, Opossums, etc ad nauseum. Silly Animal Rightists. They'll be over-run in no time.

onlyrp
01-17-2012, 08:40 PM
thanks vegetarians and animal rights activists.

phill4paul
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Most states bar the relocation of nuisance wildlife. So the pest control operators in DC are going to find themselves in a tough situation. They can't kill them or release them in DC, and they can't release them in VA or MD either. So, they'll have to figure out some other way of dealing with pests. Not just the rats, but the Raccoons, Skunks, Opossums, etc ad nauseum. Silly Animal Rightists. They'll be over-run in no time.

If I were Governor of my state I would order the state police to arrest anyone, ANYONE, bringing wildlife to my state that was outside my states Constitution and laws. What the hell is next. No eviction for eaves chewing and nest building soffit turrurests? Hell no. I draw the line. I use a .22 or an foaming pepper spray. :D

specsaregood
01-17-2012, 08:59 PM

Sounds like a business opportunity to open up an animal killing/disposal service on the other side of the state line.

roho76
01-17-2012, 09:02 PM
How are these people even taken seriously? How do they get elected? I find it weird that they are able to maintain some semblance of sanity until they get elected and then totally freak out.

onlyrp
01-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Sounds like a business opportunity to open up an animal killing/disposal service on the other side of the state line.

its a nice opportunity when it comes, but I don't hope this was the broken window plan.

onlyrp
01-17-2012, 09:04 PM
How are these people even taken seriously? How do they get elected? I find it weird that they are able to maintain some semblance of sanity until they get elected and then totally freak out.

how are vegetarians, animal rights activists and anti-abortionists taken seriously?

Mani
01-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Can we just pepper spray the rats when they get in our way? Or is that considered cruelty to animals?

oyarde
01-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Just for fun , I would ask all Ins Companies , any County Ag offices for estimated totals of rodent damage , times it by two and file against DC for damages. Show them that being retarded is not free .

Krugerrand
01-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Just for fun , I would ask all Ins Companies , any County Ag offices for estimated totals of rodent damage , times it by two and file against DC for damages. Show them that being retarded is not free .

Better yet, buy a plot of land and open a mouse/rat sanctuary and charge big bucks to those looking to dispose of them.

Think of it as selling carbon credits.

Philhelm
01-18-2012, 01:20 PM
What a bunch of shoulder-biters.