PDA

View Full Version : Gunowners of America Grades the Presidential Candidates -- Ron Paul gets A+

sailingaway
01-17-2012, 01:33 PM
http://gunowners.org/2012presidential.htm

Ron Paul A+
Rick Perry A
Rick Santorum B-
Newt Gingrich C
Mitt Romney D-
Jon Huntsman Not Rated

surf
01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
didn't Santorum claim an A+ last night?

bluesc
01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
So FU, Santorum :D!

Lord Xar
01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
yet, RP didn't mention any of this.

He should walk on stage with astericks and bullet points of these sorts of things.

Merk
There are so many single issue voters out there on this. Romney, Santorum and Newt are gun grabbers and Constitutional infringers.

Spread this far and wide.

Liberty_Mike
Thanks for sharing. An endorsement from GOA would be awesome, but I don't know if they will be endorsing a candidate for the primaries or not.

unknown
01-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Theres only one conservative in the race.

sailingaway
01-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks for sharing. An endorsement from GOA would be awesome, but I don't know if they will be endorsing a candidate for the primaries or not.

They still have RON PAUL's compliment of THEM on the homepage of their website. Seems to me that is an endorsement of sorts..

PastaRocket848
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
didn't Santorum claim an A+ last night?

...from the NRA. The NRA isn't exactly famous for standing up for the interests of gun owners, though, as he demonstrated with his answer. The old "well, we had to take away some of your rights to avoid taking away all of them". Classic NRA stuff.

eduardo89
01-17-2012, 02:07 PM
...from the NRA. The NRA isn't exactly famous for standing up for the interests of gun owners, though, as he demonstrated with his answer. The old "well, we had to take away some of your rights to avoid taking away all of them". Classic NRA stuff.

What did Ron get from the NRA?

wgadget
01-17-2012, 02:07 PM
BIG DIFFERENCE between Santorum's NRA and the GOA.

From what I understand, the NRA has gone leftist, while the GOA is still a conservative gun group.

sailingaway
01-17-2012, 02:08 PM
What did Ron get from the NRA?

I haven't checked this year. He had gotten a B once because he voted against a law the NRA wanted which would have put a federal requirement of trigger locks in place. He said 'no law' means 'no law.'

What the NRA wants is not a principled Constitutionalist, but someone whose vote is deliverable by NRA negotiations. Ron Paul's vote isn't deliverable by anyone except Ron Paul.

Texan4Life
01-17-2012, 02:21 PM
There are so many single issue voters out there on this. Romney, Santorum and Newt are gun grabbers and Constitutional infringers.

Spread this far and wide.

+1

RP's 2A stance is what originally lead me here.. and well the rest is history.

last go around there were many groups setting up tables at gun shows. and they had 2a specific fliers. is this happening this election?

tangent4ronpaul
01-17-2012, 02:27 PM
+1

RP's 2A stance is what originally lead me here.. and well the rest is history.

last go around there were many groups setting up tables at gun shows. and they had 2a specific fliers. is this happening this election?

slim jims here:
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/slim-jim-4x9-issue-card-packs/protect-gun-rights-issue-cards-pack-of-100/

there are a few threads on staffing gun show booths. I don't think it's happening as much this time, but it is very effective.

-t

wgadget
01-17-2012, 02:29 PM
BTW, my husband gave up on the NRA YEARS ago. And he is a gunsmith.

LOL

YAY for the GOA!

jersdream
01-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Yet he didn't mention this last night in his response....

Warmon
01-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Folks, this is the bill that spurred the debate last night. It is known as the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. For this bill to pass, they had to add the Child Safety Lock of 2005 portion to appease the anti-gun crowd. This is why every gun you buy today has either a lock or lockable case.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s109-397

Paul said last night that this was a state tort problem, not a federal one and why he didn't support it.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-17-2012, 08:18 PM
So FU, Santorum :D!Yes, this is a big, fat finger in Santorum's face.

sailingaway
01-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Folks, this is the bill that spurred the debate last night. It is known as the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. For this bill to pass, they had to add the Child Safety Lock of 2005 portion to appease the anti-gun crowd. This is why every gun you buy today has either a lock or lockable case.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s109-397

Paul said last night that this was a state tort problem, not a federal one and why he didn't support it.

He has said that it required trigger locks and that was in violation of the second amendment.