PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch Fox News?

ConCap
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
If so, why? If not, why?

Thanks

Xelaetaks
01-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Hell no. Fox News sucks hard. I only watch if Ron Paul is going to have an interview or Fox Business for Freedom Watch, otherwise f*** Fox News.

TheLasersShadow
01-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Yea you are forced to watch FOX MSNBC etc to see what the "enemy" is up to in real time. It's also good to see what the masses are being fed so that when you interact with them you know what to expect.

Refresh the Tree
01-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Nope. Establishment mind-control for the sheeple.

I do watch 'Freedom Watch' though. Go Judge Go!

jsem
01-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Never watch Fox News.

MSNBC for Dylan Ratigan, Fox Business for Judge and Stossel.

RonPaul101.com
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
I don;t watch Fox News or MSNBC; they are like watching an info-mercial selling a juicer, FOX juices one side, MSNBC juices another.

I've noticed Fox Business News to be "more" balanced, so I do often watch Cavuto, Dobbs, and Freedom Watch. I picked up FBN once CNN really started to blur the lines between MSNBC and themselves. CNN use to be more balanced, but this election cycle they have been very biased.

cajuncocoa
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Only when there is a debate on. I watch Fox Business much more often to support the Judge's show, Stossel, and Cavuto.

kah13176
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
I watch O'reilly and sometimes Hannity on a somewhat regular basis. Maybe 2-3 days a week.

Brick-in-the-Wall
01-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes but only for Freedom Watch.

coffeewithgames
01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
You mean Fox Propaganda? No...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UFLt7u4Gy0

Been cable tv free for almost 4 years now, and don't see the point in it. They don't discuss real news, they repeat the same propaganda all day long, on every single show. I do not like the mainstream media, as they are one of the main reasons for the continued ignorance in this country.

MsDoodahs
01-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I watch Fox Business during the day quite a bit.

I try to catch Freedom Watch.

I don't watch Faux very often because they're just ... vile. And now that I discovered they can lie with impunity per that appellate court ruling back in 2003? I really despise them.

pcgame
01-17-2012, 01:52 PM
My main source for news: http://www.infowars.com

Edward
01-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes. T & A.

r3volution
01-17-2012, 01:53 PM
only when ron is on , but even then i only catch it half the time . so i usually watch the toob . same goes for the other networks . but i do visit all the MSM websites .

LoneWolf
01-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Yes. I used to think it was the best news source. Lately been alternating between FOX and CNN.

All Ways
01-17-2012, 01:56 PM
I used to watch to see what the latest lie was, but its been harder and harder to do it. At this point it is so revolting I can't make it through 1 min.

Thx to all that are taking one for the team.

ronpaulfollower999
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Fox Business for Freedom Watch and Stossel at night. During the day I might watch FBN since they show the price of gold/silver more often than CNBC, but CNBC has prettier graphics and I normally watch just watch CNBC to know what NOT to do. :p

Travlyr
01-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Hell no. I hate being lied to.

ShaneEnochs
01-17-2012, 01:59 PM
I watch it if someone here posts a live stream, and there's something relevant to RP going on. I would never, ever pay for such propaganda, though.

ryanmkeisling
01-17-2012, 02:02 PM
No way. In fact FOX was one of the main reasons I canceled my cable and threw my TV off of a cliff back in 08'. I have been better off without it and FOX.

ctiger2
01-17-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't have any cable/satellite TV etc so I don't watch anything. I get my news fix from watching selective clips on tube.

pacelli
01-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Nope.

Why not?

Because Fox News started their anti-liberty talking points on 9/11/2001, and they haven't stopped since. Their treatment (or lack thereof) of Ron Paul's candidacy in 2007-8 as well as 2011-12 further reinforces my choice to NOT watch Fox News.

Tonewah
01-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Nope. I watched it because they said a lot of things that I agreed with. I watched a lot after 9/11. Around 2004, I began to question a lot of their reporting. I remember hearing a lot of just plain wrong info, like geographically incorrect... like claiming something was on the Virginia-Alabama border when there is no Virginia-Alabama border. But there would be no corrections or retractions. Just sloppy, biased reporting. But still, I watched. Then came the 2007-08 election cycle. The way they treated Ron Paul made me abandon the thought of ever watching FOX News, again. Now, I catch the Judge on Fox Business, and I watch the debates, but that is as close to a Fox Fan as I'll ever be. I see that Fox, CNN, MSNBC et al, are all cut from the same cloth.

iamse7en
01-17-2012, 02:27 PM
It's all disinformation. Can't bear it. Every once in awhile you get some good stuff, but those moments are usually captured via toobage, so it's not worth it to watch live TV. The only live TV I watch are sports. Sports is one of the last real things in our lives. News is controlled and manipulated. Pop culture is painfully fake as well. TV Shows are mostly just terrible, fake, and contrived. Sports, though it has it's annoyances with BCS/NCAA/NBA/NFL control, is one of the most real things left that can be watched on TV. Real emotion, real effort, and less CFR control than other places.

CaseyJones
01-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Kill The TV

swiftfoxmark2
01-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Once they excluded Ron Paul in 2008 from the debate, I haven't bothered to watch them.

It got really easy once I got rid of Cable television service.

RockEnds
01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
No, I don't watch Fox News. I have small children in the house.

Bodhi
01-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Only sometimes just to see what the propaganda of the day is. I certainly would not look to Fox to get the news because while they seem like a news channel it is really mostly propaganda.

Ronulus
01-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Only for debates. I can't stand fox news. I would rather watch CNN (that says how bad Fox is). Try to use online for all news.

Stupified
01-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Only sometimes just to see what the propaganda of the day is. I certainly would not look to Fox to get the news because while they seem like a news channel it is really mostly propaganda.

Basically this. Every few days I'll watch CNN and FOX to get a grasp on how the MSM is viewing the primary race (and by extension, the rest of America).

PatriotOne
01-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I record Cavuto to reward him for his fair treatment of RP. Other than that, you couldn't get me to watch FOX or any other news channel at this point if ya waterboarded me.

Thanks goes to those who always capture the interesting stuff on youtube!

lester1/2jr
01-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I watch the Judge sometimes but mostly CNBC.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-17-2012, 03:36 PM
No.

jkr
01-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Kill The TV

kill it dead

Kingfisher
01-17-2012, 04:17 PM
No!
I like the Judge, but I can see him on the internet.
Wonder why FOX allows him to be on?

Sematary
01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Should have had a poll.

No - because FAUX NEWS is the most biased, ridiculous "news" network on the planet with "pundits" who spout far right necon dogma to brain dead far right neocon idiots who can't think for themselves

LayZayFaire
01-17-2012, 05:35 PM
To answer the question, yes I do, and I also watch MSNBC and CNN.

You have to understand the media. If they report that so and so many people have been killed at Virginia Tech because of a student gone-wild, I can see that alone as some sort of truth. If they report about a cruise ship sinking and an unknown number of people killed in the accident, I can see that alone as some sort of truth.

However, it's not the big things you need to worry about. It's the small biases and facts that they don't include that you need to worry about. There is nothing wrong with finding out what is going on in terms of current events. It is the all too often tendency for the masses to take the little things as truth or not even examining the underlying details or thoughtfully analyzing what the solutions are for potential problems.

I prefer the internet, but filtering is the more important defense at getting fooled.

Drex
01-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Well I tried to give FAUX news a chance today.. but when they said Ron Paul's foreign policy was dumbish I shut it off...

Sematary
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
To answer the question, yes I do, and I also watch MSNBC and CNN.

You have to understand the media. If they report that so and so many people have been killed at Virginia Tech because of a student gone-wild, I can see that alone as some sort of truth. If they report about a cruise ship sinking and an unknown number of people killed in the accident, I can see that alone as some sort of truth.

However, it's not the big things you need to worry about. It's the small biases and facts that they don't include that you need to worry about. There is nothing wrong with finding out what is going on in terms of current events. It is the all too often tendency for the masses to take the little things as truth or not even examining the underlying details or thoughtfully analyzing what the solutions are for potential problems.

I prefer the internet, but filtering is the more important defense at getting fooled.

I stick with the internet for news. Infowars is good but you have to sift out the biases in that as well but they report on things that matter, not the latest rage in pop culture. I find foreign sites like BBC to give a fair view of American news because they don't have a dog in the fight. There are other sites of course but watching FOX or MSNBC is basically useless for actual news. CNN does ok with regular news but you gotta watch out for their biases as well but at least they aren't simply disgusting like FAUX NEWS

roderik
01-17-2012, 05:42 PM
If so, why? If not, why?

Thanks

All the time! My favourite is o'Reilly!
I believe everything they say, because it makes so much sense and i don't have to educate myself!
Especially when it's about war, hate, ignorance and superstition.
I desperately want to become an American so i can shut up about morality and let FOX dictate my opinions!

QueenB4Liberty
01-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah I sometimes do when I'm watching Freedom Watch. I also try and watch all the major news outlets (CNN, Fox, Fox Business, MSNBC) when they are having elections. I like to know the gossip.

Marenco
01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
No, I hardly watch TV as it is(mostly junk), i usually just watch DVD's sometimes.

bolil
01-17-2012, 07:29 PM
I watch it for entertainment, also it is fun to try and spot the various kinds of propaganda they employ and to try and infer the purposes for such. What a loser... I need a better hobby. Also I have heard that bouts of anger actually help circulation, so indirectly Bill O'reilly bears partial responsibility for my current good health.

Bosco Warden
01-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Never watch Fox News.

MSNBC for Dylan Ratigan, Fox Business for Judge and Stossel.

I agree with this post, these programs too. lol

The Gold Standard
01-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Why are you asking? You don't work for Fox News, do you?

ConCap
01-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Why are you asking? You don't work for Fox News, do you?

20yr retired combat vet.
After that.
17yr Master weaver with the Longaberger Co.
At one time we had 2,000 weavers working two shifts.
http://www.longabergerfactorystore.com/c-613-baskets-accessories.aspx

donnay
01-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Faux Snooze...I used to watch it back before I woke up. Now that I am wide awake, I watch it occasionally so I can keep up on the latest spin, scare and slander on good people, like Dr. Paul.

I do like watching Judge Napolitano, but I get my news from alternative media.

AGRP
01-17-2012, 10:49 PM
I can literally feel my brain turn to mush when I attempt to watch it.

heavenlyboy34
01-17-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't even own a TV to watch FAUX news on. If I did, I wouldn't watch it because, like the other "news" channels, it's just dumb propaganda and leaves out more information than it provides.

heavenlyboy34
01-17-2012, 10:54 PM
I can literally feel my brain turn to mush when I attempt to watch it.+1 /shudders at the thought

georgiaboy
01-17-2012, 11:04 PM
I used to be a Fox-aholic until the 07-08 cycle. Thought it was the best news channel ever. Finally, a news station that balanced out all the left-leaning stations out there. I was also a huge talk radio junkie.

During the 07-08 campaign, when all these stations and talk-talks came out opposing, ridiculing, marginalizing, misrepresenting, and blacking out the most wonderfully conservative candidate I had ever come across, Ron Paul, I blacked them out. Hardest part for me was Fox&Friends. I really enjoyed hanging out with those folks back then.

Now I watch CSPAN (bonus - no commercials!), catch youtube clips of Fox, etc., via RPF, and scan talk radio occasionally, but usually listen to music in the car now.

I had hoped that this election cycle I might see some of the news networks being more fair to Ron Paul, but thus far, nope, same disappointments as last time around.

Really makes me sad. My view of the MSM is forever tainted. I'm glad I know what I know now about how they operate, but it still sucks.

I wonder what these guys are going to do as Ron continues to gain in momentum and popularity, and when he becomes president.

cindy25
01-17-2012, 11:09 PM
of course I watch Fox, and CNN and Al-Jazeera, and BBC

one does not have to agree with a news or even opinion program to watch it

mport1
01-17-2012, 11:17 PM
I can't watch the news. Those statists make me so angry. I'd go crazy if I spent too much time watching them.

John F Kennedy III
01-17-2012, 11:43 PM

Somebody buy this guy a beer :)

TomL
01-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Not much anymore. CNN has a new morning line-up which is much better than FOX and Fiends. Sure, they are politically toward the left, but so is FOX. The only difference between FOX and the rest is delivery. FOX's delivery is more entertainment than news.

Out Front with Erin Burnett is a rather good show. Anderson Cooper at 8 goes up against Bill O'Reilly. I don't always agree with Cooper, but he has a far better personality than Bill O'Reilly. O'Reilly is the most mean-spirited toward Ron Paul.

The only time I watch FOX is when I want to see a nice set of legs, and Kimberly Guilfoyle has some of the nicest legs I have seen. So I do watch "The Five" on occasion.

At 7, I like watching "The Kudlow Report" on CNBC. A couple weeks ago he said to Ron Paul, "I bid you God-speed on the campaign trail."

There are better news programs elsewhere, so why watch FOX. I don't get FBN. I would like to watch Lou Dobbs. FBN does have better programming, why they don't move Lou Dobbs, and Jon Stossel to FNC, I would never know. They should replace O'reilly and Hannity with those two.

TomL
01-18-2012, 07:57 AM

Do you also listen to Alex Jones. He's live on the internet from 12-3, M-F, EST, up agains Rush Limbaugh.

ChrisDixon
01-18-2012, 07:59 AM
I don't watch TV at all. I read the articles online, livestream the debates, netflix a couple shows, and read sports news on my super awesome ESPN Android App. Beyond that, I have no use for it. Fox News included.

Kingfisher
01-18-2012, 08:06 AM
If we conservatives don't watch fox, how will we know what to think?

UK4Paul
01-18-2012, 09:43 AM
"Fair And Balanced"... LMAO.

Fox is more like "Neocon Central".

"Thank you O'Reilly... next up Hannity, and we'll get Bill Kristol on for his impartial opinions." :)

(The exception is Fox Business... but until I see those attitudes on their main channel, I say Fox Off.)

JK/SEA
01-18-2012, 10:15 AM
yes, because they say they are fair and balanced...whats the problem?

Revolution9
01-18-2012, 11:16 AM
No. The TV went straight to the dumpster when they were being nice to Cheney on The McNeil Lerher Report in the early 2000's.

Rev9

NidStyles
01-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Nope, do not even own a TV anymore. I don't have time for watching TV.

Working Poor
01-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Not no but, hell no I will never forgive fox for how they have treated Ron Paul and I won't allow fox anything on my TV