PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy and Totalitarianism Liberia and North Korea VIDEOS

seapilot
01-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Two good videos from Vice.com on Liberia and North Korea. Great behind the scenes of what is really going on in N.Korea and Liberia by Shane Smith who takes risks to get the real story.

http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-travel/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-1

http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-travel/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3

Delivered4000
01-17-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm watching the Liberia one right now, mad interesting bro

I wouldn't call that 'anarchy' though since anarchy has become a technical term for a non-violent philosophy

Revolution9
01-17-2012, 04:41 PM
That Liberian video was gruesome. I think folks who think anarchy is just fine and dandy oughta take an open minded look. Also interesting was Butt Naked's conversion and the civilizing influence of Christianity in the middle of a hellhole and the contrast.

Rev9

Revolution9
01-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm watching the Liberia one right now, mad interesting bro

I wouldn't call that 'anarchy' though since anarchy has become a technical term for a non-violent philosophy

Anarchy is an illusion of true freedom. It is graphically apparent in the Liberia series.

Rev9

pcgame
01-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Somalia is doing a lot better under anarchy then a government

seapilot
01-17-2012, 04:50 PM
The North Korean one is interesting with the differences in the DMZ from the north and south. They visited the south side first and cant even point fingers at the north. On the north side they drank beer while pointing and waving at the south side. I do not think many reporters from the west go into N. Korea and these guys were obviously nervous, knowing that they could go to prison for filming when they were not supposed to, but they did it anyway.

Chieppa1
01-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Watch the Siberia one. North Korean work camps, in Russia. The people don't even understand they are not in Korea. They also are more open about how much they dislike their government.

Chieppa1
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Also, did anyone here actual watch the Liberia one? The situation there begins with a U.S. backed coup. As usual, government was involved in creating the issues.

heavenlyboy34
01-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Anarchy is an illusion of true freedom. It is graphically apparent in the Liberia series.

Rev9
It can be, but involuntary government is universally so. The police state here and military empire abroad are proof enough.

Sentient Void
01-17-2012, 05:21 PM
"The Rothbardian doesn't claim that the absence of a state is a sufficient condition for bliss. Rather, the Rothbardian says that however prosperous and law-abiding a society is, adding an institution of organized violence and theft will only make things worse." - Robert Murphy

So, do you guys think that Liberia would be better off under a government elected by the people there? Seriously. You need to realize that the most vile and underhanded people in that society would not only be the ones who would strive the hardest to take the reigns of a government, but would also probably be the ones most likely to succeed.

Cowlesy
01-17-2012, 05:26 PM
"The Rothbardian doesn't claim that the absence of a state is a sufficient condition for bliss. Rather, the Rothbardian says that however prosperous and law-abiding a society is, adding an institution of organized violence and theft will only make things worse." - Robert Murphy

So, do you guys think that Liberia would be better off under a government elected by the people there? Seriously. You need to realize that the most vile and underhanded people in that society would not only be the ones who would strive the hardest to take the reigns of a government, but would also probably be the ones most likely to succeed.

If Liberia would just adopt a Rothbard perspective on society, it'd basically be like Norway without taxation or dumb laws.