PDA

View Full Version : Missed Opportunity

CaptUSA
01-17-2012, 12:23 PM
I hate to Monday morning quarterback, but as I was listening to one portion of the debate last night, I was hoping Paul would take a different tack.

During the Guns discussion, Romney said he signed a bill that was designed by the pro-gun and anti-gun lobbies. Santorum gave Paul a hard time for voting against an NRA backed bill that Santorum worked on "Hand-in-hand" with the NRA. Paul had a good answer about the issue, but he could have taken it one step further if he said:

"You see this is the problem in Washington - the lobbyists are writing the laws! And then they find ambitious, but foolish, politicians to sponsor these pieces of legislation that erode the constitution. You just heard two examples of what's wrong with our government. Our political leaders - and certainly our President - need to have enough backbone to stand up to all these lobbyists, even the ones we agree with, when it comes to protecting the Constitution!"

This wins the 2nd amendment vote, the Tea Party vote, and every independent-minded voter out there.

sunnx
01-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Good suggestion. Why don't they consider putting YOU on the campaign team?

They should open an official campaign suggestion channel to the team, rather than us waiting to see if they "may" read and implement suggestions in this section.