PDA

View Full Version : Why is the media so dead on South Carolina?

123tim
01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
I stuck here at home sitting in front of my computer, looking for news about Ron Paul and the upcoming South Carolina Primary on Saturday.

It seems like just about every South Carolina article is three or four days old. The Primary last night seems to have generated little in the form of any commentary from the media. All of the polls are several days old and seem to vary widely. Almost all of the Internet news articles seem to be cut and paste, with just the title changed....it seems like the whole Internet is revolving around these four or five articles which I know will be reproduced, word for word, in my local newspaper tonight.

Does anybody have any idea why this is?

Seems to be the exact opposite of N.H. where there were new articles and polls almost every day.

Ronulus
01-17-2012, 10:42 AM
They will now that they got something 'negative' about paul, with the audience booing him. Just wait.

The Goat
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
SC isn't going to be too happy about the Fox and the Republicans making us look like hateful bastards.

KCIndy
01-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Maybe because it's outside the normal coverage range of the media? In other words, it's more than 200 miles from New York. The only reason Iowa gets coverage is because it's the first event. New Hampshire gets covered because it's not too far from the northeast media megalopolis.

bcreps85
01-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Frankly, I think they are holding pieces until they have something to try and bash Paul on. At this point, second nationally, and right around 2nd/3rd in SC, they are running into trouble for outright ignoring him on so many occasions. Because of that, we had a full day where nearly every article was about him flying first class, which conveniently blocked out any coverage of his endorsement between that and Hunt dropping. Then it was fairly silent, and now they have the audience booing him, so that is getting coverage. Of course what these articles seem to conveniently forget is that every candidate was booed at some point last night, and Ron Paul actually recovered to applause and cheering about 1-2 sentences later.

youngbuck
01-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Frankly, I think they are holding pieces until they have something to try and bash Paul on. At this point, second nationally, and right around 2nd/3rd in SC, they are running into trouble for outright ignoring him on so many occasions. Because of that, we had a full day where nearly every article was about him flying first class, which conveniently blocked out any coverage of his endorsement between that and Hunt dropping. Then it was fairly silent, and now they have the audience booing him, so that is getting coverage. Of course what these articles seem to conveniently forget is that every candidate was booed at some point last night, and Ron Paul actually recovered to applause and cheering about 1-2 sentences later.

Couldn't have summarized my suspicions better. Other than a few random instances that slip through the cracks, it seems like the MSM is very calculating and deliberate in controlling what kind of coverage the good Doc gets.

123tim
01-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks for all of the input.

Finally, I did manage to dig up this out of the mire:

COLUMBIA -- Texas Rep. Ron Paul receives what he calls "another shot in the arm for the campaign" after three South Carolina senators join Sen. Tom Davis --- who on Sunday announced his support for Paul --- endorsed the GOP presidential candidate.

Sen. Danny Verdin (R-Laurens), Sen. Lee Bright (R-Spartanburg) and Sen. Kevin Bryant (R-Anderson) have all said Paul is the right choice for president during a press conference held at the State House Tuesday morning.
http://ronpaulusa.blogspot.com/2012/01/three-endorsements-are-shot-in-arm.html

kahless
01-17-2012, 04:45 PM
My guess is this is their way of not reporting on any of Ron's SC endorsements and the debate disaster last night which was a national embarrassment. They are saving dollars and coverage for Florida since Ron is not expected to do well there.