PDA

View Full Version : Best part of debate: Romney strongly defending Obama's NDAA position

jbuttell
01-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Thats going to definitely come back to bite him.

FlatIron
01-17-2012, 09:45 AM
nah, I don't think people really care about that. and wrong forum

goldpants
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Wrong night to make a thing out of it, perhaps. Will it come back to bite Romney in the near future zero doubt about it. Dissipation of civil liberties, most importantly habeas corpus and freedom of speech rile up Americans emotionally. People don't make dramatic changes on positions without an emotional attachment. We win independents and otherwise non-voters on these type of positions.

jbuttell
01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
yeah I realize it likely won't. impact many votes in SC, but this position is very sensitive and will come back to haunt him when it's Ron vs Mitt.

sailingaway
01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
What kills me though is Santorum trying to steal Ron's thunder by pretending he could care less about due process. His record is all proPatriot Act pro mega Homeland Security measures. I don't believe it for a minute. I think he polled it.

SaulPaulinsky
01-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Wrong night to make a thing out of it, perhaps. Will it come back to bite Romney in the near future zero doubt about it. Dissipation of civil liberties, most importantly habeas corpus and freedom of speech role up Americans emotionally. People don't make dramatic changeable on positions without an emotional attachment. We win independents and otherwise non-voters on these type of positions.

I imagine we'll see it again in a campaign ad in less conservative states.

Out west, northeast, upper midwest maybe.

In the meantime, by all means use it in your talks with people.

Tell them that Obama signed a bill into law that says U.S. citizens can be picked up by the military and held indefinitely. Tell them only three Republicans voted against it in the Senate -- one of them was Rand Paul (chip off the ol' block!). Romney says he would have signed it and deprived citizens of the right to seek any recourse against their detention (that is, habeus corpus).

This is the opposite of seeking liberty for citizens! And he and Obama are anti-liberty! Say so!

speciallyblend
01-17-2012, 10:34 AM
romneys support of ndaa is the reason why i can say NO ONE BUT PAUL unless the gop establishment has a candidate against ndaa and illegal wars and against the failed drug war. That leaves NO ONE BUT PAUL!!

Romney just killed any chance of any ron paul supporter crossing over to support his biggov obama republican self.

airborne373
01-17-2012, 10:36 AM
I thought Romney and his supporters were going to start chanting "One People - One Nation - One Leader" at any moment.

Captain Shays
01-17-2012, 12:32 PM
romneys support of ndaa is the reason why i can say NO ONE BUT PAUL unless the gop establishment has a candidate against ndaa and illegal wars and against the failed drug war. That leaves NO ONE BUT PAUL!!

Romney just killed any chance of any ron paul supporter crossing over to support his biggov obama republican self.

Did I hear someone say....

NO ONE BUT PAUL? I second that