PDA

View Full Version : Economic: Monetary Policy: Need REAL answers to gather votes for Ron Paul

Steve51
01-17-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm from Massachusetts and trust me when I tell you, Making the case for Ron Paul is and has been a long uphill battle for me. One area which is extremely difficult for me to discuss and clarify is how Ron Paul plans to abolish the Federal Reserve. I have read here about Kennedy and EO11110 and fully understand what it means. The problem I face is, What is the EXACT plan and method Ron Paul is going to employ to get what he says done.

Can anyone show me the EXACT plan as Ron Paul has it put together? In his words or an actual written plan. It is one thing to say he's going to abolish the FED yet an entirely different thing to show how it WILL be done.

This is an example of what I'm up against:
"What would we trade on the world market with if we had gold, silver, copper, platinum, etc as currency? What would happen to the value of the Dollar, How would we pay for our crude oil and fuel imports, with Euros? You've never seen inflation like any of these actions would cause. There would be a panic run on precious metals and the Euro by countries, like China, which are holding Dollars, that would destroy the Dollar and the savings of millions of people."

"I'm not saying we should keep the Fed, but we're total idiots if we elect someone who makes fantastic statements about what we're going to do without saying exactly how we're going to do it. That's what Obama did, remember?"

I can't make a case for the guy if I don't have the facts.

Thanks

sratiug
01-17-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm from Massachusetts and trust me when I tell you, Making the case for Ron Paul is and has been a long uphill battle for me. One area which is extremely difficult for me to discuss and clarify is how Ron Paul plans to abolish the Federal Reserve. I have read here about Kennedy and EO11110 and fully understand what it means. The problem I face is, What is the EXACT plan and method Ron Paul is going to employ to get what he says done.

Can anyone show me the EXACT plan as Ron Paul has it put together? In his words or an actual written plan. It is one thing to say he's going to abolish the FED yet an entirely different thing to show how it WILL be done.

This is an example of what I'm up against:
"What would we trade on the world market with if we had gold, silver, copper, platinum, etc as currency? What would happen to the value of the Dollar, How would we pay for our crude oil and fuel imports, with Euros? You've never seen inflation like any of these actions would cause. There would be a panic run on precious metals and the Euro by countries, like China, which are holding Dollars, that would destroy the Dollar and the savings of millions of people."

"I'm not saying we should keep the Fed, but we're total idiots if we elect someone who makes fantastic statements about what we're going to do without saying exactly how we're going to do it. That's what Obama did, remember?"

I can't make a case for the guy if I don't have the facts.

Thanks
Look up Ron's bill to allow competing currencies. He doesn't plan to end the FED, just let it die.

Travlyr
01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
The very first thing to clearly get people to understand is that the Federal Reserve is legalized counterfeiting. That means that insiders profit at the expense of productive workers. Alan Greenspan agrees,

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold. The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves. This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the 'hidden' confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom
So people who are not aware of the dangers of keeping the central bank should be alerted to the facts. Ron Paul talked about it last night in the debates. The inflation tax is the culprit.

Secondly, Ron Paul has introduced the Free Competition in Currency Act. It is one of Ron Paul's 600 bills he wrote which favor American citizens that our congressmen and women have failed to support. It would remove the Fed's monopoly status and allow currency to compete against the Federal Reserve Note.

H.R. 1098
Rep. Paul introduced the Free Competition in Currency Act of 2011, H.R. 1098, in the United States House of Representatives on March 15, 2011.
It should be passed immediately for it would open up opportunity for jobs and prosperity in short order.

Dr. Edwin Vieira Jr. does a great job explaining how all of us should work together to achieve our liberty once again through sound monetary policy and constitutional rule of law in The Purse & The Sword (http://www.amazon.com/Purse-Sword-Dr-Edwin-Vieira/dp/B003FSTVI6). I've never heard Ron Paul directly endorse Dr. Vieira's strategy but I suspect he would.

That's all it would take. The Federal Reserve would die a slow death as there is no way their fake irredeemable notes could compete with real money.