PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile at the TSA - 5 months for TSA "officers" who stole $40 grand from bags.

Anti Federalist
01-17-2012, 09:10 AM
TSA agents who stole $40K from NY luggage get jail

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP5342f284c21c434e92bf300d1a67c3ca.html

NEW YORK — Two Transportation Security Administration officers who admitted stealing $40,000 from luggage at a New York City airport are going to jail.

The Queens district attorney's office says 44-year-old Coumar Persad and 31-year-old Davon Webb were sentenced Tuesday to six months in jail and five years' probation. Both had pleaded guilty to grand larceny, obstructing governmental administration and official misconduct.

The two TSA officers were based at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Authorities say they swiped the cash after spotting it in a piece of luggage while it was being X-rayed in January 2011. The cash was recovered from their homes.

Persad's attorney has said his client understands he made a mistake and wishes to move on with his life.

youngbuck
01-17-2012, 01:07 PM
This pisses me off. Any one of us would have gotten a much worse sentence. "Authorities" acting in official capacity should be held to a higher standard, and get a harsher punishment when they waste our tax dollars, thieve from us, and violate our trust. They deserve a longer sentence.

donnay
01-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Yes, and after the five years of probation they will be reinstated, because they need thugs like this working for them!! That is the agenda! :mad:

Philhelm
01-17-2012, 01:17 PM
This pisses me off. Any one of us would have gotten a much worse sentence. "Authorities" acting in official capacity should be held to a higher standard, and get a harsher punishment when they waste our tax dollars, thieve from us, and violate our trust. They deserve a longer sentence.

Aye. I vote for the death penalty.

ShaneEnochs
01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm confused. Were these people carrying cash in a briefcase or something?

olehounddog
01-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Just got through ranting to the wife about the same thing before I scrolled down.