PDA

View Full Version : Bill Kristol

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 08:44 AM
He was on CSPAN this morning bashing Ron, he has a vicious, slanderous video about Ron on his Israel First website called: Emergency Committee for Israel, and recently, he almost had a nervous breakdown on Fox while considering that Ron could take the nomination. This man is dangerous. Look him up. And read Ron's speech from '03 where he talks about neoconservatism and how it has taken over the Republican party. Kristol is on a mission, make no mistake about it. He sees Ron Paul as a huge threat to Israel and he is going to do everything it takes to ruin him.

This is our issue folks. We have to go to battle with the neocons and root them out of the Republican party by changing the hearts and minds of the republican brainwashed. The audience last night was clearly a bunch of brainwashed neocons. This is what we're up against.

Dsylexic
01-17-2012, 08:47 AM
he is the son of irving kristol -the father of neoconservatism. expected from him .i'd be surprised if he goes down meekly.it is his family legacy which he is protecting.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-17-2012, 08:49 AM
I didn't even know who he was until the commercial, so that's a good sign--he's irrelevant.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 08:50 AM
I know who he is. He, and his ilk are the enemy of freedom. I'm going to do everything within my power to counter his attacks on Ron. All of us should. This man is dangerous.

Anti Federalist
Bill Kristol is the enemy of freedom!

Obvious statement is obvious.

;)

trey4sports
what's new?

wgadget
01-17-2012, 08:51 AM
When you look up NEOCON, his picture is there.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 08:52 AM
I didn't even know who he was until the commercial, so that's a good sign--he's irrelevant.

He is NOT irrelevant! He is VERY well known in the republican party. His Israel first agenda is entrenched in the party. You had better start doing your research on him and stop assuming that because you've never heard of him that he isn't dangerous to our cause.

wgadget
01-17-2012, 08:54 AM
He also goes on neocon talk shows and spews his hatred. Hannity, Bill Bennett and the like.

Student Of Paulism
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
He is NOT irrelevant! He is VERY well known in the republican party. His Israel first agenda is entrenched in the party. You had better start doing your research on him and stop assuming that because you've never heard of him that he isn't dangerous to our cause.

Yep, he is pretty much at the top of the pole and one of the elites of the movement that's basically destroying the country and has us in IL's back pocket.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Obvious statement is obvious.

;)

If it's so obvious, then why it is being dismissed? Pay attention to what he is doing? The video below was circulated in South Carolina before the debates! Bill Kristol heads up the org. that made this video. They are cunning and shrewd. Watch CSPAN's Washington Journal from this morning - it is foolish to dismiss this POS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MX7gFB4KR0

Anti Federalist
01-17-2012, 08:57 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/30/129171588888266341.jpg

swissaustrian
01-17-2012, 08:58 AM
He's a Santorum guy.
As long as he only pushes this on C-SPAN it doesn't matter much. C-SPAN is Ron Paul territory.

Anti Federalist
01-17-2012, 09:00 AM
If I had my way, Kristol would not be able to show his face without this happening to him.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xAbuldz4mmo/SJkTz_9qurI/AAAAAAAAAb8/aj6wSDErC6s/s400/kristol-pie-in-face.jpg

airborne373
01-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Bill "BLoody" Kristol is a Trotskyite Communist just like his daddy Irving "I am a Neo-Marxist" Kristol. Of course Kristol is against your freedom. Anyone who doubts me just research Leo Strauss & Irving Kristol the father and god-father of Neo-Con-Servatism.

RockEnds
01-17-2012, 09:02 AM
The kids and I shared an elevator with Bill four years ago in Des Moines. We had our Ron Paul signs and buttons. It was a very quiet, tense ride. ;)

vechorik
01-17-2012, 09:03 AM
This Ron Paul video will help you understand where Bill Crystal is coming from:
(Ron Paul names Neo-Cons on House Floor - July 10, 2003)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNb_610L0GE

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Why does he waste his breath? I mean, Ron Paul is unelectable and "WON'T WIN. RON PAUL WON'T WIN, LISTEN TO ME, HE WON'T WIN" So why bother trying to make him lose, if it's inevitable? /sarcasm

milo10
01-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Kristol is one of the core neocons, along with Frum, Perle, Feith, Bolton, Wolfowitz, Cheney, et al. They are the merger of extreme Zionism and the military industrial complex.

Even guys like Limbaugh and Hannity aren't neocons proper, they're hawkish Republicans.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 09:09 AM
He's a Santorum guy.
As long as he only pushes this on C-SPAN it doesn't matter much. C-SPAN is Ron Paul territory.

He's pushing it on Fox too! He also owns the "Weekly Standard". DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HIM! We need to go after him full force! Tpward the end of this video he can barely contain his anxiety over a Ron Paul nomination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8WUkEFy03U

KingNothing
01-17-2012, 09:13 AM

Hardly. He was much more relevant 7-10 years ago, before literally every prediction he made turned out to be the opposite of true. But he is definitely relevant today.

parocks
01-17-2012, 09:14 AM
He was on CSPAN this morning bashing Ron, he has a vicious, slanderous video about Ron on his Israel First website called: Emergency Committee for Israel, and recently, he almost had a nervous breakdown on Fox while considering that Ron could take the nomination. This man is dangerous. Look him up. And read Ron's speech from '03 where he talks about neoconservatism and how it has taken over the Republican party. Kristol is on a mission, make no mistake about it. He sees Ron Paul as a huge threat to Israel and he is going to do everything it takes to ruin him.

This is our issue folks. We have to go to battle with the neocons and root them out of the Republican party by changing the hearts and minds of the republican brainwashed. The audience last night was clearly a bunch of brainwashed neocons. This is what we're up against.

Yesterday, Baier said Ron Paul's foreign policy was "Left of Obama". That is a signal to Ron Paul to give a history lesson where the role of Irving and Bill Kristol is described.

vita3
01-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Kristol runs the Weekly Standard magazine out of a Washington DC suite, in the same building as AEI.

That building is the HQ of the Neo-con's & is this movements true enemy.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Yesterday, Baier said Ron Paul's foreign policy was "Left of Obama". That is a signal to Ron Paul to give a history lesson where the role of Irving and Bill Kristol is described.

Writers, bloggers, commentators, and so on in the movement need to launch an all out attack on neoconservatism and its leaders. They are in control of this party and they feel threatened right now.

By attack I mean use their own words against them and back everything up with facts. And be relentless about it. Jerry Doyle, the Judge, all of them need to expose the war-mongering philosophy of these creeps.

Eric21ND
01-17-2012, 09:34 AM
He said Ron believes conspiracy theories. Bill blatantly lies on national tv.

vita3
01-17-2012, 09:44 AM
BBC did a fantastic piece which followed the Neo-con's before & during the start of the Iraq war. If you want to know more about this unified team & how much they control the war push of our foreign policy, please take the time & watch all of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cdhtxg8yE4

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 09:45 AM
I predict if we don't successfully discredit the neocon faction of the party we will win nothing. It is foolhardy to dismiss Kristol and his ilk.

He is behind the 'Project for the New American Century' which layed out the whole plan for the "war on terror". ht tp://www.newamericancentury.org/

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Here's a documentary on kristol's pnac (Project for the New American Century).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3776750618788792499#

ShaneEnochs
01-17-2012, 09:57 AM
We're not talking about the actor, right? We're talking about the little troll looking man with the video where he spouts out lie after lie?

Wickwire
01-17-2012, 10:01 AM

He is FAR from irrelevant when Fox News quotes him and the Weekly Standard as though they were the Bible.

HOLLYWOOD
01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
I've noticed that Washington Journal has stopped listing the guests on that morning's shows until after they've been on... so only the guests can have their cronies call in on all lines/tweet/email/fb. Only if I knew he was on this morning, I would of been relentless and ruthless on that evil killer of America.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 10:03 AM
BBC did a fantastic piece which followed the Neo-con's before & during the start of the Iraq war. If you want to know more about this unified team & how much they control the war push of our foreign policy, please take the time & watch all of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cdhtxg8yE4

This is excellent. Videos like this need to be circulated among those who like Ron Paul except for his foreign policy. They need to understand they've been neoconned.

sailingaway
01-17-2012, 10:05 AM
This is nothing new. When he was on top he could just be dismissive, now his views are being reexamined and are being found wanting, he is freaking out.

Progress.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-17-2012, 10:06 AM
I've noticed that Washington Journal has stopped listing the guests on that morning's shows until agter they've been on... so only the guest can have their cronies call in on all lines/tweet/email/fb.I'd rather blame the Mitt Romney penis jokes.

A. Havnes
This is excellent. Videos like this need to be circulated among those who like Ron Paul except for his foreign policy. They need to understand they've been neoconned.

It depends on the individual. Some people would definitely go for this, whilst others would accuse you of believing in conspiracies. Remember, we're all individuals, and we should address their concerns over Ron Paul's foreign policy as best suits them.

Excellent video, however.

schiffheadbaby

Does any of this surprise you?

Let's just say there are many people, especially in NYC and DC, that promote Israel at every turn. I wonder why. Of course they hate Ron because he opposes MIC and FED.

This is their gravy train, they are unproductive and just leech off of others labor.

Nate-ForLiberty
If I had my way, Kristol would not be able to show his face without this happening to him.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xAbuldz4mmo/SJkTz_9qurI/AAAAAAAAAb8/aj6wSDErC6s/s400/kristol-pie-in-face.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEHi52z11U8

JP2010
Need to have a chipin to hire a private investigator to dig everything up on kristol

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM
No explanation. Just change the title.

Nate-ForLiberty
01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
No explanation. Just change the title.

Yeah, mods. We can't be better forum members if you don't explain why you change certain things.

AdamT
01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Why change the title? Kristol is against freedom.

No Free Beer
01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

To be quite frank, I don't really care what this clown has to say. His influence on American foreign policy and within the GOP is coming to an end. Slowly but surely, his reign is over. Even Charles Kraut-whatever destroyed him on Fox the other week.

But, again, I do thank you for the heads up.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
This is nothing new. When he was on top he could just be dismissive, now his views are being reexamined and are being found wanting, he is freaking out.

Progress.

Progress???? LOL! I can do without this brand of progress. And if this was of no concern, and is old news, why change the title of the thread. He IS the enemy of freedom! Are you're scared of driving away supporters who like Kristol? As if there are any?

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM
I think we should start referring to Neo-Cons as what they truly are -- Jacobins.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Does any of this surprise you?

Let's just say there are many people, especially in NYC and DC, that promote Israel at every turn. I wonder why. Of course they hate Ron because he opposes MIC and FED.

This is their gravy train, they are unproductive and just leech off of others labor.

Of course it doesn't surprise me. I am alerting you that the neocon elitist establishment have gone from "ignoring" and "laughing" and into full on "fight" mode, this is where the rubber meets the road, and if we don't read the handwriting on the wall and head this off at the pass - we will LOSE!

wowrevolution
01-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Kristol is a slimey little weasel

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks for neutering my thread. bok bok~!!!

rp2012win
01-17-2012, 10:27 AM
The boss concluded: “I don't think anyone should plead with him not to run or to stay in the party. I would be comfortable in a general election if Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum as the Republican in the Reagan tradition and debating both Barack Obama and Ron Paul.”
“A lot of people when they criticize Ron Paul have to preface their criticism by saying, ‘you know, he’s good guy, he brings a lot to the debate,’” Bill Kristol said on C-SPAN. “I actually don’t buy that. I do not think he’s a particular good guy . . . I think it would be better for the Republican party, if he left the Republican party.”
“[Buchanan] left the party in 1999 and a lot of people, and I was one of them, said, goodbye and good riddance, you’re not in the mainstream of the Republican party, go run as some Reform party candidate . . . he did in 2000 and he didn’t get many votes and actually George W. Bush I think was helped—and the Republican party was helped—to be free of Buchanan’s extreme isolationism, protectionism, anti-Israel views, and the like. Ron Paul is a little different from Pat Buchanan—but he’s no better, in my view. And I actually think we’d benefit in the long run—but even in the short run . . .”

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

Nate-ForLiberty
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks for neutering my thread. bok bok~!!!

Yeah, that was a lame title change.

SaulPaulinsky
01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I hope it isn't a surprise to anyone that Bill Kristol opposes Ron Paul.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 10:36 AM
I hope it isn't a surprise to anyone that Bill Kristol opposes Ron Paul.

Did you bother to read beyond the OP???

PastaRocket848
01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
I called him a warmonger to his face once. He didn't like it.

Philadelphia76
01-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I would LOVE to take the neo-cons out politically in 2012 (obviously)... but even if we don't get all the way there this year... time is NOT on the neo-cons' side. They're just trying to delay the inevitable IMHO. All you have to do is look at how even "international interventionists" and "hawks" in both parties viewed Libya. It was a "conflict" to be approached from 35,000 feet in the air (plus some special forces and CIA activity on the ground). It's over for these dipshits b/c finally people realize there's not enough money in the world to successfully rebuild any one of these stinking piles of camel dung countries. These guys are a confederacy of dunces outside the traditional American political tradition who have been wrong about virtually everything and are politically toxic to the GOP. Their GOP days are numbered IMHO. They should move to Israel... though I doubt the Israelis would even let them in.:cool:

speciallyblend
01-17-2012, 10:38 AM
call seal team 6

Len Larson
01-17-2012, 10:40 AM
We shouldn't let Kristol steal the halo of being pro-Israel, when in fact he is merely pro-Likud party.
Opposing views in Israel can be presented and used to neutralize his "pro-Israel" posturing.

Jack Bauer
01-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Bill Kristol - Chickenhawk extraordinaire
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/chuxty/chickenhawk640.jpg

Philadelphia76
01-17-2012, 10:44 AM
We shouldn't let Kristol steal the halo of being pro-Israel, when in fact he is merely pro-Likud party.
Opposing views in Israel can be presented and used to neutralize his "pro-Israel" posturing.

VERY true. As far as I can figure out even some Likud Party folks in Israel resent the American Neo-Cons "speaking for Israel". The whole thing is a sham manipulated for US political effect. It's shameful...

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 10:56 AM
VERY true. As far as I can figure out even some Likud Party folks in Israel resent the American Neo-Cons "speaking for Israel". The whole thing is a sham manipulated for US political effect. It's shameful...

For anyone who wants to understand the motives behind the Israel Lobby, read: The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy. Mearsheimer and Walt

cindy25
01-17-2012, 11:02 AM
He's a Santorum guy.

a vote for Santorum is one less vote for Mitt or Newt

AdamT
01-17-2012, 11:02 AM
I called him a warmonger to his face once. He didn't like it.

+Rep

BKom
01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Tweedle Dee.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
a vote for Santorum is one less vote for Mitt or Newt

You underestimate the power of the neocon-elite.

HOLLYWOOD
01-17-2012, 11:29 AM
This is the establishment power and they have their "HEIR" and some "SPARES" in the GOP primary.

We already know Obama is the same type of Meat Puppet they control in the White House, they all ly and are controlled by the same Progressive Liberal Far Right/Left Extremeists of ONE.

Hyperion
01-17-2012, 12:15 PM
All I know is that Bill Kristol is a war mongering tool, who shares responsibility for the deaths of Americans in the WoT. If there is a conflict with Iran, Billy should volunteer and put his money where his mouth is.

He better be careful for what he wishes. The Republican Party can't win without the support of libertarian minded voters. In fact when the GOP actually campaigns on limited government(i.e. 2010) they crush. This is one Republican who will no longer blindly support the GOP at the presidential level.

jct74
01-17-2012, 12:28 PM
yeah, I watched him on CSPAN this morning too. There were a lot of Ron Paul supporters that called in, including a vet that called Kristol out for being a chickenhawk. Kristol did lots of trashing on the newsletters and conspiracy theories, then at the end of the program he said Ron is not a good guy and he should be kicked out of the Republican Party.
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/303717-3

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 12:40 PM
yeah, I watched him on CSPAN this morning too. There were a lot of Ron Paul supporters that called in, including a vet that called Kristol out for being a chickenhawk. Kristol did lots of trashing on the newsletters and conspiracy theories, then at the end of the program Kristol said Ron Paul is not a good guy and he should be kicked out of the Republican Party.

And that CSPAN hag, Greta, always manages to let her liberal leanings come through.

Thrashertm
01-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Kristol challenged Ron Paul to a debate at 20:00 here http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/PrimaryFie

Can anyone alert the campaign? This could be helpful at some point?

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Kristol challenged Ron Paul to a debate at 20:00 here http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/PrimaryFie

Can anyone alert the campaign? This could be helpful at some point?

A presidential candidate typically doesn't do debates with non-candidates while he's on the campaign trail. But they should definitely put out a press release regarding that slanderous video that Kristol is behind, and refute the lies one by one. I am positive that video is behind the reaction Ron got last night.

parocks
01-17-2012, 01:19 PM
yeah, I watched him on CSPAN this morning too. There were a lot of Ron Paul supporters that called in, including a vet that called Kristol out for being a chickenhawk. Kristol did lots of trashing on the newsletters and conspiracy theories, then at the end of the program he said Ron is not a good guy and he should be kicked out of the Republican Party.

Bill Kristols dad, Irving Kristol, was the first and most famous neocon. He was a Democrat in 1968, was on the Humphrey task force.

kill the banks
01-17-2012, 01:21 PM
billy you are not a good guy getting kicked out of the republican party ! the end

Pyruuub
01-17-2012, 01:33 PM
This is the first time that I have seen the neocons actually worried. This means that we must be making some kind of progress. They're losing power and fighting back HARD. This is good for us. Let them fight. Our ideas will win, because they're true.

r3volution
01-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Kristols naziesk father should have been kicked out of the country yrs ago and we would not be in half the mess we are in now .

Len Larson
01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
For anyone who wants to understand the motives behind the Israel Lobby, read: The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy. Mearsheimer and Walt

FYI, Here's the link: http://mearsheimer.uchicago.edu/pdfs/A0040.pdf

jct74
01-17-2012, 05:26 PM
The Hill picked up Kristol's comments on CSPAN

Bill Kristol: 'Better for the Republican Party' if Ron Paul left GOP
By Geneva Sands-Sadowitz - 01/17/12 12:47 PM ET

Conservative political analyst Bill Kristol unapologetically said Tuesday that the Republican Party would be better off if presidential contender Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) left the GOP.

"I think it would be better for the Republican Party if he left the Republican Party," Kristol said on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" Tuesday.

Kristol, the founder and editor of The Weekly Standard, argued that Paul's fellow candidates and others in the GOP are wasting time and energy trying to prevent Paul from running as a third-party candidate by placating his candidacy and giving his views credibility.

He compared Paul to former Republican presidential candidate Pat Buchanan, telling C-SPAN that Republicans unsuccessfully tried to keep him from leaving the party.

read more:
http://thehill.com/video/campaign/204565-bill-kristol-better-for-the-republican-party-if-ron-paul-left-gop-

parocks
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
The Hill picked up Kristol's comments on CSPAN

read more:
http://thehill.com/video/campaign/204565-bill-kristol-better-for-the-republican-party-if-ron-paul-left-gop-

Team Kristol and the neocons need to go BACK to the Democrat Party where they came from. The "neocons" were a wing of the Democrat Party for many years. Except that they weren't called neocons until 1973. There is no long tradition of neocon in the Republican Party. They didn't start getting jobs with Republicans until the 1980s.

Many of us here bitch and moan about Establishment RINOs. Establishment RINOs are not neocons. Establishment RINOs typically beat Conservatives. Going back to 1940, Wendell Wilkie, Thomas Dewey, Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain, all Establishment RINOs. The Conservatives got Goldwater and Reagan.

The neocons are not of the Establishment RINO tradition. When Wilkie and Dewey were being nominated, the neocons were sitting in coffeeshops in NYC talking about how much they liked Trotsky, and they were all Democrats, if not registered Communists.

Imaginos
01-17-2012, 05:41 PM
I know who he is. He, and his ilk are the enemy of freedom. I'm going to do everything within my power to counter his attacks on Ron. All of us should. This man is dangerous.
Bill Kristol is not just the enemy of freedom.
He and his ilks are the enemy of the Constitution, all the American people (minus 'the chosen'), and entire humanity.
I am 100% convinced if there's Hell, these people will go there.
These people turned America, once a great nation, into the Corporatist Police state.
These people sent our fathers and families to war and had them killed and maimed.
These people killed many civilians including women and children all around the world and they used our name and tainted the word 'America' forever.
These people got involved with wars with our tax money and got big chunks out of it and laugh all the way to the bank along with the CEOs of the Military Industrial Complex.
These people, including, Bill Kristol need to be stripped of U.S. citizenship and deported to Israel.
These people should be banned to enter this country and if they try, should be dealt with 'shoot on sight' policy.

Student Of Paulism
01-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Bill Kristol is not just the enemy of freedom.
He and his ilks are the enemy of the Constitution, all the American people (minus 'the chosen'), and entire humanity.
I am 100% convinced if there's Hell, these people will go there.
These people turned America, once a great nation, into the Corporatist Police state.
These people sent our fathers and families to war and had them killed and maimed.
These people killed many civilians including women and children all around the world and they used our name and tainted the word 'America' forever.
These people got involved with wars with our tax money and got big chunks out of it and laugh all the way to the bank along with the CEOs of the Military Industrial Complex.
These people, including, Bill Kristol need to be stripped of U.S. citizenship and deported to Israel.
These people should be banned to enter this country and if they try, should be dealt with 'shoot on sight' policy.

Yea, pretty much...

If some of you wanna see a bit of the roots of it all, here is just a piece of it. This goes way back even before the neocons came about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ujzRX6NhnQ

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 06:09 PM
billy you are not a good guy getting kicked out of the republican party ! the end

He said on CSPAN today that Ron Paul should get kicked out the Republican Party.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Team Kristol and the neocons need to go BACK to the Democrat Party where they came from. The "neocons" were a wing of the Democrat Party for many years. Except that they weren't called neocons until 1973. There is no long tradition of neocon in the Republican Party. They didn't start getting jobs with Republicans until the 1980s.

Many of us here bitch and moan about Establishment RINOs. Establishment RINOs are not neocons. Establishment RINOs typically beat Conservatives. Going back to 1940, Wendell Wilkie, Thomas Dewey, Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain, all Establishment RINOs. The Conservatives got Goldwater and Reagan.

The neocons are not of the Establishment RINO tradition. When Wilkie and Dewey were being nominated, the neocons were sitting in coffeeshops in NYC talking about how much they liked Trotsky, and they were all Democrats, if not registered Communists.

This.

mac_hine
01-17-2012, 06:55 PM
What is Neoconservatism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvGbPCi-bMQ

More important than the names of people affiliated with neo-conservatism are the views they adhere to. Here is a brief summary of the general understanding of what neocons believe:

They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution, violent as well as intellectual.
They are for redrawing the map of the Middle East and are willing to use force to do so.
They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends.
They accept the notion that the ends justify the means — that hard-ball politics is a moral necessity.
They express no opposition to the welfare state.
They are not bashful about an American empire; instead they strongly endorse it.
They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive.
They believe a powerful federal government is a benefit.
They believe pertinent facts about how a society should be run should be held by the elite and withheld from those who do not have the courage to deal with it.
They believe neutrality in foreign affairs is ill-advised.
They hold Leo Strauss in high esteem.
They believe imperialism, if progressive in nature, is appropriate.
Using American might to force American ideals on others is acceptable. Force should not be limited to the defense of our country.
9-11 resulted from the lack of foreign entanglements, not from too many.
They dislike and despise libertarians (therefore, the same applies to all strict constitutionalists).
They endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.
They unconditionally support Israel and have a close alliance with the Likud Party.

....In addition to publications, multiple think tanks and projects were created to promote their agenda. A product of the Bradley Foundation, American Enterprise Institute (AEI) led the neocon charge, but the real push for war came from the Project for a New American Century (PNAC), another organization helped by the Bradley Foundation. This occurred in 1998 and was chaired by Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol. Early on, they urged war against Iraq, but were disappointed with the Clinton administration, which never followed through with its periodic bombings. Obviously, these bombings were motivated more by Clinton's personal and political problems than a belief in the neocon agenda.

The election of 2000 changed all that. The Defense Policy Board, chaired by Richard Perle played no small role in coordinating the various projects and think tanks, all determined to take us into war against Iraq. It wasn't too long before the dream of empire was brought closer to reality by the election of 2000 with Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld playing key roles in this accomplishment. The plan to promote an “American greatness” imperialistic foreign policy was now a distinct possibility. Iraq offered a great opportunity to prove their long-held theories. This opportunity was a consequence of the 9-11 disaster.

The money and views of Rupert Murdock also played a key role in promoting the neocon views, as well as rallying support by the general population, through his News Corporation, which owns Fox News Network, the New York Post and Weekly Standard. This powerful and influential media empire did more to galvanize public support for the Iraqi invasion than one might imagine. This facilitated the Rumsfeld/Cheney policy as their plans to attack Iraq came to fruition. It would have been difficult for the neocons to usurp foreign policy from the restraints of Colin Powell's State Department without the successful agitation of the Rupert Murdock empire. Max Boot was satisfied, as he explained: “Neoconservatives believe in using American might to promote American ideals abroad.” This attitude is a far cry from the advice of the Founders, who advocated no entangling alliances and neutrality as the proper goal of American foreign policy. ~Ron Paul- We've Been Neo-Conned http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul110.html

-----------------------------------

Great thread Deb K.(+rep)

This is an extremely important topic, IMO. The battle between the remnant of the liberty wing of the Republican party (RP) and the neocon establishment is upon us. I think that this is the fight that will determine not only the future of Ron's candidacy, but the future of this nation as well.

Okie RP fan
01-17-2012, 06:58 PM

Good points.

I think the establishment in this race is Gingrich and Romney. With Santorum and Bachmann (no longer running) being the neocons.
However, Gingrich is a putrid mixture of neocon/establishment.

unknown
01-17-2012, 07:05 PM
This Ron Paul video will help you understand where Bill Crystal is coming from:
(Ron Paul names Neo-Cons on House Floor - July 10, 2003)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNb_610L0GE

Wow, America has been hijacked...

pahs1994
01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
When you look up NEOCON, his picture is there.
Lol no picture, but he is listed at the bottom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

parocks
01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Good points.

I think the establishment in this race is Gingrich and Romney. With Santorum and Bachmann (no longer running) being the neocons.
However, Gingrich is a putrid mixture of neocon/establishment.

I dunno about that. I'd say none of them are neocons. The neocon foreign policy is the mainstream republican foreign policy.

Neocons aren't socons.

Deborah K
01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I dunno about that. I'd say none of them are neocons. The neocon foreign policy is the mainstream republican foreign policy.

Neocons aren't socons.

Kristol is backing Santorum. If he isn't a neocon, then he can be bought by one.

parocks
01-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Kristol is backing Santorum. If he isn't a neocon, then he can be bought by one.

Kristol most certainly is the most famous neocon today. Neocon politicians are rare. The neocon foreign policy is the mainstream republican foreign policy right now. If Kristol is backing Santorum, that's fine. Kristol and the neocons don't say "no one but ?". Kristol wants someone who will back Israel 100%, and will say nice things about that candidate, and apparently tell people who disagree to leave the Republican Party. I would guess that Kristol would prefer that Santorum not have "man on dog" on his resume. But Santorum is taking the neocon foreign policy 100% and that's good enough for Kristol.

If Ron Paul won the Republican Nomination, Kristol would back Obama, and tell others to back Obama.

zweezey
01-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Kristol says he is mildly pro gold standard and is against the fed in his latest C span interview.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/PrimaryFie