PDA

View Full Version : Folks, New people think RP is a Downer!! They get the message but GEEZSS..

Dave Wood
11-10-2007, 09:29 PM
THis is feedback from relatives in S.C., Md, L.A after todays events........They get it!!

The man is Brilliant if not very intelligent....However, when you drive the regular non-political folks that close to reality, the least you can do is pump them up at the end.....meaning, talk about the future with a smile! Example "These are things that have to be done for the union to succeed, but I see no reason why these simple things cant be changed quickly allowing all of us to move toward restoration of our constitutional government............blah blah

Something! Rocky Lynn is very depressing at these rallies.....I`m sure he has more upbeat stuff!!

Rp is out there now, they get it!! People are learning. The best thing we can do after this weekend is force a more positive stance for RP rallies, interviews and speeches...

They ARE getting him!! Now lets show them whats in store when RP takes the Helm.

We need theme music as well...the others have it and it sets the tone...does RP like Buddy Holly, Elvis, Temptations, what makes him comfortable? Anyone?

Dave Wood
11-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Bump until you listen...I know I am not the only one getting this feedback!

Mr. White
11-10-2007, 09:48 PM
I have a tendency to associate with people who already understand the reality of things, but I hear ya.

Cindy
11-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Most people I deal understand the corrupt nature of our government and the direction it is taking so, they in turn get a LIFT when they hear about pauls candidacy and what he stands for.

For example, the first i saw and heard of Paul was him railing hard into greenspan about how screwed up the Nations finaces and economic policys are and how we are headed for economic ruin and I was laughing with joy bouncing in my chair to see this unknown congressmen speaking up to the Feds like that with such truth and courage. It was excitingly AWESOME to me!!!!!

To deal with those who trust our government and think they have been doing right by the people, sure Paul sounds like a downer.

There is a saying around here-KNOW your audience.

There are ways to make Paul sound UP!

Empahsize his honestly and integrity, stuff about how he never voted to raise congressional pay, returns a portion of his congressional salary to the U.S. Treasury every year, never took a government paid junket, never voted to raise taxes or for an unbalanced budget. Tell the Rosa Parks story. Mention he is called the tax payers best friend in Washington, mention how much he supports the troops and understands foriegn Policy, evidenced by how he gets more donations from U.S. Military personel then any other candidate.

There are ways to point out the uplifting positives about Paul without having to get into the negatives of whats really been going on while people are wrapped up in who will become Americas Next Idol. Keep it light with those types and smile a lot, as if you are talking with a four year old who dropped their icecream cone.

Dave Wood
11-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Most people I deal understand the corrupt nature of our government and the direction it is taking so, they in turn get a LIFT when they hear about pauls candidacy and what he stands for.

For example, the first i saw and heard of Paul was him railing hard into greenspan about how screwed up the Nations finaces and economic policys are and how we are headed for economic ruin and I was laughing with joy bouncing in my chair to see this unknown congressmen speaking up to the Feds like that with such truth and courage. It was excitingly AWESOME to me!!!!!

To deal with those who trust our government and think they have been doing right by the people, sure Paul sounds like a downer.

There is a saying around here-KNOW your audience.

There are ways to make Paul sound UP!

Empahsize his honestly and integrity, stuff about how he never voted to raise congressional pay, returns a portion of his congressional salary to the U.S. Treasury every year, never took a government paid junket, never voted to raise taxes or for an unbalanced budget. Tell the Rosa Parks story. Mention he is called the tax payers best friend in Washington, mention how much he supports the troops and understands foriegn Policy, evidenced by how he gets more donations from U.S. Military personel then any other candidate.

There are ways to point out the uplifting positives about Paul without having to get into the negatives of whats really been going on while people are wrapped up in who will become Americas Next Idol. Keep it light with those types and smile a lot, as if you are talking with a four year old who dropped their icecream cone.

Cindy, you are great!...but missing the point. I completely understand your point of the normal RP recruit but I am dealing with the normal voter here.

I pushed RP and they listened. Their feedback was telling. The JOE SIXPACK voter out there isnt going to vote based on fixes. They are voting for the one who makes them feel the best, the RICHEST. They expect everything to be right after they vote for their candidate.................ugh, I`m so frustrated, tired.

Ninja Homer
11-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I understand what you're saying, and I agree. Ron Paul needs to paint a positive image of what it will be like when he is President. How quickly things can change, how soon we can have peace, how much more wealth we'll have, etc. He's good at pointing out the problems. The solution to almost all of those problems is easy... just follow the Constitution. He needs to explain all the positives that will happen when we follow the Constitution, and how quickly things can turn around.

There's a YouTube video of Ron Paul sitting on a chair after a rally just chatting with people, where he was just explaining how quickly things can change just by the President changing the foreign policy by calling all the troops home. I remember thinking, wow, why doesn't he do that at the end of all of his speeches? I'll see if I can dig up the link.

Found the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDM8US25xXg

walt
11-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Ron's mesage MUST be simplified. It's overwhelming to some people.

CJLauderdale4
11-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Dave, I understand your point. I tend to feel this way about Ron Paul himself when he is at the debates.

In speeches, he speaks of "Hope for America" and the changes needed in a positive light. But when he's up against 8-9 other neo-cons, who are saying the same ol' garbage, he tends to be the odd man out, having to point out the fallacy of the neo-con positions, making him look negative.

Just as I wish Ron Paul himself would inject some positive outlook on what his administration and ideas would engender, I too agree with you that supporters should do the same. When we talk to other would'be voters or supporters, we should be thrilled with the concept of what an end to the Iraq conflict would feel like - or the elimination of useless foreign and military spending - or secure borders and no Federal mandate to give free health care and education to illegals - etc., etc.

Just be positive about what the difference would be, not just the negative about what the status quo already is. Show that there is an alternative, and after November 5th, we've proven that HE CAN WIN!!!

monotony
11-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Cindy, you are great!...but missing the point. I completely understand your point of the normal RP recruit but I am dealing with the normal voter here.

I pushed RP and they listened. Their feedback was telling. The JOE SIXPACK voter out there isnt going to vote based on fixes. They are voting for the one who makes them feel the best, the RICHEST. They expect everything to be right after they vote for their candidate.................ugh, I`m so frustrated, tired.

I'm sure Joe Sixpack can use the 35% that the federal gov't steals from his paycheck. That along with destroying the inflation tax will make him feel rich.

I agree that things could sometimes be worded more in terms of how much better things will be, instead of how bad things are now. Many people will respond to that as well, although i think most people are just happy to hear a politician telling the truth.

Cowlesy
11-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Giving a speech should take the same approach as giving feedback to your employees.

Start off with an upbeat message, put the not-fun/brainy/bad stuff in the middle, and then finish with another uplifting message.

Barack Obama does this extremely well, and is often considered one of the better orators in the race.

Copperhed51
11-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree. A little more of a positive message would go a long way. It's ok to talk about the bad stuff because people need to understand it's there, but then talking about how great of a country this is and how much greater it can be could help people feel more comfortable with Dr. Paul.

Proemio
11-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Problem is, the doctor knows how much worse it will get before he can get to do all the right stuff.

For example, people losing their homes will peak around late spring, early summer 08, IF everything else stays sort of under control - it won't. Making rosy predictions now, will make him look like the run-of-the-mill snake-oil sales men (and women) the others are, and that well before the elections.

That's where the Hope part comes into play. Hope through credibility and realistic solutions - not pie in the sky. It may be a bit of a negative now, but will be crucial when it really counts - Nov08.

me3
11-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Ron's mesage MUST be simplified. It's overwhelming to some people.
Simplified and the delivery could use a little work.

His weakest attribute is his public speaking.

kaligula
11-10-2007, 11:55 PM
THis is feedback from relatives in S.C., Md, L.A after todays events........They get it!!

The man is Brilliant if not very intelligent....However, when you drive the regular non-political folks that close to reality, the least you can do is pump them up at the end.....meaning, talk about the future with a smile! Example "These are things that have to be done for the union to succeed, but I see no reason why these simple things cant be changed quickly allowing all of us to move toward restoration of our constitutional government............blah blah

Something! Rocky Lynn is very depressing at these rallies.....I`m sure he has more upbeat stuff!!

Rp is out there now, they get it!! People are learning. The best thing we can do after this weekend is force a more positive stance for RP rallies, interviews and speeches...

They ARE getting him!! Now lets show them whats in store when RP takes the Helm.

We need theme music as well...the others have it and it sets the tone...does RP like Buddy Holly, Elvis, Temptations, what makes him comfortable? Anyone?

Ask Obama how well that strategy of running a General Election of Hope in a Democratic Primary is going? It isn't the general election quite yet, it is the Republican primary...Hit em hard and make the case...Ronald Reagan sure didn't run a "Morning in America" campaign in 1976.

As far as music is concerned, i doubt Paul's musical tastes would appeal to his youth demographic. And I don't think Buddy Holly would quite capture the essence of the campaign, either...LOL...

At the Michigan Rally, the music was the Beatles, Foo Fighters, Sublime...

Dlynne
11-10-2007, 11:56 PM
I agree with this. It is part of the reason I wish Paul had a professional speech writer. We need to act like we are first tier.

walt
11-11-2007, 12:01 AM
then again...

be patient, it took me a few weeks for it to go from curiousity to devoted. it's not an instant process.

American
11-11-2007, 12:04 AM
He needs a speech writer, I have sent emaisl and posted several times he needs a more upbeat simple message that says the same thing but in a more easy to understand manner.

coffeewithchess
11-11-2007, 12:11 AM
I agree with all of this...my family says the same thing "He sounds negative in the debates, nothing positive, the SKY IS FALLING".
It's not WHAT YOU SAY, but HOW YOU SAY IT...if Dr. Paul could change a few words here and there, he would be getting major support.
Mike Huckabee is a very likeable candidate and that is why he is getting the support he is, not because of what he is saying(which is nothing different from the others) but because of what and how he is saying it.
Ron Paul, I think, would greatly benefit from a "speech coach", someone that asks him questions, listens to his answers and then they try to change a few words to make it a more positive message.

Ron Paul Fan
11-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I think Ron Paul is doing a great job and should be commended. Ron Paul, I commend you for everything that you're doing to restore liberty to the United States of America.

Mark
11-11-2007, 12:38 AM

What isn't positive about ending the slaughter in Iraq,
letting kids out of Social Security,
protecting our borders,
restoring the economy;
ending Real ID,

ect ect ect?

I'm THRILLED when I hear him speak..
but.. I can still think for myself

instead of expecting the MSM to think for me..

You can't please everyone.. like somone said.. it'll sink in..

Do you want another "Slick Willie"?

A 'see-through' fake who uses smooth words..

Dr Paul is REAL.. and guess what.. right now.. REAL(ity) SUCKS..

He speaks like a real person.. not some 'speechwriter creation'..

People with a 'clue' get it.. some just take longer than others
depending on the amount of brainwashing that needs to be erased..

Coming from NC.. it's not surprising at all to me..
the neo-con 'force is strong' 'round these parts..

Maybe.. YOU can be the 'positive message' to them..

take what he says and then show/tell the positive results
of what he's saying..

for example.. when the news says 12 more of our boys and girls
were killed in Iraq.. point out that 12 less families would be in mourning today
if Dr Paul was President..

look around and find a young family member.. and say.. like
"what if it was (young family member) who was killed today
or about to be drafted to go die in Iraq or Iran.. next..

BE... THE POSITIVE MESSAGE FOR DR PAUL ect..

Mark
11-11-2007, 12:44 AM

RP4ME
11-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I understand what you're saying, and I agree. Ron Paul needs to paint a positive image of what it will be like when he is President. How quickly things can change, how soon we can have peace, how much more wealth we'll have, etc. He's good at pointing out the problems. The solution to almost all of those problems is easy... just follow the Constitution. He needs to explain all the positives that will happen when we follow the Constitution, and how quickly things can turn around.

There's a YouTube video of Ron Paul sitting on a chair after a rally just chatting with people, where he was just explaining how quickly things can change just by the President changing the foreign policy by calling all the troops home. I remember thinking, wow, why doesn't he do that at the end of all of his speeches? I'll see if I can dig up the link.

Found the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDM8US25xXg

Agreed!He can still educate an dcreat the pain.......but end with a brighter note!

Original_Intent
11-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Well when you have been living on no-limit credit cards for decades and one day someone comes along and says we have to cut up the credit cards, that tends to not be really uplifting for people living in denial.

wildflower
11-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Do you want another "Slick Willie"?

A 'see-through' fake who uses smooth words..

Dr Paul is REAL.. and guess what.. right now.. REAL(ity) SUCKS..

He speaks like a real person.. not some 'speechwriter creation'..

People with a 'clue' get it.. some just take longer than others
depending on the amount of brainwashing that needs to be erased..

I agree. That's one of the reasons I like him, he's real... he's not your typical phony politician with their finger to the wind just saying whatever people want to hear.

RobotJaxxon
11-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I agree with all of this...my family says the same thing "He sounds negative in the debates, nothing positive, the SKY IS FALLING".
It's not WHAT YOU SAY, but HOW YOU SAY IT...if Dr. Paul could change a few words here and there, he would be getting major support.
Mike Huckabee is a very likeable candidate and that is why he is getting the support he is, not because of what he is saying(which is nothing different from the others) but because of what and how he is saying it.
Ron Paul, I think, would greatly benefit from a "speech coach", someone that asks him questions, listens to his answers and then they try to change a few words to make it a more positive message.

Ron Paul addresses the issue of speech writers and coaches a little in his interview with Adam Curry. Curry called him out on the lame-ness of some of his ads, and Paul replied that he believes that a professional campaign ad producer would want to alter his message too much. I'd be willing to bet he'd say the same thing about speech writers and coaches. Personally, I'm conflicted about what he should do.

Ron Paul Fan
11-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Personally, I'm not conflicted about what he should do. He's done a wonderful job so far rallying the people. He doesn't want to run my life, so I will extend him the same courtesy by not trying to run his and by not telling him how to run his campaign. Keep doing what you're doing Congressman Paul! I appreciate it!

sugaki
11-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Think some ppl subsist too much on granolas or something.

Slick, well produced or well-presented isn't necessarily evil. I don't see how some of you make that leap. Something can be slick and still honest.

I agree with the OP--on top of that I think his approach is too pedantic for the average American to follow.

Mark
11-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Think some ppl subsist too much on granolas or something.

Slick, well produced or well-presented isn't necessarily evil. I don't see how some of you make that leap. Something can be slick and still honest.

I agree with the OP--on top of that I think his approach is too pedantic for the average American to follow.

I don't know how some people jump from "real' to 'evil'..

now that I looked at your 12 posts.. let me add..

I don't know how some people jump from "real' to 'evil'.. troll..

Mark
11-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Dr Paul got from nearly NO support to 4.3 Million in one day..

and CNN showing a live rally

And.. what he's doing ISN'T WORKING?

geez...

sugaki
11-11-2007, 01:32 AM
I don't know how some people jump from "real' to 'evil'..

now that I looked at your 12 posts.. let me add..

I don't know how some people jump from "real' to 'evil'.. troll..

Maybe if you make some sense and can craft a coherent argument, you can make another reply. Scratching my head at why you put "real" in quotes, when I never even used the word.

Dr Paul got from nearly NO support to 4.3 Million in one day..

Money doesn't win an election. Popular support does. Ross Perot had all the money and still lost.

Mark
11-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Maybe if you make some sense and can craft a coherent argument, you can make another reply. Scratching my head at why you put "real" in quotes, when I never even used the word.

"I think some ppl subsist too much on granolas or something."

VERY coherent argument you present there.
It got the answer it deserved.

"Slick, well produced or well-presented isn't necessarily evil. I don't see how some of you make that leap. Something can be slick and still honest."

I can follow a subject without repeating every word. Try it.

I'll do it for you this time..

"Slick" isn't "real".

You, by reference.. implied that "real".. i.e. "not slick".. was "evil".

"I agree with the OP--on top of that I think his approach is too pedantic for the average American to follow."

You used a big word. Without a dictionary?

Money doesn't win an election. Popular support does. Ross Perot had all the money and still lost.

Again.. try following the subject of a thread.. OR.. the post you're referencing..

No one said that .. now did they Mr T?

nayjevin
11-11-2007, 02:02 AM
ron paul is not a pill. i resent that.

Richandler
11-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Ron himself I think could afford to be more positive and smile at the debates and in interviews because it is where he shines.

Mark
11-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Ron himself I think could afford to be more positive and smile at the debates and in interviews because it is where he shines.

He smiled at the end of the CNN interview..

the lady interviewing couldn't keep a straight face.. ;)

She loved him.. just the way he is.. and I do too..

sugaki
11-11-2007, 02:20 AM
I can follow a subject without repeating every word. Try it.

No, you obviously can't. You make an over-the-cliff leap in logic.

You, by reference.. implied that "real".. i.e. "not slick".. was "evil".

LOL! I never said real was evil--you need some serious help in the reading comprehension department. And before bashing my diction maybe you should look at your own dubious grammar.

bootstrap
11-11-2007, 02:23 AM
My fellow americans...

The Iraq war is over.

The Iran war will not happen.

Your civil rights have been restored.

Your federal income taxes are now zero.

The government will no longer force you to violate your own privacy.

All secrets the government has been hiding for decades are being released.

Sorry I couldn't be more positive on my first day in office. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Dave Wood
11-11-2007, 08:47 AM
My fellow americans...

The Iraq war is over.

Sorry I couldn't be more positive on my first day in office. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

That`s excellent!

I was able to talk to my bro-in-law in SC early this AM. He was one of the ones who watched the rally yesterday and said he felt depressed by RP.

He said something that he DIDNT say yesterday...."I never said I wouldnt vote for him, just that listening to him is like taking a body blow". I thought that was a positive!

They had to leave for church so we couldnt talk any more. If I can offer any more positive updates on these 5 stories I will keep them in this thread....to try to clean up a little.

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 08:55 AM
My fellow americans...

The Iraq war is over.

Heh. I love it! :)

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 08:59 AM
C'mon people. Don't fight. We're on the same side here.

Henry
11-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Closer scrutiny relative to the professionalism of the staff is in order!

ShowMeLiberty
11-11-2007, 09:08 AM
My fellow americans...

The Iraq war is over.

There you go. :)

I read this thread last night but didn't reply because I wanted to think about it. It so annoyed me that people who supposedly "get it" don't think real solutions to real problems is good enough - they want to be entertained.

Tell them we aren't going to elect another joker, another clown, another buffoon to the White House. Somebody needs to take this stuff seriously because the result of not taking it seriously won't be any fun at all. Ron Paul is the only one with a positive message!

That said, you might show them the Tonight Show vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0KwY9Uzqtk which was quite a more "entertaining" presentation.