PDA

View Full Version : How big is the new ad buy?

RileyE104
01-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Three of a Kind, released the night of Monday, January 16th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSVi45vfA6o&feature=g-all-u&context=G2ef2ffaFAAAAAAAAIAA

Will it run heavily throughout the rest of the week?

I'm assuming it's the last TV ad until after South Carolina votes. :confused:

Karsten
01-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Unfortunately probably not nearly as big as it should be.

RileyE104
01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
bump, anyone got numbers yet? no report from politico?

helmuth_hubener
01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
The ad buy almost certainly would have had to have already been made, right? You're going to get a horrible deal buying time just 3 days in advance, at a time when a bunch of other people are in a bidding war for the same time. I would think that the slots were already bought, and that they're just filling in the slots with this new ad.

I hope it's at least half a million, because we do have a shot at getting second in SC, I believe, which would be sensational and the success would rub off into the later states like Nevada and Minnesota, too.

trey4sports
01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
The ad buy almost certainly would have had to have already been made, right? You're going to get a horrible deal buying time just 3 days in advance, at a time when a bunch of other people are in a bidding war for the same time. I would think that the slots were already bought, and that they're just filling in the slots with this new ad.

I hope it's at least half a million, because we do have a shot at getting second in SC, I believe, which would be sensational and the success would rub off into the later states like Nevada and Minnesota, too.

with our latest moneybomb there is no way in hell they're sinking 500K into S.C. in fact I'd bet the ad buy is very small maybe 100K.

archangel689
01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
"The amount we’ve raised this weekend has already enabled me to increase our planned ad buy in South Carolina,"

dante
01-17-2012, 07:41 PM
There was a press release out before NH that the campaign had preemptively made a 600k ad buy for SC. I would expect most of that was pre-buying ad slots for this week.

neverseen
01-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Betcha this was paid for a while ago. They don't buy these things at 9pm on a monday night. They bought the slot in advance and just debuted the commercial for it. These things don't happen over night. This is a professional campaign. You naysayers are kidding yourselves.

RileyE104
01-17-2012, 07:53 PM
with our latest moneybomb there is no way in hell they're sinking 500K into S.C. in fact I'd bet the ad buy is very small maybe 100K.

Way to be a negative nancy... The anti-Santorum ad was funded with $250,000 and it started airing last Monday.

This new ad is way better than that ad, so hopefully the campaign put at least another $250,000 into airing it today and the next four days...

Betcha this was paid for a while ago. They don't buy these things at 9pm on a monday night. They bought the slot in advance and just debuted the commercial for it. These things don't happen over night. This is a professional campaign. You naysayers are kidding yourselves.

Thanks for the info!

"The amount we’ve raised this weekend has already enabled me to increase our planned ad buy in South Carolina,"

Awesome!

helmuth_hubener
01-17-2012, 09:44 PM
There was a press release out before NH that the campaign had preemptively made a 600k ad buy for SC. There we go! Thanks. Even more than half a million. That is a good amount, especially considering the Santa Rita ads. Leaves plenty to spend a million on Nevada, Minnesota, and Maine.

trey4sports
01-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Way to be a negative nancy... The anti-Santorum ad was funded with $250,000 and it started airing last Monday.

it's not being negative it's just being strategic. We need a momentum booster because we're going to need a WIN soon and we're also going to have to spend a lot of money on super tuesday. If it's just us and Romney the media will have wrote off Ron Paul and probably wont even mention the fact that there is a race going on.

libertybrewcity
01-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Don't forget Santa Rica PAC is chipping in 300k for ads in SC in addition to the RP ads that have been playing for months.