PDA

View Full Version : 8 years until the liberty movement is a majority?

AlexAmore
01-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I decided to look at how many people are currently using TV and internet as their main sources of news. Then I wanted to get a figure from a long time ago in order to measure the change and then project the future. I just roughly estimated it with some math. I figure the more people use the internet, the more our liberty movement flourishes. Simple as that.

I used these for sources:
http://mashable.com/2011/03/15/online-versus-newspaper-news/
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/internet-hits-all-time-high-news-source-tv-all-time-low-says-pew

"the 18-to-29-year-old group overwhelmingly cast their vote with the web; 65% said the Internet was their main news source."

So I figure if you get 41-43% who receive their news from the internet up to 66% (currently for TV) then we'll turn the tables. Back in 1999 it was 6% who got their news from the internet. I estimated 8 years, with a little math, until we're a majority in the Republican races, I might be wrong but it seems reasonable.

For thousands of years, and more recently in American history, never has there been anything like the internet. So we've had rampant government doing whatever it wants with Americans completely out of the loop. It's only been since 2003 has there been social media. This stuff is brand spanking new, making huge impacts, and not even the power grabbers could have predicted it.

This is a real reason to be optimistic, and to keep going strong. 8 years seems like a long time but with the internet, there seems to be compounded growth, it's just so fast to evolve. Ron Paul came in freaking 3rd in Iowa and 2nd in NH for God's sakes, HUGE growth from the first crack at it in 2008. It all seems to point to my estimation.

Thoughts?

Lafayette
01-16-2012, 11:50 PM
I know im not alone in saying....we do not have 8 years.

Travlyr
01-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Middle Spring 2012 or maybe early Summer... it's over. Main Stream Media is toast. That includes Rushie, Hannity, O'Reilly, Ed Show, Rachael Maddow, Levin, Hartmann, and all the other liars. Lying doesn't earn trust.

Summer of 2012 people are either going to have to tell it like it is or gtfo. People will not put up with being fooled.

The_Ruffneck
01-17-2012, 01:29 AM
I know im not alone in saying....we do not have 8 years.
I'm not even sure we have 8 months.I really hope this Iran war thing doesn't kick off or it's world war 3 i am afraid.

AlexAmore
01-17-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm not saying we can't have major things happen beforehand. I think Ron Paul has a shot. I certainly think Rand Paul would have an enormous shot in 4 years. I'm just saying the liberty movement looks to be the majority in 8 years, but it could be earlier depending on major events or breakthroughs in internet technology/social media.

This simply means we're the Mitt Romney of the race and everyone else is fighting for 2nd to be the anti-Rand Paul candidate lol.

ryanmkeisling
01-17-2012, 02:45 AM
I think it is already the majority. Keep in mind only 40% of the population actually shows up and votes. That leaves a lot of people....

GOTV is key for this campaign, along with all the other hurdles.... They really are doing a great job despite all of the gripe that goes on....

SxECanadianFanSxE
01-17-2012, 03:20 AM
Ron Paul is going to go to the very end, regardless of how many delegates he picks up. When he has all of the 1v1 debates with Romney, he will peak.
Whether that will be enough to win the nomination is unclear. The bigger theme is that Paul supporters never leave so if Paul sticks in until the summer, his numbers will grow to upwards of 30% (of the REPUBLICAN electorate).

Rand will have that 30% built in making him virtually impossible to beat in 2016, let alone 2020.