PDA

View Full Version : Remember this? (You'll feel better)

Havax
01-16-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qQYDn5wqeg

This debate he was booed pretty badly and didn't give the best answer (citing Osama Bin Laden's words and saying "Palestine" and "fair shake" in the same sentence). I specifically remember the next poll that came out after that debate showed Ron rising when everyone thought this would be a dagger in the campaign and we'd lose support.

We don't lose support. We speak the truth and the truth wins. He didn't stumble with the truth. What he said tonight was 100% correct, he just didn't convey it in a way on that one answer that won new voters. There were other great answers. There are more debates. Truth wins. Stop panicking and do something productive like donating or getting on the phones.

Havax
01-16-2012, 10:58 PM
@jasonmreich Crowd is booing Ron Paul's invocation of the golden rule. Mighty Christian of you folks. #SCDebate
1 hour ago

That's a Daily Show writer. Expect them to have something good tomorrow.

pebcak
01-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Takes real courage to speak the truth like Paul does. We owe him much for standing up to the war machine like he has.

Tyler_Durden
01-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Booing "do unto others"

I don't get it...

Srg1
01-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Its prob the same guy that booed today.Everytime i hear ron get booed it sounds like that same loudmouth that starts it off

JWRIDDLER
01-16-2012, 11:04 PM
I get sick to my stomach watching these videos of RP getting booed

No Free Beer
01-16-2012, 11:19 PM
@jasonmreich Crowd is booing Ron Paul's invocation of the golden rule. Mighty Christian of you folks. #SCDebate
1 hour ago

That's a Daily Show writer. Expect them to have something good tomorrow.

i knew it.

damiengwa
01-16-2012, 11:32 PM
They turned up the booing...remember this is fox. The probably dubbed it.

affa
01-16-2012, 11:53 PM
this 'boo' will help Ron Paul. it's another 89 seconds.

the backlash on booing the Golden Rule has every potential to be fierce.

jct74
01-17-2012, 01:19 AM
The same thing happened after the final Iowa debate on December 15 where he talked about Iran a lot. All the pundits said he really hurt himself because of his foreign policy answers, but his RCP average jumped 7 points over the next week.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_primary-1588.html

Karsten
01-17-2012, 01:28 AM
I remember the last Iowa debate everybody thought that was it.
3 days later the first poll came out showing us leading in Iowa.

QWDC
01-17-2012, 01:30 AM
When you hear the boos just remember: 80% of people agree with Ron on foreign policy for the most part. It's definitely NOT an Achilles heel.

Karsten
01-17-2012, 01:30 AM
And going WAY back, the whole Ron Paul movement REALLY didn't start until the infamous Giuliani/Paul debate.

seapilot
01-17-2012, 01:39 AM
I did not see the "debate" staged circus. I watched the clip of him defining militarism and national defense and thought it was an excellent answer. That will resonate with people in SC who have businesses connected to providing services to bases.

The booing sounded staged and fake. I could also hear some clapping with the booing. If the audience was really booing the golden rule, then that is very unfortunate. That will not go unnoticed in more ways than one.

LadyBastiat
01-17-2012, 01:47 AM
When you hear the boos just remember: 80% of people agree with Ron on foreign policy for the most part. It's definitely NOT an Achilles heel.

They agree we shouldn't be policing the world but that isn't seen the same as preventing Iran from going nuclear AND ending funding to Israel. Voters are still learning that these things go hand in hand which is the reason, I believe, for the type of reaction we got in SC over following the golden rule (boo) and bringing our troops home (and the crowd goes wild).