PDA

View Full Version : Debate - Osama question

guysenjem
01-16-2012, 09:40 PM
He looked totally unprepared for the Osama Bin Laden assassination question. Who prepares him for these things? The best way to answer that question IMO
is to point out that OBL had been reduced to a powerless figurehead. By assassinating him in the way we did in a secret mission without the permission of
Pakistan only hurt our standing in the Middle East and will only embolden more terrorists. We should have cooperated with Pakistan to capture him alive and
try him. Of course, bringing up the
complete truth - that OBL had nothing to do with 911 is beyond the scope of most voters. In light of this he should just concentrate on what was actually
accomplished by killing him in such a way - instead he stuttered and stammered his way through. I was a bad moment in the debate. He needs to be better
prepared for such a question.

Enforcer
01-16-2012, 10:06 PM
He looked totally unprepared for the Osama Bin Laden assassination question. Who prepares him for these things? The best way to answer that question IMO
is to point out that OBL had been reduced to a powerless figurehead. By assassinating him in the way we did in a secret mission without the permission of
Pakistan only hurt our standing in the Middle East and will only embolden more terrorists. We should have cooperated with Pakistan to capture him alive and
try him. Of course, bringing up the
complete truth - that OBL had nothing to do with 911 is beyond the scope of most voters. In light of this he should just concentrate on what was actually
accomplished by killing him in such a way - instead he stuttered and stammered his way through. I was a bad moment in the debate. He needs to be better
prepared for such a question.

I don't know who prepares Ron Paul for his debates, but let's face it: he looked like sh!+ tonight and I predict that if he does that poorly again, he is finishing last in S.C.

The people in his campaign ought to read what is on this board and implement some of the ideas.

What got me is the people giving rounds of applause after applause when candidates wanted to do things regardless of the cost. It's as if most Americans don't care about our financial situation NOR do they care. If we maintain this war posture to the exclusion of the Rule of Law, sooner or later, somebody is going to get tired of us and kick our overbearing arse.

sunnx
01-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I share your concern that the Ron Paul campaign may be FAILING him.
They should not only just read most of the suggestions in this section, but be wise enough to implement them. ...But are they?

In 2007-08, the campaign said they were just aiming for advancing the ideas - and did not anticipate that Ron Paul would be elected.
They were later "surprised" with the groundswell of support that later came, but were unprepared.
They still have many of the same people from that campaign that initially did not target actual election of RP.
I suspect that they still don't have enough "all-out-win" people & strategy & practice in place.

They have let serious questions about RP linger too long without countering them.
..Or were missing the foresight to prevent them from arising in the first place.
This latest instance of failure to prepare RP is just another instance.