PDA

View Full Version : How would you respond to this Mitt Romney supporter in the most professional way...

mlee45
01-16-2012, 03:56 PM
This was a post on facebook by a young Ron Paul supporter....

It's annoying listening to Mitt Romney's speech on CNN right now about how he wants to "....insist on a military so powerful that no one would think of challenging it " When most the people of the younger, growing generation just want peace, and It's even more frustrating listening to him bash homosexuals. The most surprising thing of it all is that the republican party and news media stations are dumbfounded at why the republican party is crumbling and split more than ever........I'll tell you why, it's because there are so many democrats that have changed to republicans because they couldn't stand to re-elect Barack Obama after he has added more debt to our country than almost all of the presidents combined and nobody wants to elect gay-hating, war-mongering Mitt Romney either.....So where is the direction of our country, because as of right now it just looks like it is spinning in the mud...

And this was a comment by an older Mitt Romney Supporter....

I love to hear you get all excited about our government and the election....and I agreed with almost everything that you said except for one....the military...we must keep it stronger than ever (everyone wants peace, but it will never happen) and we are already a weak country because of Obama. If we don't keep our military in top form, then we could really face some scary times, here and abroad. So keep up the good work and stay involved!

paulpwns
01-16-2012, 03:58 PM
We need to talk about how we are for investing into national defense. We should talk about spending A TON of money on weapons development to protect our nation. We need to stress that Ron Paul is a HAWK on national defense. This is all true stuff people.

Havax
01-16-2012, 04:00 PM
"I agree with you 100% that we need to keep our military in top form, which is why I support Ron Paul. We all know our biggest threat to our national security is our debt, and Ron Paul is the only candidate that will actually cut spending significantly to start reversing this problem. All the others want to cut proposed increases. If we continue at this pace of borrowing $100 billion a month, our dollar will collapse and we will not be able to fund our military. Only Ron Paul's economic solutions will keep our military properly funded."

BLS
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
http://jackjodell53.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/military_spending.gif

billjones
01-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Say we're actually less safe with our troops spread out throughout the world and interfering in places we shouldn't be. That is what causes foreign countries to hate us. We're provoking them.

James Madison
01-16-2012, 04:04 PM
It's pretty hard to have a strong military with a worthless dollar.

Nisse
01-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Guys - realitycheck from Europe. The US spends more money on the military then all other countries on earth combined. I wouldn't feel that threatened. ;-)

You could spend 75 percent less and have an enormous national defense. That is, if you stay out of meddling in other countries. You would be much more safe than you are today.

thoughtomator
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
insert "Armed Chinese Troops in Texas" video again

it's a cure

affa
01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
We already have the strongest military force on the planet, by at least a factor of 5. The only risk to our military might is bankruptcy - this is a case where spending more on military is actually more dangerous than focusing our resources on defense. Bringing our troops home not only will help us defend our country better, but will prevent us from being 'spread too thin'. There is absolutely no need to increase our military spending; we already outspend our nearest competitor, China, by over 5x. Rather, we should focus on reducing wasteful spending in our military and focus on defense.

noneedtoaggress
01-16-2012, 04:09 PM
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/183/loweredexpectations.png

Nisse
01-16-2012, 04:10 PM
"The only risk to our military might is bankruptcy"

This is exactly how all empires through history has withered to pieces!

Paulitics 2011
01-16-2012, 04:12 PM
How do you want to pay for it?

Inflation? Higher Taxes? More Debt?

JK/SEA
01-16-2012, 04:13 PM
And this was a comment by an older Mitt Romney Supporter....

I love to hear you get all excited about our government and the election....and I agreed with almost everything that you said except for one....the military...we must keep it stronger than ever (everyone wants peace, but it will never happen) and we are already a weak country because of Obama. If we don't keep our military in top form, then we could really face some scary times, here and abroad. So keep up the good work and stay involved!

This guy is obviously involved in building cruise missiles...or drones..or..

fatjohn
01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I think it was Jefferson who said that Power, when not used, grows larger. If we donīt spend so much money on the manufacturing of bombs, planes and tanks and the maintainance of bases we can spend more on research and development.

clint4liberty
01-16-2012, 04:20 PM
We need to change our tune on foreign military bases. Dr. Plan needs to have a more moderate tone on this issue. All you have to do is point out the top ten unnecessary foreign bases in year one. Transferring those US military from the ten bases to the US mainland would seem satisfactory.

ShaneEnochs
01-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Are people really under the impression that a country is going to invade us?

coffeewithchess
01-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Say we're actually less safe with our troops spread out throughout the world and interfering in places we shouldn't be. That is what causes foreign countries to hate us. We're provoking them.

They're minds do not understand this logic.

Mises_to_Paul
01-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I've had success when pointing out:

1. The actual numbers associated with Military spending. Many people simply do not understand the magnitude of spending, and simply categorize spending as either "high for a strong military" or "weak for a weakened military", without placing the numbers in any sort of meaningful context (i.e.-even with dramatic cuts to the Military, we would *still* be spending much more than any other nation.

2. That you can make errors of commission (i.e-taking Military actions that have a net negative effect on defending the nation) as well as errors of omission (i.e-failing to take an action that would have legitimately helped defend the nation on the whole). Most people only consider the second type of error.

3. That our greatest threat to our national security and well-being is actually our economic problems, which a massive military contributes to more so than virtually any other element of spending, and often without any real payoff (just the fact that one can make a serious argument that the war in Iraq has decreased our security indicates this).

These points in sum indicate that with respect to spending cuts, we can get the most bang for the buck in cutting the military without harming our national defense, which is protected from traditional invasion by the oceans, our technology, and our superior Navy. With respect to protecting ourselves from terrorist attacks, see point number 2.

Havax
01-17-2012, 02:40 PM
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/183/loweredexpectations.png

ROFL