PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid, on Fox calling for third party

ConCap
01-16-2012, 01:45 PM
just called for a third party for 2012.

Stated Republican Party should disconnect itself from the Tea Party Movement extremists.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1394405922001/tea-party-fires-back-at-harry-reid

JoshS
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Extremist in the sense that only two schools of thought are acceptable in this country.

schiffheadbaby
01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
They call us extreme for opposing trillion dollar deficits, undeclared trillion dollar wars, the central bank, bank bailouts etc.

Welcome to the forums.

I hope Ron Paul supporters are smart enough to not be duped by the neocons who have adopted some of RP's rhetoric

randomname
01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
just called for a third party for 2012.

Stated Republican Party should disconnect itself from the Tea Party Movement extremists.

he's a democrat, why should the republican party listen to him?

PastaRocket848
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
so then you mean he wants to transition from the current duopoly into a real two-party system? sounds like he doesn't like having republicans around that really disagree with him on actual issues that matter.

eric4186
01-16-2012, 01:59 PM
hahaha does he really think people are that dumb? He obviously wants the vote to be split so Obama gets a second term.

ConCap
01-16-2012, 02:07 PM
They call us extreme for opposing trillion dollar deficits, undeclared trillion dollar wars, the central bank, bank bailouts etc.

Welcome to the forums.

I hope Ron Paul supporters are smart enough to not be duped by the neocons who have adopted some of RP's rhetoric

Thanks
Just banned off of Tea Party Nation and Red State for being Constitutional and to far to the right.
I had the same user name. Did they take off all my post?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-16-2012, 02:07 PM
hahaha does he really think people are that dumb? He obviously wants the vote to be split so Obama gets a second term.

And or, he is afraid if the Republican party does return to it's roots as a result of "original" tea party values having a growing influence, in this economy, the Dems are finished!!!!!

schiffheadbaby
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks
Just banned of Tea Party Nation and Red State for being Constitutional and to far to the right.
I had the same user name. Did they take off all my post?

I applaud your committment to the cause.

Redstate instantly bans anyone who promotes or mentions the good doctor Ron Paul in a favorable light.

Don't know anything about Tea Party Nation, but Ron Paul is the intellectual foundation of the Tea Party so it is ironic.

We are in the right, the others like Redstate have tried to adopt our rhetoric and steal our ideas but they still promote big government/less freedom ideas.

Continue spreading the truth...

JoshS
01-16-2012, 02:11 PM
If liberty were truly understood by the masses, the Democratic party would fully disappear.

ConCap
01-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I applaud your committment to the cause.

Redstate instantly bans anyone who promotes or mentions the good doctor Ron Paul in a favorable light.

Don't know anything about Tea Party Nation, but Ron Paul is the intellectual foundation of the Tea Party so it is ironic.

We are in the right, the others like Redstate have tried to adopt our rhetoric and steal our ideas but they still promote big government/less freedom ideas.

Continue spreading the truth...

Being on here is the same as preaching to the choir.
Not that it’s a waste of time, but I think you know what I mean.

schiffheadbaby
01-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Being on here is the same as preaching to the choir.
Not that it’s a waste of time, but I think you know what I mean.

Agreed, I spend most of my time "in real world" trying to convert people slowly but surely.

Sadly going to Redstate is a waste of time because you supply the statists more hits and they instantly ban any ideas promoting economic or civil freedom.

european
01-16-2012, 02:22 PM
welcome ConCap

ConCap
01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Agreed, I spend most of my time "in real world" trying to convert people slowly but surely.

Sadly going to Redstate is a waste of time because you supply the statists more hits and they instantly ban any ideas promoting economic or civil freedom.

I managed to hang on for over a year.

01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
How about you take all the neocons back into your party where they came from Harry and let us take our GOP back.

ConCap
01-16-2012, 02:24 PM
welcome ConCap

Hay!

nasaal
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
If he wants a third party then he needs to get someone to challenge Obama from their side. Maybe the left should push for an ACTUAL Progressive the way that Paul on the right is an actual Conservative.

Karsten
01-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Of course, he's got it backwards. The true tea party movement needs to detach itself from the establishment Republican Romney machine (should he get the nomination).

Karsten
01-16-2012, 02:39 PM
You've got to know that he's talking directly to us. The democratic party is obsessed with the idea that Ron Paul should run third party to "split up" the Republican vote.

What's stupid about this line of thinking is that, Ron Paul does better among the liberal, young, independents, and I'm thinking if Ron Paul were to run third party it might actually hurt Obama more than the Republicans.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-16-2012, 02:41 PM
It seems when the staus quo wants to marginalize what is a threat to it, it calls it "extremist". Maybe we can get that stratgey to work for us. Maybe we need to start memes such as

The government have become extremist with out of control massive debt spending.

The government has become extremist with policing the world

The government has become extremist, molesting children and grannies in airports, taking away freedoms in the name of security.

Well, you get the idea ;)

thoughtomator
01-16-2012, 02:44 PM
it's not a third party we need, it's a second party

libertybrewcity
01-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Looks like he wants a tea party like ralph nader.

schiffheadbaby
01-16-2012, 02:47 PM

+rep, we currently have one party that only knows bigger government, corporate bailouts and central planning.

dfalken
01-16-2012, 04:13 PM
To be honest I think that if the Dr doesn't get the Republican nomination it would be crazy if we didn't encourage him to run independent. The polls show that in a 3 way national race he already has 20% of the vote and taking into consideration the fact that many people still don't know much about him that is quite impressive. All he would need is to get his support up 13pts to 33% and he would be in a head to head matchup with the 2 establishment puppets. Let's concentrate on beating Romney at this point but just saying...

unknown
01-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Extremist in the sense that only two schools of thought are acceptable in this country.

Yah big government, huge deficits and endless wars or big government, huge deficits and endless wars.

doronster195
01-16-2012, 04:19 PM
I think Romney should run third party once RP gets the nomination. :)

ConCap
01-16-2012, 07:26 PM

It is not time to split the party,
It is time to split the people,
Identify those 100% for the Constitution as written.
And those not 100% for the Constitution as written.
This will be the new two party system.

ConCap
01-16-2012, 07:29 PM
To be honest I think that if the Dr doesn't get the Republican nomination it would be crazy if we didn't encourage him to run independent. The polls show that in a 3 way national race he already has 20% of the vote and taking into consideration the fact that many people still don't know much about him that is quite impressive. All he would need is to get his support up 13pts to 33% and he would be in a head to head matchup with the 2 establishment puppets. Let's concentrate on beating Romney at this point but just saying...

I think he will not run 3rd party.

Rand Paul 2016

Hospitaller
01-16-2012, 07:31 PM
It seems when the staus quo wants to marginalize what is a threat to it, it calls it "extremist". Maybe we can get that stratgey to work for us. Maybe we need to start memes such as

The government have become extremist with out of control massive debt spending.

The government has become extremist with policing the world

The government has become extremist, molesting children and grannies in airports, taking away freedoms in the name of security.

Well, you get the idea ;)

Dont question the government, mundane

milo10
01-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Political parties aren't even in the Constitution. If Ron Paul does not win the Republican nomination, we may want to look into banning them from the electoral process, or at least ending all of their privileges. You simply vote for the individual.

While more major parties would be an improvement on what we have now, the best thing would be to get rid of them altogether.

ConCap
01-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Political parties aren't even in the Constitution. If Ron Paul does not win the Republican nomination, we may want to look into banning them from the electoral process, or at least ending all of their privileges. You simply vote for the individual.

While more major parties would be an improvement on what we have now, the best thing would be to get rid of them altogether.

Hear, hear,

Yes. Simply vote for the individual that best represents the Constitution.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?351712-Hello-I’m-ConCap-and-I’m-a-Constitutional-Capitalist&prefixid=news

Miss Annie
01-16-2012, 10:08 PM
he's a democrat, why should the republican party listen to him?

Most of them are really democrats in sheep's clothing!

J_White
01-16-2012, 10:29 PM
the same tea party that gave them the 2010 elections and control of the house !

ConCap
01-16-2012, 10:39 PM
You've got to know that he's talking directly to us. The democratic party is obsessed with the idea that Ron Paul should run third party to "split up" the Republican vote.

What's stupid about this line of thinking is that, Ron Paul does better among the liberal, young, independents, and I'm thinking if Ron Paul were to run third party it might actually hurt Obama more than the Republicans.

Paul is a Classical Liberal, not a Social Liberal.

Paulitics 2011
01-16-2012, 10:42 PM
That woman responded well.