PDA

View Full Version : We Will NOT Vote for Obama!

Okie RP fan
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Had a brief chance to listen to my local talk radio station about thirty minutes ago, and the nation-wide broadcast "Your News America," (or something close) had someone from P.J. Media on. The guy said that what he has seen on the ground and witnessed first hand, is that almost every Ron Paul supporter he has come across voted for Obama in '08 and will vote for Obama this election if Ron does not (and he said "will not") get the nomination.

Of course, this is nonsense and was an attempt to marginalize Paul's support. It may also be noted that before the hosts and this guy said this, they were saying that this is a three man race between Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum, with Perry playing spoiler. Not a single word about Paul before the situation I just stated.

Some of us may have supported Obama, but I am under the impression that they are few amongst the rest.

Most of us are Republicans and Independents by party, and libertarians, conservatives, and constitutionalists by ideology.

I will never cast my vote in favor of Obama. And I encourage the few who may consider doing so out of spite, to rethink.

My vote will go to Ron Paul and no one else. However, I must admit that there is a very slim window I am leaving for Romney to change my mind by putting one of the Paul's (if not both) in a cabinet position. But that window is very narrow, and not likely to be opened, unless, as stated, someone like Romney makes some serious and genuine steps.

I am tired of being marginalized and called a liberal by the people who should be supporting Paul. I am tired of being called a "progressive agent" or "further left than Obama on foreign policy" because I support a foreign policy of free trade, diplomacy, and a strong national defense.

Had to get that out, and hopefully it gives the people browsing the forums a better idea of how most of us are.

tremendoustie
01-16-2012, 01:48 PM
There was a big poll awhile back. Almost everyone said NOBP, or perhaps 3rd party. As I recall less than 5% said they'd vote for the R nominee regardless, and much less said Obama.

I certainly would never vote for Obama, for the same reason I wouldn't vote for Romney.

Kevin Smyth
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
William Kristol would vote for Obama if Paul won and so would Charles Krauthammer. Fox News is stacked with hosts and GOP commenters who would vote for Obama instead of Paul, so the mainstream neocons should be put on the defensive here not us.

Okie RP fan
01-16-2012, 01:53 PM
It is so insane that so many people place so much emphasis on foreign policy when we are $15 trillion in debt, and our foreign policy contributes greatly to it!

CaptUSA
01-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Once your eyes are opened to Ron Paul, you will never vote for Obama. These people simply have no clue about what is going on here.

Does that mean that we'll vote for anotehr GOPer just because they win the party's nomination? Not likely. If they want this bloc of voters, they need to select Paul. Otherwise, we write-in someone, stay home, or just close our eyes and pick whoever we land on in the ballot.

jmdrake
01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
I didn't vote for John McCain or his twin Barack Obama and I won't vote for their triplet Mitt Romney.

Okie RP fan
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
I didn't vote for John McCain or his twin Barack Obama and I won't vote for their triplet Mitt Romney.

Exactly.

sailingaway
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
There was a big poll awhile back. Almost everyone said NOBP, or perhaps 3rd party. As I recall less than 5% said they'd vote for the R nominee regardless, and much less said Obama.

I certainly would never vote for Obama, for the same reason I wouldn't vote for Romney.

Most people didn't participate in the poll, at all.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Maybe something we should start doing when trying to convert big government voters is.............

Ask them to write out, with every little zero

$15,000,000,000,000,000. and ask them to contemplate on the thought of paying that quickly growing number back.

r3volution
01-16-2012, 02:39 PM
obama and romney are one in the same . if it comes down to that i would stay home that day were it not for local elections .

blazeKing
01-16-2012, 02:42 PM
I didn't vote for McCain or Obama, but I know Ron Paul supporters now who were Obama supporters in 2008. They do tell me they would vote for Obama again if Ron Paul isn't nominated..it's only 2 people though so not representative of anything. Quite frankly, Romney being elected president would be a lot worse for the conservative movement. He would set back conservatism for decades because a moderate/liberal would represent conservatism.

r3volution
01-16-2012, 02:45 PM
I didn't vote for McCain or Obama, but I know Ron Paul supporters now who were Obama supporters in 2008. They do tell me they would vote for Obama again if Ron Paul isn't nominated..it's only 2 people though so not representative of anything. Quite frankly, Romney being elected president would be a lot worse for the conservative movement. He would set back conservatism for decades because a moderate/liberal would represent conservatism. good point , that would further hurt the conservative movement by setting a standard .

The Free Hornet
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
I did not vote for Obama. I would not vote for Obama for spite. If the election came down to my vote Barack Obama or Romney Obama, I would pick Barack. It is not spite but strategy. Republicans are stronger without Romney Obama in office.

NoPants
01-16-2012, 03:07 PM
While I can't imagine voting for Obama, I would rather keep a Democrat (pres.) vs. Republican (congress) administration that cannot cause as much damage than elect any of these other ass clowns. Just think of what they would do with the Patriot Act if Newt was President. He wants MORE power to invade homes without search warrants and tap our phones. It's crazy, just crazy.

dillo
01-16-2012, 03:27 PM
the only issue I have is whether to write in Andrew Jackson or George Washington

unknown
01-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, then I guess they better damn well make sure Ron Paul gets the nomination.

Lightweis
Ill vote Obama over mittens.. Last thing I want is a republican president and a republican house.. Who knows what would happen..

Brian4Liberty
What a crock! Did not vote for Obama in 08, and will never vote for him. Never ever!

surf
01-16-2012, 03:31 PM
i won't vote for Obama

Brian4Liberty
01-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Ill vote Obama over mittens.. Last thing I want is a republican president and a republican house.. Who knows what would happen..

So says the person who just joined. :rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
01-16-2012, 03:34 PM
William Kristol would vote for Obama if Paul won and so would Charles Krauthammer. Fox News is stacked with hosts and GOP commenters who would vote for Obama instead of Paul, so the mainstream neocons should be put on the defensive here not us.

Yep. Add the hate monger Mark Levin to that list.

cdc482
01-16-2012, 03:39 PM
LOL! What nonsense! If we are refusing to vote for Romney, why would we vote for Obama?

acptulsa
01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Anyone who thinks I would vote for Obama needs to peruse my posts on this very forum from four years ago when I was desperately trying to convince the trolls that they were in for a big, big disappointment with their 'messiah'.

This. A thousand times this.

surf
01-16-2012, 03:50 PM
my girlfriend won't vote for Obama and she'll be a delegate for Ron.

goliberty78
01-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Maybe something we should start doing when trying to convert big government voters is.............

Ask them to write out, with every little zero

$15,000,000,000,000,000. and ask them to contemplate on the thought of paying that quickly growing number back.

actually its $15,000,000,000,000 (you got 3 too many 0's in there), but yeah...scary

affa
01-16-2012, 03:58 PM
if Ron Paul is not the nominee, no one else will get my vote. I'll also do my best to convince my wife it's time to leave the country.

dustinp
01-16-2012, 04:14 PM
While I love the sentiment of Ron Paul or None at all, and it may be just the same as not even showing up to vote at all, but if the Good Doctor doesnt get the nomination and refuses to run 3rd party, then GJ will get my vote.

[Edit:] and NOT OBAMA

unknown
01-16-2012, 04:39 PM

I'll write in Ron Paul before I'll vote for another establishment clown, Republican or Democrat.

unknown
01-16-2012, 04:40 PM
if Ron Paul is not the nominee, no one else will get my vote. I'll also do my best to convince my wife it's time to leave the country.

Seriously, I know quite a few people that are headed to Costa Rica, truth.

PastaRocket848
01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
i intend to vote obama or 3rd party if a good one is running, should ron not be the nominee. it's simple: presuming mitt is the nominee, if we elect him we get 4, possibly 8, years of liberal governance in washington. if we re-elect obama, we limit it to 4. there is simply not enough substantive daylight between them to justify risking having mitt in there for 8 years. he's too liberal.

so it's obama for 4 or obama-lite for 4-8. take your pick.

unknown
01-16-2012, 04:44 PM
They are treating a vote for Ron Paul as a vote for Obama.

How about they make sure Ron Paul gets the nomination and we wont have to worry about this come November.

JP2010
01-16-2012, 04:45 PM
If I can't vote for the best, I'm going to vote for the worst.

YankeesJunkie
01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
While I love the sentiment of Ron Paul or None at all, and it may be just the same as not even showing up to vote at all, but if the Good Doctor doesnt get the nomination and refuses to run 3rd party, then GJ will get my vote.

[Edit:] and NOT OBAMA

This. If Ron will not run third party or win the nomination might as well vote for someone who is running and have quite a bit of overlap in policy. If Paul does not win the nomination or run third party it would be fun to see the Libertarians get a bump in the polls.

Anti Federalist
01-17-2012, 06:35 AM
My vote will go to Ron Paul and no one else. However, I must admit that there is a very slim window I am leaving for Romney to change my mind by putting one of the Paul's (if not both) in a cabinet position. But that window is very narrow, and not likely to be opened, unless, as stated, someone like Romney makes some serious and genuine steps.

I am tired of being marginalized and called a liberal by the people who should be supporting Paul. I am tired of being called a "progressive agent" or "further left than Obama on foreign policy" because I support a foreign policy of free trade, diplomacy, and a strong national defense.

What would be the point?

On the key issues you mentioned, the core issues that just about every RP supporter has identified as the key issues, Romney would represent no siginificant change whatsoever.

No One But Paul.

I will write his name in, vote a RP endorsed 3rd party candidate, or stay home.

The idiot wing of the GOP deserved to lose in 2008 with McCain, the same people are the ones anointing Willard, and they deserve to lose again.

They had their chance to change that, and mocked, laughed and smeared me, and everybody else here, instead.

Fuck 'em now.

Dianne
01-17-2012, 06:41 AM

Kristol and Krauthammer have an ulterior motive. The two are not journalists, but yet work within the same group as Newt Gingrich and Gloria Borger's (CNN) husband. The group is funded by Obama's Defense Department. Therein lies the conflict of interest, and the reason those three scourge continue to attack Paul and are probably going to vote for Obama anyway.

Dianne
01-17-2012, 06:57 AM
In no sense of the word is Newt Gingrich a “conservative” or even a traditional Republican. He was a fellow at the neocon criminal organizations the American Enterprise Institute and the Hoover Institution. During the Bush regime he sat on the Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board with fellow neocon Richard Perle and representatives of the death merchants Bechtel, Boeing, TRW, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin and Booz Allen Hamilton. Rockefeller minion Henry Kissinger was also a member during the Bush years.
He was also a “distinguished” advisor at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, another neocon think tank that is closely linked with the National Endowment for Democracy, an organization that does today what was done covertly 25 years ago by the CIA, as one of its founders, Allen Weinstein, admitted in 2000. In short, NED overthrows governments in disfavor by the elite and organizes color revolutions designed to replace democratic elections.

The Foundation for the Defense of Democracies (an Orwellian name if ever there was one) is a virtual rat hole of neocons including former CIA director James Woolsey, the senator from Israel, Joe Lieberman, Gary Bauer, Frank Gaffney, Bill Kristol, Charles Krauthammer, Walid Phares, and a scattering of like-minded Democrats such as the gun-grabber Frank Lautenberg and Chuckie Schumer.Gingrich is reputed to be a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and to have ties to the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research(founded by the late William J. Casey, Reagan’s CIA director who was largely responsible for creating the Afghan Mujihadeen that would later become the CIA asset al-Qaeda).

Newt has also attended Bohemian Grove where he rubbed elbows with occultists and male prostitutes. Newt has said he is not associated with worshipers of the Canaanite owl of Bohemia but he is a demonstrated liar (his photo appears on the pages of the Annals of the Bohemian Club).

Gingrich and Karl Rove and all the other neocons and bankster minions will soon become a historical footnote. During the upcoming November mid-term elections they will be swept into the dustbin of history as the Tea Party movement returns Congress to the American people. Newt will not be the 2012 Republican presidential candidate — or will Mitt Romney or any other establishment Republican, not unless the Republicans want to make their party completely irrelevant.

Newt and Karl are the militants, not the Tea Party. In fact, they are war criminals and economic terrorists responsible for murdering over a million Iraqis and working as handmaidens for a cartel of international bankers who are about to give us a “double-dip” economic depression.

Mark37snj
01-17-2012, 07:19 AM
but but but...Hope & Change :D Can you say write in?

No One But Paul!!!

VBRonPaulFan
01-17-2012, 08:12 AM
i wasted my vote in 2008 for voting for mccain because i thought he was the lesser of two evils. never again, i can't reconcile that with my conscience. i'll never vote again for anyone who i believe might undermine my liberties. i'll write in Paul from here on out until the day I die if another candidate like him never runs again.

Anti Federalist
01-17-2012, 08:22 AM
i wasted my vote in 2008 for voting for mccain because i thought he was the lesser of two evils. never again, i can't reconcile that with my conscience. i'll never vote again for anyone who i believe might undermine my liberties. i'll write in Paul from here on out until the day I die if another candidate like him never runs again.

Welcome aboard brother.

xFiFtyOnE
01-17-2012, 08:28 AM
I'd never vote Obama. I'd also never vote Romney. Leaning towards Gary Johnson IF Ron Paul is out. I'm and independent who has voted Republican everytime but once (state level). This election has changed the way I will vote forever.

RM918
01-17-2012, 08:31 AM
If Paul doesn't win, probably voting for Johnson. I'm with AF here. If the GOP wants to throw a fifth of the party under a bus, why should I reward them?

abstrusezincate
01-17-2012, 08:39 AM
I'll take the flaming. If Paul doesn't win the GOP nod, there's a very good chance I'll vote for Obama. Why?

The way I see it, both parties are going to be wasting immense amounts of money on stupid projects we don't need. The difference is the Democrats will be more apt to waste it on projects here that might have some marginal impact, the Republicans abroad on unconstitutional wars. I'm not going to pretend the Dems have a better record about that, because they don't, but bellicose imperialism isn't something they enjoy either.

There will always be a party, in a democracy, believing that government needs to take care of the people. The Democrats are that party, represent what is a coherent world view based upon a certain understanding of human nature. It is not one most Paulites share, but that is another argument. While not agreeing with everything, I can accept this.

As for the Republicans, they are a party that claims to support limited government and does nothing to support it in fact. I worked as a GOP committee recruiter, have run for office, and had many conversations. I've met theocrats, opportunists, zealots, users, and a few good people searching for a party better than what they are getting. A Republican President not named Paul will inevitably lead us into a bloody conflict resulting in the loss of many American lives, increased risks of blowback related terrorism, and I'm not willing to accept that.

Obama is a disappointment on many levels. I did not vote for him in '08. But he's saner than the alternatives, and odds are, he'll get my vote with distaste. My biggest concerns with him are on civil liberties, but it heartens me to know most Democrats I know are upset about those things also, and I'm hopeful for improvements on that basis alone.

I respect those who vote third party. I agree more closely with a libertarian, though I'm not a libertarian on economics. But I'm not going to be a protest vote if this comes down to a two way race.

I don't believe the Republicans will ever change until they learn what they present is unacceptable, and making them lose is fine by me. The reset button has to be hit one way or the other. Romney would just prolong a system that is broken, so why not let things play out to their end?

I don't expect most people here to agree, but I've talked to enough people who like RP to know I'm not the only one who thinks this way, though I'm probably the only one who posts here with any frequency.

pinkmandy
01-17-2012, 12:58 PM

Exactly.

We shouldn't be the ones on the defensive. I voted 3rd party last time. I didn't trust Obama's rhetoric and would not cast a vote for warmongering, anti-Constitution McCain. If Paul is not the nominee I will do the same in this next election. If they couldn't beat Obama w/McCain last time then how on earth do they expect to do it this time if they nominate another neocon and even more of us refuse to vote the party ticket? I really wonder if the avg republican voter realizes this? There is no way they can win without us.

wowrevolution
01-17-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm voting for Ron Paul even if I have to write him in.

I am not throwing my vote away for who I think "will win" so I can feel like I was on the "winning team"
I am only supporting the candidate that "I support." Support the person, not the party. Individualism should be opposed to Collectivism and that includes endorsing any Party candidate.

Obama or Romney, they are both "spenders" and they both perpetuate the Goldman Sachs Oligarchy. Neither represent positive change.

Athan
01-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Obama? Romney? **** no.

Philadelphia76
01-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Held my nose and voted for Obama in 2008 only b/c I lived in the borderline "battleground" state of Pennsylvania and I desperately wanted to do my small part to make sure the Neo-Cons (particularly in McCain's FP circles) suffered electoral defeat. HATED voting for a riduculous tax, spend and print money liberal like Obama just to stop the Neo-Cons- but in that select circumstance- it had to be done IMHO. Had I been in virtually any other state I probably would have voted for Barr or written in Dr. Paul. I now live in South Carolina- which will go Republican no matter what. Therefore- if Dr. Paul is not on the ballot come November- I will likely vote Johnson (subject to any last minute endoresement of a candidate by Dr. Paul himself).

priest_of_syrinx
01-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I've joked that I'd vote for Obama just to make sure we only have 4 more years before we get another chance in the Republican Party rather than 8, but I could never actually do it.

r3volution
01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
obama signed NDAA , romney said he would have . nuff said . nobp