PDA

View Full Version : The Times admits it deep-sixed Ron Paul

sailingaway
01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2012/01/the_times_admits_it_deep-sixed.html

bluesc
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Good read once again from Mulshine.

UK4Paul
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Good article.

Yet more evidence of the media "downplay" of Ron Paul.

dskalkowski
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
More evidence to send to FOX News.

Paulitics 2011
01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Who is Mulshine? Does he work for the times?

The page he links to just takes me to the general Op-Ed page.

TwoJ
01-16-2012, 12:27 PM

Same

acptulsa
01-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Outstanding summary of it all. I especially enjoyed this passage:

'But the real story in this campaign is one that makes every liberal I know uneasy. It concerns foreign policy. Paul is returning the Republican party to its roots on the question of foreign involvement. On this question there's little difference between the typical liberal and the typical "neo" conservative.

'The liberals loved to pile on George W. Bush for his bungling in the Mideast, but let someone come along and propose we get out of that part of the world altogether and all of a sudden the liberals start sounding like Dick Cheney or Don Rumsfeld. They come up with all sorts of reasons why we need to be involved in the internal affairs of those faraway countries.

'When it comes to the question of ignoring Paul, the attitude of the Times editors is rooted in the idea that some things are just not discussed in polite society. It's okay for Romney or Santorum to make the assertion that he will expand the military while balancing the budget and without raising taxes. That's false but it doesn't bother the Times.'

Amen, brother.

Paulitics 2011
01-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Someone care to explain?

VoluntaryAmerican
01-16-2012, 12:57 PM

Either the website Nj.com or the New Jersey Star Ledger which is a newspaper, pretty sure both are affiliated.

Edit: He works for the Star Ledger and nj.com is not affiliated it just uses some of its content.