PDA

View Full Version : Rev9's RP Art Dump

Revolution9
01-16-2012, 10:15 AM
EDIT: Don't know how to get the scroller to come up for the wide one. Drag to desktop if ya wanna see the whole thing?

Here is some posters from my archive of RP stuff. Done with Photoshop, some elements created in 3D and painted with a frikkin' mouse. Hope ya like 'em.

http://www.mindreleaselabs.com/RP/LibertySpearsTheEnemy.jpg

http://www.mindreleaselabs.com/RP/RonPaul-LibertySword.jpg

http://www.mindreleaselabs.com/RP/We_Need_A_Doctor.jpg

Here is a pic of Rand accepting a signed print from Ike Hall on the steps of the Georgia Capitol Dome. He has one and the one to Ron I signed "Thanks for the message!"

http://www.mindreleaselabs.com/RP/RandPaulRecievesPrint.jpg

Rev9

Aratus
01-16-2012, 10:24 AM
tis intense, iconic and iconoclastic!

Travlyr
01-16-2012, 10:29 AM
tis intense, iconic and iconoclastic!
Can't say it any better than that! Nice work!

vechorik
01-16-2012, 10:30 AM
I like! _+1

Sola_Fide
01-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Awesome!

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Good lord, those are awesome! Rev, check an American history book - you are carrying on a fine tradition, and doing a damn fine job of it at that! +rep!

donnay
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Beautiful, beautiful! +rep

ryanmkeisling
01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Nice work!!! +rep

Revolution9
01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the kudos folks. RP is the only living person I have done a portrayal of..not counting the commercial works like the Michael Jackson concert I did the preproduction renders and storyboards on.

@NorfolkPCSolutions. I am very much into tradition as far as artworks are concerned. It perhaps has held me back financially due to the miasmatic focus on the drivel of modern art, which was actually a CIA propaganda ploy to counter the USSR's conscription of artist to churn out propaganda posters.

Thanks
Rev9

heavenlyboy34
01-16-2012, 12:15 PM
"some elements created in 3D"

What do you mean by that? Maya 3D? Illustrator 3D?

heavenlyboy34
01-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the kudos folks. RP is the only living person I have done a portrayal of..not counting the commercial works like the Michael Jackson concert I did the preproduction renders and storyboards on.

@NorfolkPCSolutions. I am very much into tradition as far as artworks are concerned. It perhaps has held me back financially due to the miasmatic focus on the drivel of modern art, which was actually a CIA propaganda ploy to counter the USSR's conscription of artist to churn out propaganda posters.

Thanks
Rev9
Although a lot modern art is certainly propaganda, some of it isn't. Some modern artists think they're taking German Expressionism a step further. Some are ignorant, some are pretentious. I appreciate the organic style you work in, but I gravitate toward "geometric" art and artistic nudes. :cool: I occasionally play with typography as well. Probably because my background is more in graphic art than fine art.

Revolution9
01-16-2012, 12:39 PM
"some elements created in 3D"

What do you mean by that? Maya 3D? Illustrator 3D?

The "tyrant tree" was a 3D object made in Cinema 4D, using an L-Tree system and a bony claw I modeled along with the twisted trunk as well as a custom displacement bark shader and the ribbons were also 3D objects I rendered separately and added.. Also, the landscape was made using a mesh and a custom shader I wrote. Those base renders were then painted over and the rest was hand done with the mouse and airbrush, smear and eraser tool in Photoshop. It was done in a few dozen layers so I could color correct each layer and have the elements be able to move around for the final composition in the case of Liberty Spears The Enemy. In Liberty Sword I created and rendered the shield and sword in 3D due to the curves and straight lines being a bitch to create with a mouse. I then painted over them when composited. The Doctor in the House was a composite of older painting, Rons pic with a touch of overpaint and the front image of Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty out cold was hand painted with a mouse.

Rev9

Revolution9
01-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Although a lot modern art is certainly propaganda, some of it isn't. Some modern artists think they're taking German Expressionism a step further. Some are ignorant, some are pretentious. I appreciate the organic style you work in, but I gravitate toward "geometric" art and artistic nudes. :cool: I occasionally play with typography as well. Probably because my background is more in graphic art than fine art.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html

I do alot of graphics work..too much compared to what I like which is dynamic character work. I always want to decorate so space is filled and have learned to slap my hand for the corporate curmudgeons who often sign my cheques. My background is fine art. I started studying Da Vinci and Michaelangelo at the age five on my own, trying to copy their work in pencil and paper. Later I was a hard core Marvel fanatic and loved their top artists and graphic novel covers. Later studied with Wayne Barlowe doing scifi and fantasy illustration. He was Art Director on Avatar. Now I work mostly in 3D doing character and asset creation for my game and music stuff and for my client's many businesses. I could use one or two more decent clients to shore up the finances and fix the dental malpractice issue.

Rev9

Revolution9
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
My last sentence in my previous post must have been heard by Universe. I just got offered a one year contract to move to Miami, all expenses, including rent and dental paid, for these digital billboard projects. I asked him if I could put Ron Paul ads up as part of my deal on new boards we erect and he said yeah..heh.

Thanks for the thoughtform energies folks.. Couldn't a happened without it!~

;)
Rev9

evilfunnystuff
01-16-2012, 04:05 PM
cool

heavenlyboy34
01-16-2012, 04:14 PM
My last sentence in my previous post must have been heard by Universe. I just got offered a one year contract to move to Miami, all expenses, including rent and dental paid, for these digital billboard projects. I asked him if I could put Ron Paul ads up as part of my deal on new boards we erect and he said yeah..heh.

Thanks for the thoughtform energies folks.. Couldn't a happened without it!~

;)
Rev9
No prob. :cool: Thanks for the link in your previous post. Interesting reading.

Kingfisher
01-18-2012, 06:00 PM
GREAT! bump