PDA

View Full Version : Carol Paul: America's Mom.

JDouglasFisher
11-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Just got back from Philly, and I can testify that it was a long day setting up, being there, and tearing down.. (couple this to a 2 hour drive in each direction...)

But I am not here to talk about the Rally, others will deffinately do so for me.

I wanted to take a moment, and talk about an observation I made late this morning, while waiting for Ron Paul to arrive from New Hampshire. Those of us who participated in setting up and tearing down the event were rewarded with the opportunity to meet with Ron Paul, his campaign, and some of his family.

So while we were waiting for Ron Paul, Mrs. Carol Paul was speaking with us at length, explaining some things about the campaign trail from her perspective, and telling us stories. It was a smashingly good time.

But then it dawned on me. Admittedly, at first I couldn't put my finger on it, (never have met her before) but somehow she was different then past "1st ladies" and deffinately different than anything else we could gain as 1st lady in the Whitehouse. She wasn't snobbish, pointed, or prestigious. She wasn't cold, rigid, unmalliable. No, she was just the opposite, down to earth, spoke in plain english, warm and inviting. Honest and sincere, very much like her husband.

It clicked when she spoke of her family, and how many of them have worked very hard for Ron. She was a mom. Her nurturing qualities shined through most of her conversation with us, and I had to fight back the tears as I realized that she could've easily been my mom talking to us.

For me personally, it hit home because I lost my mother after a long struggle in the hospital earlier this year, and not having that persona in my life has definitely left me unbalanced. I realized at this event, that we haven't had anyone in the Whitehouse in a long time who had "motherly" qualities, and this just reinforced my desire to push harder in any capacity that I can to see that the Pauls get in the Whitehouse in 2008.

Ron may be the "Champion of the Constitution", but Carol has definitely earned the right to be called "America's Mom".

Carol, thank you for being the wonderful, sincere, loving person that you are. Our country needs you just as much as they need your husband.

J. Douglas Fisher.

hard@work
11-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I love Grandma and Grandpa Paul! They are awesome and I am looking forward to seeing a real 1st Lady in the white house. I'll even bake her cookie recipes if she posts them on whitehouse.gov.

:-P

Corydoras
11-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Hear, hear!
She will make a great First Lady!

Tina
11-10-2007, 07:34 PM
How will America react when they have real people in the White house instead of carbon copies of real people. Wonderful story. Thanks.

RP4ME
11-10-2007, 08:42 PM
ill make her fish stix

bolidew
11-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Very nice article!