PDA

View Full Version : The Evangelicals Accuse Each Other of Cheating...

Tyler_Durden
01-16-2012, 09:20 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jan/16/activists-say-pro-santorum-vote-was-rigged/

A civil war is breaking out among evangelical leaders over allegations of a rigged election and ballot stuffing at a Saturday gathering of religious and social conservatives.

But in back-and-forth emails, Protestant fundamentalist leaders who attended – most of them backing former House Speaker Newt Gingrich to be the anti-Romney candidate — are accusing Catholic participants of conniving to rig the vote.

They said they were conned into leaving after the second ballot on Saturday. They said pro-Santorum participants held a third ballot which Mr. Santorum won with more than 70 percent of the vote — far higher than the nine-vote margin he won on the first ballot.

“My view is that the vote was manipulated,” said a prominent social conservative who asked not to be named.

Now, a prominent evangelical political organizer is saying to others confidentially he has evidence that in a least one instance a participant was seen writing Mr. Santorum’s name on four separate ballots and putting them in the ballot box.

Not very Christian-like.....

DRUDGE!

specsaregood
01-16-2012, 09:25 AM
lmao

Aratus
01-16-2012, 09:27 AM
big money?
someone
wants this?

swissaustrian
01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
spread it far and wide, because it exposes these so called "Evangelicals" as powerthirsty sharks.

Zarn Solen
01-16-2012, 09:31 AM
I wasn't aware any Catholics actually liked Santorum. Though I don't know what 'Catholic participants' have to do with 'evangelical leaders.'

Bama Boy
01-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Hilarious! Gives them even less credibility.

nano1895
01-16-2012, 09:50 AM
...wow

MsDoodahs
01-16-2012, 09:53 AM
This should be ...

DRUDGED.

schiffheadbaby
01-16-2012, 09:59 AM
I love how these holier-than-thou christians think they are compassionate conservatives when they habitually support candidates who openly promote killing, stealing, and destruction of civil liberties.

pinkmandy
01-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Lol at the "moral authorities" manipulating votes to pick which of the 2 most corrupt candidates running should get their endorsement.

Oh the irony....

luctor-et-emergo
01-16-2012, 10:03 AM
These are the kind of situations you get in to when the establishment is losing it's grip on the masses...

At least that's what pops up in my mind here.

pinkmandy
01-16-2012, 10:04 AM
This should be ...

DRUDGED.

Done. :)

Student Of Paulism
01-16-2012, 10:08 AM
These people are so damn pathetic. Satan could be running for president and theyd choose him over Paul :rolleyes: As if Frothy and Newt World Order are such great poster boys for these groups. I think they purposely dont support Ron just for spite, all because he chooses not to be baby sit IL and send them money they dont even need.

Eric21ND
01-16-2012, 10:14 AM
DRUDGE it now!

UK4Paul
01-16-2012, 10:40 AM
I remember someone quite famous saying,

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites..."

moostraks
01-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Lol at the "moral authorities" manipulating votes to pick which of the 2 most corrupt candidates running should get their endorsement.

Oh the irony....

This was exactly had I read this....LOL!

wowrevolution
01-16-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't want to offend, but the Catholic Establishment is the biggest danger to Freedom in America. Already they are setting up religious courts no different from Shariah. They are attempting to sway the vote and turn the United States into an outpost of Catholocism. imo, these pedophile rapists should be dissolved before they continue their attempted Theocracy State. As proof of my Catholic Shariah statement:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=145266054

schiffheadbaby
01-16-2012, 11:08 AM
I don't want to offend, but the Catholic Establishment is the biggest danger to Freedom in America. Already they are setting up religious courts no different from Shariah. They are attempting to sway the vote and turn the United States into an outpost of Catholocism. imo, these pedophile rapists should be dissolved before they continue their attempted Theocracy State. As proof of my Catholic Shariah statement:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=145266054

agreed, I'd say the whole religious right is a scam.

They habitually support big government (george w, huckabee, now santorum) and promote people who infringe on our liberties.

They would never support a great american like Ron because he doesn't criticize other's lifestyle choices enough

Sola_Fide
01-16-2012, 11:16 AM
The title is wrong. Apparently it was the evangelicals who are accusing Catholics of cheating.

Funny anyway though.

Peace&Freedom
01-16-2012, 11:19 AM
agreed, I'd say the whole religious right is a scam.

They habitually support big government (george w, huckabee, now santorum) and promote people who infringe on our liberties.

They would never support a great american like Ron because he doesn't criticize other's lifestyle choices enough

This kind of hostility or off-putting rhetoric is one of the reasons Paul has not been as successful as he could have been. Paul himself professes the same social conservative and Bible-believing views as the evangelicals---does that make him a scam too? Evangelicals have been deceived and misled, not by their historic beliefs, but by the neocon co-opters, and the pro-liberty side has done relatively little to pry them away from them.

These are gettable votes, but they haven't really been gone after, that's the real problem. If the campaign and grassroots had made even a halfway aggressive effort to court social conservatives, given the ammo Paul already provides to win that vote, we would already be sitting on a Iowa victory and a 1st place lead in SC polls.

Patrick Henry
01-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Protestants vs the catholics

smtwngrl
01-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Well, I think the significant thing about this is that they didn't do what they set out to do, unite behind one candidate. If one side thinks the other side is cheating, they are not going to vote for the candidate who "won".

Publicani
01-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Santorum voted for "No child left behind" which provides enormous funding to religious organizations. Also he suggested Santorum amendment requiring teaching of intelligent design. Thus Evangelicals behave as a typical interest group promoting their agenda through Federal Gov.

schiffheadbaby
01-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Santorum voted for "No child left behind" which provides enormous funding to religious organizations. Also he suggested Santorum amendment requiring teaching of intelligent design. Thus Evangelicals behave as a typical interest group promoting their agenda through Federal Gov.

precisely.

acptulsa
01-16-2012, 11:45 AM
I remember someone quite famous saying,

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites..."

This. I can't imagine a more heartening headline than Pharisees Divided Against Themselves. Suits me famously.