PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I knew they banned Ron Paul, but not to this length.

SonicInfinity
11-10-2007, 07:16 PM
http://redstate.com/

Search for "Ron Paul". I heard that veteran users were able to still post Ron Paul material, but they've removed EVERY SINGLE THING about Ron Paul in the search engine. For comparison, search "Mitt Romney", and see how many results show up.

starless
11-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Not interested in giving them any traffic.

Richandler
11-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Yah I just stop going to these sites people please! If they want to remain left behind during the revolution then they can go sit in the corner by themselves.

Tina
Yup. Don't click the link. They are dead to us now.

Wyurm
In the words of Alice in Chains: "I stay away"

LibertyEagle
11-10-2007, 07:21 PM
I personally think it's hilarious! They are getting scared, folks. They KNOW he has a real chance and you know what? They're right! :)

jesshwarren
11-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I will never go on Redstate AGAIN. Talk of a low down sight.

Tidewise
11-10-2007, 07:53 PM
In the words of Alice in Chains: "I stay away"

I staaaay awaaaaaayyyy ... !

freelance
11-10-2007, 07:56 PM
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=redstate.com&site1=ronpaulforums.com&site2=dailypaul.com&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=1m&size=Medium&url=ronpaul2008.com

:D

Cindy
11-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Yup. Don't click the link. They are dead to us now.

Thats exactly what I was going to post.

someguy200
11-11-2007, 02:57 AM
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...onpaul2008.com

That alexa graph is hilarious!

Somebody that knows how should plot a timeline of the events that occurred between RP supporters and redstate on that graph, as a warning to other sites that banning RP supporters will definitely hurt them more than it will hurt us. Then, if a site begins to censor us, we post or link the graph to show them their fate.

Simple, Honest, and Effective

hard@work
11-11-2007, 03:00 AM
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=redstate.com&site1=ronpaulforums.com&site2=dailypaul.com&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=1m&size=Medium&url=ronpaul2008.com

hahahaha I told you guys this was the case.

:-D

Tarzan
11-11-2007, 03:09 AM
To be counted by Alexa you need to have their "thingee" installed for your browser. Maybe we should all add it so sites we visit get credit? Here is the link:
http://www.alexa.com/site/download

Perhaps SonicInfinity could reference Red S but remove the link from his original post?

curtisag
11-11-2007, 03:15 AM
I can't access the alexa web site for some odd reason. Any other way I can see the graph?

freelance
11-11-2007, 03:17 AM
That alexa graph is hilarious!

Somebody that knows how should plot a timeline of the events that occurred between RP supporters and redstate on that graph, as a warning to other sites that banning RP supporters will definitely hurt them more than it will hurt us. Then, if a site begins to censor us, we post or link the graph to show them their fate.

Simple, Honest, and Effective

I could make a graphic and plot it if I knew the exact date, but someone who was on it a little better than I was did post that a couple of days after we were banned, traffic dropped dramatically. There was an initial spike of about two days, then a drop.

HTH

lawdida
11-11-2007, 03:19 AM
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22ron+paul%22+site:redstate.com&hl=en&safe=off&start=10&sa=N

hard@work
11-11-2007, 03:47 AM
They got their spike from the media that they got. But they do not have the message to hold the people that went. We do.

:)

johngr
11-11-2007, 03:55 AM
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22ron+paul%22+site:redstate.com&hl=en&safe=off&start=10&sa=N

That first hit is obviously a straw man plant.

speciallyblend
11-11-2007, 05:46 AM
Red Steak,I heard they had a special going,what does it cost to eat there?;)

walt
11-11-2007, 06:04 AM

One of my hats involving my consulting, mentoring and launching of Internet and financial services startups involves blogsphere consulting.

There is a concept called being the "center of the conversation". Your graph shows that is exactly what is occuring.

It also shows that some of those trolls have moved here. We need more moderators - even just for cetain child sub-boards. Bryan and Josh will burn out if we don't have some of the most stable old timers on this board sematary, me3, max, etc - I myself am likely too passionate for this task so I throw the names of some of the best posters I know into the ring, this is an important task as undecided voters are moving here.

wgadget
11-11-2007, 06:17 AM
In this war, we are the revolutionaries, they are the loyalists. Continue on...

When the war began, the Americans did not have a professional army or navy. Each colony provided for its own defenses through the use of local militia. Militiamen were lightly armed, slightly trained, and usually did not have uniforms. Their units served for only a few weeks or months at a time, were reluctant to go very far from home, and were thus generally unavailable for extended operations. Militia lacked the training and discipline of regular soldiers but were more numerous and could overwhelm regular troops as at the battles of Concord, Bennington and Saratoga, and the siege of Boston. Both sides used partisan warfare but the Americans were particularly effective at suppressing Loyalist activity when British regulars were not in the area.[2]

lastnymleft
11-11-2007, 07:28 AM
I can't access the alexa web site for some odd reason. Any other way I can see the graph?

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?c=1&f=555555&u=redstate.com&u=ronpaulforums.com&u=dailypaul.com&r=1m&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610

That first hit is obviously a straw man plant.

For reasons unknown to me, that "first" hit is actually the 11th hit. It's the first hit of the second page. I know not why Lawdida would have shown that, rather than the FIRST link, if at all.

Corydoras
11-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Red State, indeed. Reminds me of the way the Soviets would "disappear" people from publications and photographs to act as if they never existed.

Thomas Paine
11-11-2007, 08:06 AM
I am a lifelong Michigan GOP party activist and former congressional campaign manager for a current sitting Michigan Congressman. (I am now a practicing attorney in Michigan and member of a county GOP's executive committee in Southeast Michigan.) Yet, I too have been banned from Redstate (twice). The "crimes" in Redstate's eyes were that I dared to criticize Tom Delay as a Judas Iscariot of conservative principles and President Bush as the most incompetent commander in chief since President Madison during the War of 1812 when the British sacked Washington DC.

Keep in mind that miopic individuals like Erick Erickson and others who run Redstate are nothing more but a bunch of brown nosers who will say anything and sacrifice any principle to retain their access to the White House. When Karl Rove and Tony Snow was still in the White House, Erick and his fellow neocon collaberators used to have direct access to Karl Rove and Tony Snow via regular conference calls and meetings. (Tony Snow used to be critical of President Bush before he was coopted into joining the White House as its communication director.)

This is what neocon knuckleheads like Erick Erickson live for; rubbing proverbial shoulders with the powers that be in the Bush White House despite the fact that President Bush has betrayed every conservative principle espoused by Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan including, but not limited to, limited government, fiscal responsibility, no unfunded mandates, states rights, reduction of federal entitlements, reduction of federal government, personal liberties, etc. If Erick Erickson and his neocon collaberators were to suddenly lose access to the White House, their world would seem like it was reaching its apocalyptic end.

As far as I am concerned, "good riddance" to Redstate, Erick Erickson, and his collaberators. I view Ron Paul's campaign in the same vein as Barry Goldwater's efforts in the early 1960s and Ronald Reagan's efforts in the early 1970s to restore the GOP to its conservative principles. Both Goldwater and Reagan were vociferously opposed by the GOP establishment of their respective eras. Thus, I am not surprised that the current GOP establishment, which has sold out on conservative principles, is opposing Dr. Paul's efforts to with the GOP nomination for President. In the end, I know that you and I are on the right side in history and that sooner or later we will restore the GOP to its true conservative principles while Redstate, Erick Erickson, and his fellow collaberators will go the way of those nameless individuals into the ash heap of history like Nelson Rockefeller.

peruvianRP
11-11-2007, 08:59 AM
dont bother with these people.

lastnymleft
11-11-2007, 09:09 AM
I am a lifelong Michigan GOP party activist and former congressional campaign manager for a current sitting Michigan Congressman. (I am now a practicing attorney in Michigan and member of a county GOP's executive committee in Southeast Michigan.) Yet, I too have been banned from Redstate (twice). The "crimes" in Redstate's eyes were that I dared to criticize Tom Delay as a Judas Iscariot of conservative principles and President Bush as the most incompetent commander in chief since President Madison during the War of 1812 when the British sacked Washington DC.

Keep in mind that miopic individuals like Erick Erickson and others who run Redstate are nothing more but a bunch of brown nosers who will say anything and sacrifice any principle to retain their access to the White House. When Karl Rove and Tony Snow was still in the White House, Erick and his fellow neocon collaberators used to have direct access to Karl Rove and Tony Snow via regular conference calls and meetings. (Tony Snow used to be critical of President Bush before he was coopted into joining the White House as its communication director.)

This is what neocon knuckleheads like Erick Erickson live for; rubbing proverbial shoulders with the powers that be in the Bush White House despite the fact that President Bush has betrayed every conservative principle espoused by Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan including, but not limited to, limited government, fiscal responsibility, no unfunded mandates, states rights, reduction of federal entitlements, reduction of federal government, personal liberties, etc. If Erick Erickson and his neocon collaberators were to suddenly lose access to the White House, their world would seem like it was reaching its apocalyptic end.

As far as I am concerned, "good riddance" to Redstate, Erick Erickson, and his collaberators. I view Ron Paul's campaign in the same vein as Barry Goldwater's efforts in the early 1960s and Ronald Reagan's efforts in the early 1970s to restore the GOP to its conservative principles. Both Goldwater and Reagan were vociferously opposed by the GOP establishment of their respective eras. Thus, I am not surprised that the current GOP establishment, which has sold out on conservative principles, is opposing Dr. Paul's efforts to with the GOP nomination for President. In the end, I know that you and I are on the right side in history and that sooner or later we will restore the GOP to its true conservative principles while Redstate, Erick Erickson, and his fellow collaberators will go the way of those nameless individuals into the ash heap of history like Nelson Rockefeller.

Thanks for sharing that. That was very interesting.

Let's just hope that it's a Reagan '80 result, rather than a Reagan '76 one. I have essentially no confidence the country can last in a sustainable manner another four years with any of the other contenders at the helm.

TooConservative
11-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Great post, Thomas Paine.

I wish we had a way of rating posts here so we could bump those few substantive posts like yours on a long thread up to the top.

I really like being on the forum here but seeing and searching post histories or having ways for people to mark the best posts so that everyone could see them would be really good. Sometimes, like on this thread, I have to read ten pages looking for the half-dozen really meaty posts.

Menthol Patch
11-12-2007, 08:16 AM
The big government goons are scared of Ron Paul.