PDA

View Full Version : Let freedom... litterally ring?

JasonAldenBenoit
01-16-2012, 02:43 AM
So, I was reading the below excerpt (https://plus.google.com/112707199408484711520/posts/UgdtenBfrFs)from a social website.

Happy birthday dear Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - you will always be remembered.

So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Excerpted from http://www.usconstitution.net/dream.html

Have a beautiful day all! And remember this from Dr. King: “Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'”

Imagine if all across the land, bells were ringing, piquing the interest of others. What is with all the bells they would ask? Why, that's freedom ringing! It's probably a liberty supporter who is reminding us we have freedom right now, but we'd better do what we can to continue to preserve it. (Like vote for Ron Paul, of course.)

It'd be easy to go overboard, and surely the enemies of our nation would abuse it with they're astro-turfing I reckon. However, I think it'd be a highly visible (if but auditory) recognition of liberty's reach. Bells resonate other bells, even if of a different frequency sometimes. Maybe even turn it into a honk if you get it, type of thing, I don't know. (I'm reminded of Edwin "Fast Eddie" Edwards getting 10,00 bumper stickers that said, Vote for the crook.", after the NY Times stated Louisiana had a tough choice between the crook or the racist. [Him and the ex KKK Grand Dragon, David Duke.]) What I do know is, it'd get people talking, and word of mouth is always the best form of advertisement.

I want to hear President Paul, before he even takes office and as soon as possible, to ask people to ring their bells. Not because I suggested it, mind you. But because of the powerful symbolism that it holds. Freedom does indeed ring and resonate the land into order, engulfing the chaos that often silently pervades. The key is, you have to remember to strike that bell, as needed.