PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened to OUR country while we were gone?

Davy Crockett
01-16-2012, 01:19 AM
What the hell happened to OUR country while we were gone?

As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following:

When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards. Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard. That's where the stupid started.

First, everyone was forced to get off the plane-even though the plane wasn't refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.

It's probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren't loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.

The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it re-inspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to re-inspect our Cargo-just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, re-inspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.

This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.

So we're in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they're going to confiscate his nail clippers.

The conversation went something like this:

TSA Guy: You can't take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I've had them since we left country.

TSA Guy: You're not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I'm allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can't use it to take over the plane. You don't have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

Me: Dude, just give him your F**K**G nail clippers so we can get the F**K out of here. I'll buy you a new set.

Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]

To top it off, the TSA demanded we all be swabbed for "explosive residue" detection. Everyone failed, [go figure, we just came home from a war zone], because we tested positive for "Gun Powder Residue". Who the F**K is hiring these people?

This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns-but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.

Can someone please tell me What the hell happened to OUR country while we were gone?

Sgt. Mad Dog Tracy

NidStyles
01-16-2012, 01:25 AM
That's just weird. When I came back I landed right at Drum. We were inspected in Baghram and that's it. This was 2 years ago though.

It's been getting gradually worse. We have checkpoints all over the state here in Arizona now. They are ran by DHS.

Davy Crockett
01-16-2012, 01:38 AM
It's been getting gradually worse. We have checkpoints all over the state here in Arizona now. They are ran by DHS.

I have already been through two road check points in Tennessee. One near downtown Chattanooga and the other on HWY 411 in Polk county. One can go on You Tube and find several videos on the DHS checkpoints in Tennessee.

Not sure if the story is true or not, but it should be clear to every American by now that we have been 'away for too long' and have allowed way too much governmental oversight in our lives.

paulpwns
01-16-2012, 02:05 AM
They know the military supports RP

XNavyNuke
01-16-2012, 06:40 AM
So Davy, are you Mad Dog or is the story an unlinked attribution?

XNN

moostraks
01-16-2012, 07:07 AM
sorry but rofl...because it is so sad but so truely descriptive of government ineptness

pcosmar
01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Duh,,,

it was happening to our country long before you left.
It was the reason you were sent to where you were.

What the Fuck do you think you were doing anyway?
CLUE. It was neither "fighting for our freedoms" nor Defending This Country.

:(

Anti Federalist
01-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Duh,,,

it was happening to our country long before you left.
It was the reason you were sent to where you were.

What the Fuck do you think you were doing anyway?
CLUE. It was neither "fighting for our freedoms" nor Defending This Country.

:(

Good to see you back Pete.

+rep

Dutch
01-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Factcheck says it didn't happen:

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/12/tsa-not-to-blame-for-this/

The article does contain a rebuttal, though, so even if unlikely it may be true...

Davy Crockett
01-16-2012, 10:43 AM
So Davy, are you Mad Dog or is the story an unlinked attribution?

XNN

No, I am not Mad Dog.

Bodhi
01-16-2012, 11:01 AM
"This tale from an anonymous source is an impossible fabrication. TSA doesn’t list nail clippers as prohibited items"

Oh really, they were going to take my nail clippers once because they had that tiny nail file that folds out and looks
like a tiny knife. I just broke that part off and was then allowed to keep them.

"Correction, Jan. 3, 2011: We originally reported that the TSA doesn’t screen passengers on military charters. That is true for military charters arriving at the Indianapolis International Airport — where this incident allegedly occurred — but it is not true for all airports. We have updated our report to reflect that. "

So maybe it did not happen it the Indianapolis International Airport but looks like the TSA does screen passengers on military charters at other airports, so it is not hard to imagine something like that happening.

acptulsa
01-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Welcome home, sir.

While you were away being told you were fighting for our freedoms, the people who sent you there were here fighting against our freedoms. I fear you were engaging the wrong enemy. The clear and present danger is much closer to home.

We, meanwhile, are fighting the real enemy tooth and nail. I do hope they keep you deployed stateside long enough to join in. It'll be good to have you.

oyarde
01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I once flew from Indy to Memphis to San Antonio , on my return flight in San Antonio , they would not let me take my Zippo , but I flew down with it and was using the same airline on return. I went back to where I checked my bag , made 'em dig it out , and threw it in my bag and went back through. Crazy.

AFPVet
01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
They don't trust the military who are drug and psychologically tested. They trust thug enforcers who abuse steroids and other controlled substances who have <100 IQ's and possible psychological disorders.

You see, they can't have "trustworthy" people remain armed. They really have to keep an eye on you guys because you guys can actually stop a serious incident before it becomes a problem. They can't have "good guys" stop the terrorists and save the day here at home. They need you to shut up, do what you are told, and be treated like a prisoner in the country which you swore to protect.

Bodhi
01-16-2012, 01:22 PM
They don't trust the military who are drug and psychologically tested.

Drug testing yes, psychological testing... uhh not really, they don't do a psych test. They might ask a few questions at MEPS but that is it.

oyarde
01-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Drug testing yes, psychological testing... uhh not really, they don't do a psych test. They might ask a few questions at MEPS but that is it. Back in the day , they gave us a psych test at Meps and we talked to the shrink on the way through. I lied out the ass on mine , put what I figured were the correct answers :) , besides not wetting the bed and loving my mother , I may not have done too well if I told the truth :)

Mr. Rapp
01-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Sounds like some major BS. Common sense doesn't apply anymore, neither does logic or reason when dealing with the government goon squads.

TNforPaul45
01-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Fear is what happened. Fear at multiple levels.