View Full Version : [video] Ron Paul & Doug Wead On Geraldo At Large 1/15/12

Immortal Technique
01-15-2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX37tBRSbuY

Airing Date Jan.15, 2012

Ron Paul & Doug Wead On Geraldo At Large 1/15/12

FreeTraveler
01-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Geraldo has always been slime. He just keeps sinking lower and lower. He's the Nancy Grace of Fox.

Harald
01-15-2012, 10:18 PM
After reading all the hand-wringing over at a different thread about this interview, it turned out reasonably good.

Wead got about 60 seconds to answer the first question, another 60 for the second question.
Think of it as two 60 second ads or four 30 second ones.

Gage
Geraldo has always been slime. He just keeps sinking lower and lower. He's the Nancy Grace of Fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrz6wizYenY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZU1WVdy1kM

Adam West
Good video. Ron looked refreshed. Thanks for posting it

coffeewithgames
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
????????? This is the type of crap garbage and they wonder why it's not fair treatment? "Doug Wead, what an appropriate name for an RP supporter."

Seriously. Going to post more anti-Fox on my FB page, thanks for the motivation P.O.T. Geraldo.

The One
01-15-2012, 10:24 PM
????????? This is the type of crap garbage and they wonder why it's not fair treatment? "Doug Wead, what an appropriate name for an RP supporter."

Seriously. Going to post more anti-Fox on my FB page, thanks for the motivation P.O.T. Geraldo.

Okay, but you have to admit...that there was funny. I don't care who you are.

coffeewithgames
01-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Okay, but you have to admit...that there was funny. I don't care who you are.

If you call keeping the same garbage message to the zombie viewers funny, okay. I am encountering way to many zombies online, to find the garbage spewed anymore as funny. Even though I do like this form of comedy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTfDmfiJ6rk

dbill27
01-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Rivera is the al sharpton of fox

Tyler_Durden
01-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Notice they were at the S Carolina event, but no clip or mention of the Endorsement!!!

J_White
01-15-2012, 10:34 PM
good !

ronpaulitician
01-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Craig Rivera: "Ron Paul is more of a peace candidate. He's the one who is saying, 'Let's close down all of those 900 bases overseas. Let's bring all of our troops back home, and be more concerned about our own sovereign state, our own sovereign borders.' So he is the peace candidate for a lot of those young kids that voted for Obama."

Geraldo: "What about the fact that he wants to legalize marijuana?"

Craig: "That's one of the things. He wants to liberalize laws. He doesn't believe that we should be regulating things like that, but their concerns are about jobs, about college loans, pandering politicians. That's what's fueling Paul's renegade campaign. And the heavily-wired generation is also responding to Paul's warning that the federal government is eroding privacy, and they are poised to regulate internet freedom, you know, the SOPA law."

Okay, slight misrepresentation by Craig Rivera regarding Paul not wanting to regulate "things like that", but other than that, that must have been the most succinct summary of why people support Ron Paul by a reporter.

Kudos to you, Craig.

JJ2
01-15-2012, 10:55 PM

Oh, wow. I thought he said "what a perfect day for a Paul supporter" when I first watched it!

undergroundrr
01-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah Craig. He really told it like it is despite Geraldo's best efforts.

JJ2
01-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm glad Wead mentioned the Southern Baptist angle.

GunnyFreedom
01-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Geraldo Rivera apparently has marijuana on the brain. Does Fox news do drug testing?

The One
01-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Geraldo Rivera apparently has marijuana on the brain. Does Fox news do drug testing?

I could see Gerry firing up a fatty.

GunnyFreedom
01-15-2012, 11:18 PM
I could see Gerry firing up a fatty.

And that should be his right. In that entire episode, though, he was the only one talking about it, so it's apparently his issue not Paul's.

SonofThunder
01-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Good God... Doug Wead is the man. Is his record clean? I'd love to see him as the VP just to see the debates between him and Biden.

Truth bomb after truth bomb and right for the jugular. I mean think about the kind of cojones it takes to say "we're not going to send you off to die for some pentagon contractor" when you're on a network that is owned by the same people who own the pentagon contractor. Wow.

michaelwise
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Send Geraldo this;

Ron Paul Parade by South Florida Grassroots! (MASSIVE EXPOSURE!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB6awqRIu4Q

JJ2
01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Good God... Doug Wead is the man. Is his record clean?

If working for George H.W. Bush and coining the term "Compassionate Conservative" is considered "clean." ;)

abruzz0
01-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Geraldo needs to catch another chair to the face after that stupid ass marijuana comment. I'm getting so annoyed with that.

papitosabe
01-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Send Geraldo this;

Ron Paul Parade by South Florida Grassroots! (MASSIVE EXPOSURE!)
[video=youtube;PB6awqRIu4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB6awqRIu4Q[video]

eww...please don't... wasn't very impressive..

Publicani
01-16-2012, 12:50 AM
I am sure Geraldo believes that he gave a good coverage of Ron Paul. Actually his intentions were probably good, but he was too condescending and ill-informed.

Dsylexic
01-16-2012, 01:52 AM
eww...please don't... wasn't very impressive..
it is impressive in the 2008 campaign sense.not professional,but true grassroot enthusiasm

Sola_Fide
01-16-2012, 01:58 AM
If working for George H.W. Bush and coining the term "Compassionate Conservative" is considered "clean." ;)

Glad to know that one-time standard GOP'ers like Wead are able to be nudged in a more principled direction. That gives me hope for the future.

vita3
01-16-2012, 03:23 AM
Don't know why anyone would really complain about that piece. Pretty good all-around.

Chibioz
01-16-2012, 03:55 AM
When it comes to these kind of interviews, I guess you could call them in "enemy territory" where every question is baiting for a bad sounding soundbite, Doug Wead is an absolute genius at handling those kind of questions. I really think he's doing a good job.

B964
01-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Doug Wead was just on different interview (don't recall with who) and they cut him off for a break exactly the same was as in that Geraldo one. Right when he started talking about not sending Troops to die for some Pentagon contr... "Oh, time for a break. We'll be right back with more questions about the newsletters"

CaptainAmerica
01-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Geraldo is such a punk. Trying to smear young voters with the typical propaganda "but they want to legalize marijuana"

Justinfrom1776
01-16-2012, 04:37 AM
Geraldo is such a punk. Trying to smear young voters with the typical propaganda "but they want to legalize marijuana"

He thinks we're all hipster potheads like he was/is. It should be noted that Paul would be the first president since Reagan who hasn't used marijuana.

I don't use marijuana(anymore) but the fact that the federal government has deemed it illegal has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Fort Lauderdale
01-16-2012, 06:45 AM
RON PAUL!